✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeeeeee! I see socks!!!!!! :bomb::drunk: And some gorgeous long legs!

Mwahaha look what I got Ian :P

dsc014732uu8.jpg

dsc014753cw5.jpg

These were on the Simon board so credit to the lovely people there. :D

Also apparently Mister Pegg said he was playing all three nights! :D

He looks like he has some ghetto form of the "uniform" on :dance:

:laugh3: Haha, ghetto form! :kiss:

ok so inbetween Top Gear and live updates, I've just received the most bizarre email:

dear Coldplay

My son Guy bouhgt you all a beer on stage in Ahoy Rotterdam He would like to see you perform in Nijmegen in september next year Could you arrange a ticket for this lovely student as a Christmas gift?

he had the goose pimples while you were performing and he did his Heineken beer job It would be the ultimate thing for him love

Marianne

:o

occasionally I get emails thinking this is the official Coldplay site :uhoh:

Gosh Coldplay, why didn't you comp yourself some tickets to this show? :laugh3: And could I have an AAA pass for Christmas. :kiss:

Coldplay burn up the 02

SNF15BIZNN_682_680865a.jpg

Thrilling ... Coldplay's Chris Martin

COLDPLAY rocked London last night with singer CHRIS MARTIN picking up the guitar to thrill their fans.

The gig at the O2 was the latest stop on the band’s gruelling Viva La Vida world tour and their first in the capital.

Some rock bands have problems making their music fill vast venues – Coldplay aren’t one of them.

Recording their album in a church must have helped.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2037923.ece

Anyway, meeting all the fellow Coldplayers (and a few more besides) was great, and the whole build-up to the concert was fantastic.

However, it sounds like most of us ended up sitting/standing next to fuddy-duddies, which dulled the atmosphere somewhat.

This has nothing to do with the band, who were fab as always.

I had people either side of me who weren't very animated and didn't seem that "into" the show.

The guy to my right informed me he hadn't even bothered listening to VLV (even though he had the album) and I even had to explain to him who Will was!!:dozey:

Furthermore, the woman to my left hardly left her seat, let alone be "animated".

This is the problem with all-seater concerts, and this show has merely served to reinforce my negative opinion of them.

I had so much more fun in Cologne because I was in the front standing area and therefore surrounded by like-minded individuals. There I was in a state of euphoria from start to finish, and that was far from the case this evening.

At the 02 I even noticed that there were some people in the front row who weren't even animated. What a waste!!:dozey:

What a pity all the Coldplayers couldn't have stood together somewhere. That would have been far better for all of us, I'm sure.

I had a good seat to the side of the stage (Block 114), and so count myself lucky in that respect, but I didn't leave the venue "on a high" as I did in Cologne (and indeed at every other Coldplay concert I've been to).

At ALL of those other concerts I was standing, so that speaks for itself.;)

I will be going again on Tuesday, and of course I'll enjoy it, as I did this concert.

However, I hope the band/promoters learn from this and never do all-seater concerts again.

Everyone should have a choice whether they sit or stand, as they will at Wembley in September.

Then the fuddy-duddies can sit down for the entire concert if they want and not affect the enjoyment of us diehards.;)

I'm sure Wembley will be fantastic, as there'll be so many of us standing together. That'll make a huge difference.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_pR9dFV3pNU]YouTube - Coldplay Fix You O2 14/12/08[/ame]

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f4VDt4aYFEk]YouTube - Coldplay feat. Simon Pegg Greeneyes, O2 14/12/08[/ame]

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jfB7EBOA5ME]YouTube - Coldplay Strawberry Swing, O2 14/12/08[/ame]

some videos from my phone, annoyingly the light sometimes was a wee bit bright but the sound is :D

I saw Simon Pegg !!!!!!!!! OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: will make a review later, long day tomorrow..

:kiss: thanks Carla for updating everyone, sorry no network at the beginning of the show, so wasnt able to text 'start' ...

see you in the other London threads for more updates :dance:

I saw Simon Pegg !!!!!!!!! OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: will make a review later, long day tomorrow..

:kiss: thanks Carla for updating everyone, sorry no network at the beginning of the show, so wasnt able to text 'start' ...

see you in the other London threads for more updates :dance:

Weeeee :dance:

I will be going again on Tuesday, and of course I'll enjoy it, as I did this concert.

However, I hope the band/promoters learn from this and never do all-seater concerts again.

so

right

!

Great performance anyway (lovely to see them doing lotsa true mistakes during few songs like SOS), was glad to enter the venue getting the ticket after the opening of the doors :D

I saw R#42 !!!!!!!!! OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will make a review later, long day tomorrow..

(and R#42 saw me:cool: ... again)

LOST PROPERTY - JUBILEE LINE (SUNDAY 14 DECEMBER)

Hi,

Did anyone leave a bag on a Jubilee Line train after the O2 gig on Sunday night?

If so, please send me a PM with details of the bag and its contents and I shall arrange for it to be returned to you.

Genuine messages only please!

Thanks.