✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bon Iver

Black Rose

So today I bought the CD and when I got home the deluxe package (" vinyl of the album and Calgary, Tshirt, and poster).

Then with the vinyl in hand, I listened to the album for the very first time and the song I was most worried about, turned out to be my favourite :p

Beth/rest is for some reason just so emotional. And just a great closer of the album. The rest of the album sounded pretty familiar but I already know that I'm gonna love it just as I did For Emma (which took me a while to get into)

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved these!

And it's always nice to watch some of your favorite music performed on one of your favorite tv shows :awesome:

Whew! Thank you for these!

Phew, what a man.

Just... what a man.

but the positive reviews far out weight the negative ones

"possesses all the austere beauty and understated emotiveness of its predecessor." Uncut

"triumphant record, one that may well be my favorite of the year." Paste

"One of 2011's most absorbing, affecting and downright brilliant LPs" BBC Music

"A wonderful, worthy follow-up" Clash Music

it's always nice when a hyped up sophomore record delivers.

I actually find this one less boring.

there's so much more going on in this album. it's not just a guy in the jungle having a cry about how miserable he is. this album is far more adventurous and daring with more moving parts.......just simply more going on.

I discovered Bon Iver through a song in a free pack of songs on iTunes for "Indie Artists to Watch". I can honestly say he is the only one I ever hear anything from. Justin is a brilliant artist, and Bon Iver is another fantastic release.

there's so much more going on in this album. it's not just a guy in the jungle having a cry about how miserable he is. this album is far more adventurous and daring with more moving parts.......just simply more going on.

Yup I can say I like it, unlike the For Emma one

I only discovered Bon Iver after reading a review in my local paper last Sunday, then he played on Colbert on Monday and I was just struck at how goosebumpy his song and music was. I have not been this stunned by a musician since 2008 when I saw the National open for R.E.M. Loved the National so much took a bus down to N.Y.C. and saw them in Central park.

Bon Iver has had that effect on me, and I have yet to listen to his first album.

Of all the songs, Holocene is the one that has truly grown in my mind, and reading the lyrics as it plays, just :stunned:

I have had the album playing on my ipod touch repeatedly since I bought it on Tuesday. Even let it play while I sleep to seep into my dreams, just such an exquisitely beautiful album.