✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite highlights of sunday :

meeting with Marsu, Loudefix, Chavi, Khalplay Camille, SuedeNImes and Mc (+ Bambi of the French Forum)

Yellow, Chinese Sleep Chant (live is great), 42, Fix You, the Hardest Part (we could move quite close to the piano), Green Eyes,Politik (so much more than in Rotterdam), Lovers in Japan, the Scientist, Lit II

and shouting at Will's command.

Everything else was great too !

shame they didn't play COL, i really thought they would....being in London!!!

i was at B'ham NIA on 1/12 and it was the exact same set except simon pegg was there!!! LOL:laugh3:

i thought the venue was amazing and course Coldplay were too.......if only their set would last another half hour to get a few extra songs in!!;):)

i was in the upper tier 118 where was everyone else??

shame they didn't play COL, i really thought they would....being in London!!!

i was at B'ham NIA on 1/12 and it was the exact same set except simon pegg was there!!! LOL:laugh3:

i thought the venue was amazing and course Coldplay were too.......if only their set would last another half hour to get a few extra songs in!!;):)

i was in the upper tier 118 where was everyone else??

Outside Starbucks!:P

Terrible in French means of course exactly the opposite of terrible in English !! lol

as in great, amazing, lovely ..terrific indeed

and we were indeed in front of the p.a. so we could stand behind our seats and have plenty of space to dance :D

The quality is shit - I know.

I made videos from what happened BETWEEN songs as people often don't seem to film this.

It's for all of you who couldn't be there to give you a feeling of how it was.

The first one is the end of VH, "If you're from London, won't you let me know" :)

Sorry about all the screaming :dance:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

This is Chris saying Hi to us, the "Noise competition" and the beginning of "Yellow" with the balloons falling down...

I was really far away from the stage, so don't even try to recognise anything happening down there :(

I also recorded the audio of the last part of the concert!

Means:

The Scientist,

Back for Good,

Life in Technicolor II,

part of the Escapist.

I'm uploading it at the moment!! :dance:

As Mark said before - I had the best time meeting all the Coldplayers!!!

It was so much fun I had with you...

But I didn't really like the audience's behaviour. Many people were already leaving while they were still on stage!

I know you have to get trains home etc...

BUT IT IS JUST RUDE TO LEAVE WHILE THEY ARE STILL PERFORMING!

As you can see from my videos I was in the upper tier and the atmosphere just wasn't right.

People sitting almost bored in their seats, only some standing.

I can proudly report that I was standing from the beginning to end, waving my glow sticks and dancing hard :dance: :dance:

Anyway, here is the link to the mp3 of the last part of the concert:

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=QVV8H0LK

10.52 MB, 11:29mins

Hello All,

I went on sunday and absolutely loved all of it, one question though if anyone can help? After the part with Simon Pegg, the intermission they played a Viva La Vida dance mix, does anyone know where i can get it from or who mixed it.

Many Thanks

Matt

[ame=

]
[/ame]

When people are screaming Chris was destroying a balloon :)

"Given that we have only about 2 hit singles, one of which is about to be taken away by some guitar player, we gonna play the end of Yellow a few times..." :laugh3:

I loved it!

It was so great to see the people on the floor playing with the balloons!!

Hello All,

I went on sunday and absolutely loved all of it, one question though if anyone can help? After the part with Simon Pegg, the intermission they played a Viva La Vida dance mix, does anyone know where i can get it from or who mixed it.

Many Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt!!

Welcome on the board!

Where were you sitting?

The VLV remix is made by Thin White Duke... You should find it in the multimedia section!

Some random and some not-so-random pics I took in London:

First evening... :heart:

CIMG3325.jpg

At Notting Hill

CIMG3403.jpg

I did a BBC Television Centre tour and was inside the dressing room :D

CIMG3408.jpg

These boots were walking up to Violet Hill!!

CIMG3447.jpg

Just found it's a funny sign.

CIMG3448.jpg

WEMBLEY!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :laugh3:

CIMG3454.jpg

I think this is the place to go in case something happens in London... :thinking:

CIMG3533.jpg

CIMG3534.jpg

The O2 welcoming us.

CIMG3539.jpg

View from my seat as the place is starting to fill up SLOWLY.

CIMG3547.jpg

CIMG3570.jpg

CIMG3571.jpg

CIMG3573.jpg

And after the concert:

CIMG3596.jpg

CIMG3602.jpg

The butterfly confetti canons!

CIMG3603.jpg

CIMG3670.jpg

Monday!!

(If any one of you in the pic doesn't want it to be uploaded here, tell me and I'll remove it!!!)

CIMG3697.jpg

My gate where I was leaving from on Tuesday... :\

CIMG3750.jpg

CIMG3751.jpg

finally catch Coldplay live, after ridiculously missing out on the last one without paying attention. I was lucky to get single seat tickets late in October, but all it meant after that was the endless wait for the actual night itself.

I still remember the first time I paid real attention to them. I liked Yellow, but it wasn’t initially enough to get me chasing after them. Sometime in 2001, Channel 5 showed a MTV Live special on TV, and i was probably channel surfing when it just had to happen that i saw/heard the introduction to ‘Clocks’. The rest, as they say, is history.

Clocks remains one of my personal favourite songs, and I’ve unsuccesfully learnt how to get the first bit off a piano. In any case, my only complain of the concert was that Clocks came on as the third song after Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill, catching me somewhat cold and unprepared. I somehow had fooled myself into believing it would be an encore (the honour went to The Scientist).

Chris Martin was an absolutely livewire on stage, and he just comes across as the bloke next door who made it big writing songs. Makes you even more jealous that his wife is the lovely Gwyneth Paltrow, whom I adore as well.

Hosting the largest sing-along in London as he puts it, he got the whole crowd to hum to that unmistakable hymn in Viva la Vida, and left me bouncing in appreciation to Lovers in Japan. Every song bred its familiarity with me, and it would be a sin for me to not write about this.

I realised how much I love attending gigs. Big (THIS!), small (Read: Base Ball Bear in Hiroshima), they’re all an outlet of escape for me. On another note, i also realise how much closer i really am to leaving London for good. There’s only so much time left, and it’s up to me to make the most of it.

Nonetheless, Thank you Coldplay.

http://becauseimreal.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/viva-la-vida/