✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

First evening... :heart:

CIMG3325.jpg

Wow, this one is really beautiful :shocked3:

I would have liked to take some pics of the sunset in London, but I don't know why I was always on the tube before it was already dark

CIMG3534.jpg

Oh :charming:

It was veeeery nice to meet you after the show, really was an awesome day!!!

and was an ammmmazing gig, and I'm very delighted to have more :flutterby:, the butterflies t-shirt (finally), and one of the yellow balloons from London!!

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vids from far away.. big screens, how wonderful :dozey:

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=cQL2njQGpl0]YouTube - End of In my place London Dec 14 2008[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4OjTG5syI]YouTube - cheering competition O2 London 14th dec 08[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=3oIt4ekpC0w]YouTube - DWNC with Simon Pegg 14th dec 08[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JPm4dAvqD-w]YouTube - Green eyes with Simon Pegg 14th dec 08[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvVwTYdtKk]YouTube - Goodbyes, Coldplay live at the O2 dec 14[/ame]

Some random and some not-so-random pics I took in London:

First evening... :heart:

CIMG3325.jpg

At Notting Hill

CIMG3403.jpg

I did a BBC Television Centre tour and was inside the dressing room :D

CIMG3408.jpg

These boots were walking up to Violet Hill!!

CIMG3447.jpg

Just found it's a funny sign.

CIMG3448.jpg

WEMBLEY!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :laugh3:

CIMG3454.jpg

I think this is the place to go in case something happens in London... :thinking:

CIMG3533.jpg

CIMG3534.jpg

The O2 welcoming us.

CIMG3539.jpg

View from my seat as the place is starting to fill up SLOWLY.

CIMG3547.jpg

CIMG3570.jpg

CIMG3571.jpg

CIMG3573.jpg

And after the concert:

CIMG3596.jpg

CIMG3602.jpg

The butterfly confetti canons!

CIMG3603.jpg

CIMG3670.jpg

Monday!!

(If any one of you in the pic doesn't want it to be uploaded here, tell me and I'll remove it!!!)

CIMG3697.jpg

My gate where I was leaving from on Tuesday... :\

CIMG3750.jpg

CIMG3751.jpg

AWESOME INCREDIBLE photos Sue!!! THANKS for sharing!!! You've got me so so so excited now to go to London and take my own:D:dance:

Great pics girls. I can try to upload my stuff but I didn't know that camera of mine sucked that much...

My concert photos are terrible too - but there are more than enough floating around anyway, and the ones I got before and after the gigs more than made up for it!!:D

Thanks Anna (is that the right way to write it ^^?)

Actually I slept like 2 entire days without stopping... last day in London was hard, as Chavi could tell, I was like falling asleep between all stops in the subway hehe !

I thought Chavi seemed a bit tired on Tuesday too.;)

Thanks Anna (is that the right way to write it ^^?)

Actually I slept like 2 entire days without stopping... last day in London was hard, as Chavi could tell, I was like falling asleep between all stops in the subway hehe !

Oh! :shocked2:

Good that you weren't on your own then.

I have a friend who fell asleep on the tram on the way home.

The train guard woke her up at the final stop...

She fell asleep again and the train guard woke her up at the other end's final stop!! :lol:

Then she finally managed to stay awake.

We talk about this story for years now :laugh3:

Anna is correct!

I wrote the PMs...

I hope some of you have a pic or two for me as well :kiss:

(I am especially curious to see a certain pic with the flag. I know it can only be totally embarassing... :thinking:)

Review : (I hear a few saying 'it's about time...') :P

We got inside the O2 around 5pm because we had a meet up with some other Coldplayers. While we (Khalplay and myself) were waiting, we saw Pete from Oxfam briefing the volunteers.. I didnt want to go and bother him when working. So we waited aside. I was trying to reach Lauve on the phone when Khalplay told me Pete was looking in our direction (who wouldnt .. we couldnt go unoticed with our French flags on the back:P)I turned around and yeah he was.. huge eyes, very surprised to see me there he had the same expression on his face as he had in Rotterdam when we talked to him for the first time back in October. Too cute ! I had to ask if he remembered me (felt kinda silly) and he nicely said 'of course I do!'. had to say hello on behalf of Carla as well, because I promised I would. we also talked about him meeting Ian and Jen. Later, a volunteer came and interrupted us.. Volunteer : Hi, hmm Paul ! Pete : Hi.. uhh no Pete !

then I left .. had to let him work !

We met a few Coldplayers at Starbucks ! it was pretty nice. :nice: took piccies and stuff.

Then we went back outside to see if we could find a ticket for Khalplay.. it was time for me to get inside, so we said we would call each other.. and then later, I saw her walking inside with another woman. I yelled for her, and Khalplay was in total shock, not knowing what was happening to her and kept telling me 'I have to go..' :lol: that's when I realised she found a ticket. And we went seperate ways, because I was on the floor and she was in the upper tier.

French coldplayers and myself went upstairs, signed the Oxfam petition, and went inside the venue. Gaaaah, I started to get reaaaally excited when we walked right past the C-stage.. would've stolen the guitars if I could !! Damn, I should've just sat there.. no one would've noticed :lol: got even more excited when Hoppy came next to me to check the guitars.. GAAH !!

We went to our seats and waited for the show to start.

The domino state were alright. but Jon Hopkins was real torture ! I swear I was falling asleep on my seat... the room was half full (or half empty). People started rushing when JayZ was on. I got up as soon as it was the Blue Danube, having people wondering what the hell :rolleyes:

black out, sparklers : SHOW TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a rush of adrenaline, man I missed that feeling of excitment ! Screaming like crazy, jumping up and down, dancing and singing !

I'll never get tired of Life in technicolor ! such a great opener. But when the curtains went up for Violet hill, I found myself a bit off, realising I was so far from the stage and people around me were standing still.. it took me a few songs to get in the mood again, although my body was really into it, my mind was somewhere else. I dont remember for which song it was, but suddenly I noticed Lauve and other French Coldplayers (Marsu, Loudefix and Bambi) standing next to me (their seats were a few rows behind), and I was BACK, enjoying it to DEATH :lol:

Speed of sound got me a bit teary :embarassed: I love it even more each time I listen to it.. with my hands floating in the air to the line 'birds come flying at the speed of sound' as if I was sharing this moment with a special friend (:kiss:). The crowd werent going nuts as I wish it would have. But it didnt disappoint for the big hits, as Viva la vida, Yellow, Fix you, and Clocks obviously, and also the yeahs for In my place. So to be honest, I've known MUCH BETTER crowds, and London's is very far behind. and like many said, I wont be going to any other seated shows again.. you feel so restricted, it's annoying ! and securirty is a pain in the ass, doing rounds and telling you to stay to your seat. Man, my seat is right there, get off me with your light! the worst thing was probably people coming in and out for beers....... you can be thirsty and all, it's alright with me, but dont come and bother me asking me to move :dozey:

anyway, the C-stage was a HUGE highlight ! Even though Carla spoiled the surprise of having Simon Pegg joining the band, I went BANANAS when I actually saw him a few feet away ! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :dance: Gotta LOOOOVVEEEEEE the man ! I must confess that as soon as I arrived in London, I kept thinking 'omg what if I see Simon Pegg in the street' Hahaha ! and voilà :D I kept screaming 'Simoooon, Simoooon' even before Chris introduced him.. God, he was too cute (sorry I'm a bit cheesy there:P) and the harmonica... Gaaaah ! Chris honey, we dont need you anymore ! :lol:

we tried the mobile glowsticks, and realised French people and a few others were the only ones doing it :lol: I even think they shortened the Viva remix because of that !

Politik was another great moment, it always is actually ! that's when your heart is about to explode to the drumbeat ! The butterflies aww, no need to say anything :heart:

the Take That cover got me good as well, found myself singing to it (haha gotta thank my sister for listening to them over and over again, the lyrics got stuck in my head :D) and then LITii, the perfect song, isnt it ?

after the show, I tried to collect a few butterflies for Karen. And I managed to get a setlist from a nice sound engineer !

to sum up : the band were fantastic. Lots of energy, passion and all ! Coldplay live can never disappoint.

however, the crowd can.. and it's not the same for everyone, but to me, it has a very important part in making a show better. And there, I would rank this show at the very bottom of my list of gigs I attended this year. Again, this has nothing to do with the band.

side note : if you wanna read the 'Chavi stalks Oxfam Pete' stories you have to check our off-topic thread in the Lounge :lol::lol:

And there, I would rank this show at the very bottom of my list of gigs I attended this year.

Unfortunately, it was the same for me (and I've seen a lot of gigs this year).

Meeting you guys before and after the shows (and on the Monday) were the real highlights for me.

I never thought I could be disappointed by a Coldplay concert, but I was - twice, and all because of the all-seating policy.

However, perhaps it will now mean I will enjoy the 2009 stadium shows all the better!!:D

Unfortunately, it was the same for me (and I've seen a lot of gigs this year).

Meeting you guys before and after the shows (and on the Monday) were the real highlights for me.

I never thought I could be disappointed by a Coldplay concert, but I was - twice, and all because of the all-seating policy.

However, perhaps it will now mean I will enjoy the 2009 stadium shows all the better!!:D

it could've been better if, like you said, we'd been surrounded by Coldplayers.. (although I did have a good time with my fellow French coldplayers.. it's just that security wouldnt let them stay with me)

Now, anything can top the two London gigs ! looking forward to it :dance:

it could've been better if, like you said, we'd been surrounded by Coldplayers.. (although I did have a good time with my fellow French coldplayers.. it's just that security wouldnt let them stay with me)

Now, anything can top the two London gigs ! looking forward to it :dance:

Imagine 80+ Coldplayers around you... At the front :D

:dance:

Review : (I hear a few saying 'it's about time...') :P

had to say hello on behalf of Carla as well, because I promised I would.

Speed of sound got me a bit teary :embarassed: I love it even more each time I listen to it.. with my hands floating in the air to the line 'birds come flying at the speed of sound' as if I was sharing this moment with a special friend (:kiss:).

anyway, the C-stage was a HUGE highlight ! Even though Carla spoiled the surprise of having Simon Pegg joining the band, I went BANANAS when I actually saw him a few feet away ! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :dance: Gotta LOOOOVVEEEEEE the man ! I must confess that as soon as I arrived in London, I kept thinking 'omg what if I see Simon Pegg in the street' Hahaha ! and voilà :D I kept screaming 'Simoooon, Simoooon' even before Chris introduced him.. God, he was too cute (sorry I'm a bit cheesy there:P) and the harmonica... Gaaaah ! Chris honey, we dont need you anymore ! :lol:

side note : if you wanna read the 'Chavi stalks Oxfam Pete' stories you have to check our off-topic thread in the Lounge :lol::lol:

:dance: can't stop imagining !!

ty :kiss: told you he'd never forget

:kiss: i do it too :rolleyes:

well eXCUse me :dozey: what would you have yelled before chris introduced him :P

love the review :D