✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Sep-2008: Colorline Arena, Hamburg - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is that interesting-looking "B" there? I thought he said the German word for "shit." But it sounds like shysta or something. You spell it with that "B"?

What would it mean if you spelled it like scheibe?

Thanks!

Well this “ß” is an additional letter in the German alphabet besides ä,ö and ü. It’s pronounced as a sharp “S” so you have to say “scheisse”. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9F

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well now I’ll try to write some lines about my concert in Hamburg, before I’m going to forget the details. ;) Sorry for some mistakes. My English’s crap, but I hope it’s comprehensible.

My journey started at 11.30am and I decided to use the car. The whole time I didn’t realise that it’s THE day until I spotted the first cranes of Hamburg’s harbour and the traffic-jam around the Elbtunnel. Suddenly I became very nervous and exciting. I left the motorway at Volkspark and thought the electronic parking system would show me the way to a car park. Far from it!!! All signs showed “closed” and I spent more than 30 minutes driving around the arena and finding a car park.

Well afterwards I parked in front of the HSH Nordbank Arena, the biggest enemy for a football supporter of Werder Bremen like me haha. I was so glad Coldplay performed in the Colorline Arena next to it. :D So I arrived there and I saw absolutely no one. I was like WTF and couldn’t believe it. So I went around the arena until I’ve found Sarah and Felix. :D There were only a handful of fans in front of the entrance. We sit back and talked a bit. Later on Dennis (Felix’s flat mate) and Nele arrived; my mate from Kiel came at 4pm. We tried to spot Coldplay behind the arena, but weren’t successful. We had so much fun and were joking the whole time though. :D Then at 5pm it began to rain and we decided to queue in front of the entrance. There were a lot of British people and nearly everyone around us was English lol. No wonder for me after the big disappointment as you don’t have a chance to get front row in UK. :( At the car park I also spotted lots of Danish cars. I realized they didn’t stop in Copenhagen this tour. But well that’s another story.

At 6pm they opened the gates and it became a nightmare! Everyone tried to be the first one in so it was really tough, but Sarah and I somehow managed to be one of the first ones and we were running for a good position. Then we had to wait again and I was very glad that some people have sold pretzels as I was very hungry. The security was very nice. I had nightmares when I heard about yellow wristlets in Cologne. At 7.40pm Albert Hammond Jr. entered the stage and his show began. Very early and surprising for all of us.

I only knew his first record (Yours To Keep), I like it and that’s why I was very exciting. But in the end I have to admit that I was disappointed about his performance. Don’t really know why… The sound was very very loud, he played more songs of his second and new album, he wasn’t very communicative, the whole performance seemed to be half-hearted somehow. I was glad when he finished…

Then we were waiting again and after a while we listened to Jay-Z and the Viennese Waltz. I knew we were so closed to the start!!! Shortly before 9pm Coldplay came on stage. Everyone around me went nuts. “Life And Technicolor” began and I liked the idea of only be able to see their silhouettes, because a very thin curtain was between us and the band. “Violet Hill” was following, then “Clocks” which was amazing. I think especially Will was amazing here. During the very short breaks Dennis was always screaming “Fix You” and everyone around us was laughing. It was too funny. :D

“In My Place” and “Speed Of Sound” were following. Personally the last one is probably the most important song, because “SOS” was the reason why I decided to pay attention to Coldplay. I knew them, sure, but I wasn’t really addicted to them beforehand. The next songs were “Cemeteries Of London” and “42”. I was a bit disappointed about the atmosphere. Hamburg’s citizens have the reputation of being very cold and unemotional and I had the same feeling first. Luckily it completely changed with “Fix You”. Then we listened to “Chinese Sleep Chant” and of course “Strawberry Swing”. First I always skipped this song, but after a while it grew on me and now it’s one of my favorites on “VLVODAAHF”.

After a short break Coldplay appeared on the right side stage to perform the techno versions of “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” and “Talk” which is extremely famous here due to the riff from Kraftwerk’s “Computerliebe”. Chris came up with “The Hardest Part” and “Postcards From Far Away” solo. From one moment to another “Viva La Vida” began and the atmosphere changed in between seconds. Will’s bell looked a lot bigger than I expected. The chorus was just classic. “Lost!” followed before they disappeared again and came back at the end of the arena.

It was so strange in that moment. We tried to get front row the whole time and now we were so far away from them haha. Chris did “The Scientist” before Will was singing “Death Will Never Conquer”. His voice is so beautiful and I hope more songs of him will follow someday. I watched his performance on one of these big magic balls. A few minutes later a “Viva La Vida Remix” has been played and we waited for them to come back on stage.

Then the guys did “Politik” and I was so glad!!! It’s one of my favorites from “AROBTTH”. :) I had no clue that the climax will be reached with the next song. It’s “Lovers Of Japan”. Damn… how amazing was it?! First all these incredible pictures in regard to Japan on the screen behind them. That was completely astonishing! And of course… the butterflies!!! It was so wonderful and I nearly had tears on my eyes. Very emotional! Well done Coldplay!

“Death And All Of His Friends” followed before they said “goodbye” and left the stage. Chris wasn’t sure about the first line of the song. He sang “"All winter we got carried" before he stopped. Now he began with "All summer we got carried" but wasn’t satisfied either haha. So he asked Will and continued with “winter” a few seconds later.

I thought the concert was over then, but Felix reminded me that “Yellow” is still coming. I totally forgot that haha. So Chris, Will, Guy and Jonny came back on stage to perform their very last song. The concert ended with “The Escapist”. Now it was the moment when you became very sad, because it’s over, but I knew Berlin will follow tomorrow yeah.

It took ages to leave the Colorline Arena and outside we decided to spot the guys behind the arena. I went to my car to get my jacket, because it was sooo cold outside like it was December. There has also been a car accident. :( So back behind the arena we tried to take some pictures with the band. The security men told us that they already left to get their plane to London. We didn’t believe them… I mean Berlin followed the next day. What a waste of kerosene… Then some members of Albert’s band left the arena so I asked one of them about Coldplay. He was very friendly and said he doesn’t know but heard they already left for London. :( We waited for a very long time and it was extremely cold, until we decided to go home. Sarah, Felix and Dennis had to catch their S-Bahn to Central Hamburg. Perhaps the band was already sitting in their tour bus as the movie channel was on there.

Back on the car park I was shocked. The gate has already been closed! AAAAARGH! Then this asshole kind of parking attendant appeared and was very mean. He asked if I know how late it was and said he will tow away my car soon. I tried to stay calm, until I realized that my car was standing on the other car park which wasn’t closed lol. Fucking asshole though!!! :( I came home at 2.30am.

Thanks again to Coldplay, Felix, Sarah, Nele, Dennis and my mate from Kiel. What a wonderful day! :nice:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures and videos will follow. I'm going to have a lunch with my grandma now. See you later! :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuBIL3mM4gM]Clocks - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNoHxQTi4SI]Chinese Sleep Chant - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MFnFYT5fM]42 (1) - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZLtbfeYTM]42 (2) - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

Coldplay erobert Hamburg

Die britischen Superstars Coldplay Sonntag in der Color Line Arena: Was für ein unfassbar gutes Konzert! Die Band hervorragend wie nie. Der Sänger Chris Martin ein Bühnentiger in Hochform. Die Show mit das Beste, was es je in dieser Halle zu sehen gab. Das Publikum am Jubeln und Toben. Was für ein Abend!

Es sind die heißesten Tickets des Konzertherbstes. Seit Monaten ist ihre Show ausverkauft. 13 000 Fans drängen sich, um Chris Martin (ja genau, der Typ von Hollywood-Beauty Gwyneth Paltrow) zu sehen.

Chris Martin Eifersüchtig auf den Ex seiner Gwyneth Kurz vor neun geht es los. Die Band erst schemenhaft hinter einem Vorhang, dann auf ihrer Superbühne: zwei Laufstege ins Publikum. Sechs Riesen-Ballone an der Hallendecke, die sich als Monitore entpuppen. Im Hintergrund eine Leinwand mit dem Revolutionsbild (hat Eugène Delacroix gemalt) ihres neuen Albums „Viva la Vida“ .

Coldplay spielen von Anfang an ihre Mitsing-Hymnen: „Clocks“, „In My Place“, „Speed Of Sound“. Kaum jemand sitzt noch auf den Rängen. Das neue „Viva la Vida“ mit seinem „Oho-ho-ho-hooooh-ho!“ kommt aus tausenden Kehlen. Martin wälzt sich dazu auf der Bühne.

Die Band: Mal hier, mal dort, aber immer ganz nah dran an den jubelnden Fans. Sie wechseln auf eine kleine Bühne mitten im Publikum. Spielen „Talk“, Martin singt dort alleine am Piano „The Hardest Part“.

Dann springen alle vier von der Bühne, rennen bis ans Ende der Halle, dort die Tribünentreppe hoch. Stehen jetzt auf dem Umlauf zwischen Unter- und Oberrang. Die Zuschauer im Block „U3“ (eigentlich ganz weit hinten) können es nicht fassen. Sie haben jetzt ihre Stars Chris, Jonny, Will und Guy direkt vor sich. Hier gibt‘s das ruhige „The Scientist“.

Zurück auf ihrer Hauptbühne: Chris Martin (mit Kurzhaarschnitt, die Lockenmähne ist ab), der sich vor einigen Jahren noch schüchtern hinter seinem Klavier verkroch, gibt die grinsende Rampensau. Rennt und hüpft und krabbelt und springt hin und her.

Letzte Zugabe nach gut eineinhalb Stunden: Der Klassiker „Yellow“. Tausende von Papier-Schmetterlingen regnen von der Hallendecke. Dann sind die Jungs weg.

„Oho-ho-ho-hooooh-ho!“ singen die 13 000 Fans noch, als bereits Rowdys am Abbauen sind. Mehr geht nicht.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/hamburg/leute/2008/09/15/kultur-coldplay-konzert/in-der-hamburger-color-line-arena.html#7

[Translation by Word 2003]

Coldplay conquers Hamburg.

British superstar the Coldplay Sunday in the Color LINE arena: Which for an incomprehensibly good concert! The volume outstanding like never. The singer Chris Martin a stage tiger in high form. The show with the best, which resounds it ever in this to see gave. The public at being jubilant and raving. Which for one evening! There is the hottest tickets of the concert autumn. Since months is their show sells off. 13,000 fans urge itself, in order to see Chris Martin (exact, the type of Hollywood Beauty Gwyneth Paltrow). Chris Martin jealous on the ex of its Gwyneth short before nine goes it loosely. The volume only schemenhaft behind a curtain, then on their superstage: two gangways in the public. Six giant balloons at the resounding corner, which as monitors emerge. In the background a canvas with the revolution picture (Eugène Delacroix has painted) of their new album „Viva la Vida “. Coldplay play from the outset their Mitsing hymns: „Clocks “, „in My Place “, „speed OF sound “. Hardly someone still sits on ranks. The new „Viva la Vida “with its „Oho ho ho hooooh ho! “comes from thousands throats. Martin rolls in addition on the stage. The volume: Times here, times there, but always completely near to at the jubilant fans. They change on a small stage in the middle in the public. To plays „talc “, Martin sings there alone at the Piano „The Hardest part “. Then all four of the stage jump, run to to the end resound, there the grandstand stairs highly. Stand now on the circulation between under and upper rank. The spectators in the block „U3 “(actually completely right at the back) cannot seize it. They have now its star Chris, Jonny, want and Guy directly before itself. Here `s gives the calm „The Scientist “. Back on their main stage: Chris Martin (with short crop, the Lockenmähne is off), which still shyly behind its piano verkroch itself some years ago, gives the grinsende ramp sow. Runs and hops and crawls and jumps back and forth. Last addition after well one and a half hours: The classical author „Yellow “. Thousands of paper butterflies rain from the resounding corner. Then are those young away. „Oho ho ho hooooh ho! “the 13,000 fans sing still, when already Rowdys at diminishing are. More does not go.

Coldplay Hamburg

Hier hatte ich es ja schon angekündigt. Dieses Jahr verpasse ich Coldplay nicht.

Coldplay zieht inzwischen immer mehr Leute an. Die Color Line Arena war wohl ausverkauft, auch wenn vor der Halle noch etliche Karten zu bekommen waren. Während wir noch in Ruhe unser Bier im Foyer tranken, begann viertel vor Acht schon die Vorband, deren Namen ich nicht mitbekommen habe .Albert Hammond jr. Die spielten fast im Stil von Coldplay, passte. Leider war der Sound sehr schlecht aber laut. Ich habe ja fast die Vermutung, dass wird absichtlich so gemacht, damit es einen Kontrast zum dann hoffentlich besseren Sound des Hauptacts gibt.

Egal, nach einer längeren Umbaupause in der mindestens zwei Leute über die ganze Zeit damit beschäftigt waren, mit einen großem Besen über die Bühne zu fegen ging es dann endlich los mit Coldplay. Beim ersten Stück habe ich noch gedacht „Na, die sind wohl eher eine Studioband…“. Diese Meinung verflüchtigte sich dann aber zunehmend. Die Jungs, die für mich ja eher unauffällig agieren – auf der Straße würde ich die nicht erkennen – legten richtig los. Es machte Spaß.

Der Sound war ok, vor allen war richtig Druck da. Lieder der neuen Platte „Viva laVida“ hatten Vorrang, aber auch die bekannten Stücke der anderen drei Alben (soweit ich das überblicke). Die Stimmung in der Halle war gut. Es gab kaum jemand, den es ab dem zweiten Song noch im Sitz hielt. Gänsehaut bei Stimmungsumbrüchen von Ballade zum Dampfhammer.

Dazu gab es eine nicht zu überladende Lichtshow. Als Besonderheit hingen in variabler Höhe 5 große Globen die auch zu Videoprojektion genutzt wurden. Sehr elegant fand ich die wellenförmige und zeitweise auch wellenförmig schwingende Konstruktion mit Reihen von Movings-Heads. Effektvoll auch der Papierregen mit UV-Licht Unterstützung. Ein paar Stücke wurden überraschend mit der ganzen Band in der Zuschauertribüne gesungen (…irgendwo hab ich das schon mal gesehen )

Insgesamt ein toller Abend und die Musik von Coldplay, die bei mir in Dauerrotation läuft, hat nun ein Gesicht für mich.

Die Fotos sind diesmal nur mit der IXUS gemacht. Schönere Bilder gibt es auf der Coldplay-Seite. Unter anderem blogt dort Roadie #42. Auf dem Hamburger Konzert hat auch wieder Marco Maas fotografiert und der ist gewöhnlich ja näher dran.

http://supersonic-blog.de/archives/151

Coldplay Hamburg

I had already announced it here to Coldplay Hamburg. This year do not miss I Coldplay. Coldplay attracts in the meantime ever more people. The Color LINE arena was probably sells off, even if before resounded still some maps to be gotten were. While we drank our beer in the entrance hall still in peace, quarter before eight already began the Vorband, whose name I had not received. Albert Hammond jr. Those played nearly in the style of Coldplay, fit. Unfortunately the sound was very badly however loud. I have nearly the assumption that intentionally in such a way made, so that there is a contrast for then hopefully the better sound of the Hauptacts. No matter, after a longer change break in that at least two people over the whole time were busy with large broom over the stage to sweep went it then finally loosely with Coldplay. With the first piece I have still meant „well, those am probably rather a Studioband… “. This opinion evaporated then however increasingly. Young, those for me rather inconspicuously act - on the road I would not recognize those - put correctly loosely. It made fun. The sound was ok, before all was correctly pressure there. Songs of the new plate „Viva laVida “had priority, in addition, the well-known pieces of the other three albums (so far I grasp). The tendency in resounds was good. There was hardly someone, which it held starting from the second Song still in the seat. Goose skin with tendency pagings from Ballade to the steam hammer. In addition there was not a Lichtshow which can be overloaded. As characteristic 5 large globes hung also to video projection were used in variable height. I found the wavy and occasionally also wavy swinging construction with rows of Movings Heads very elegant. Impressively also the paper rain with UV light support. A few pieces with the whole volume in the spectator's stand were sung surprising (… somewhere have I that already times seen) Altogether a mad evening and the music of Coldplay, which runs with me in continuous rotation, have now a face for me. The photos are made this time only with the IXUS. There are more beautiful pictures on the Coldplay side. Among other things there Roadie #42 blogt. On that Hamburg concerts also again Marco Maas photographed and that is usually closer to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuiZB2U9LW8]In My Place - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eCX1vtP-oA]Strawberry Swing - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45qZEsY9hoA]Viva La Vida - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEZsBg7o9mw]Fix You - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UUFyUff3xs]Lost! - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwe_8V8N6o]Cemeteries Of London - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saMgPrE-8ds]Lovers In Japan - Coldplay in Hamburg[/ame]

Coldplay erobert Hamburg

Die britischen Superstars Coldplay Sonntag in der Color Line Arena: Was für ein unfassbar gutes Konzert! Die Band hervorragend wie nie. Der Sänger Chris Martin ein Bühnentiger in Hochform. Die Show mit das Beste, was es je in dieser Halle zu sehen gab. Das Publikum am Jubeln und Toben. Was für ein Abend!

Es sind die heißesten Tickets des Konzertherbstes. Seit Monaten ist ihre Show ausverkauft. 13 000 Fans drängen sich, um Chris Martin (ja genau, der Typ von Hollywood-Beauty Gwyneth Paltrow) zu sehen.

Chris Martin Eifersüchtig auf den Ex seiner Gwyneth Kurz vor neun geht es los. Die Band erst schemenhaft hinter einem Vorhang, dann auf ihrer Superbühne: zwei Laufstege ins Publikum. Sechs Riesen-Ballone an der Hallendecke, die sich als Monitore entpuppen. Im Hintergrund eine Leinwand mit dem Revolutionsbild (hat Eugène Delacroix gemalt) ihres neuen Albums „Viva la Vida“ .

Coldplay spielen von Anfang an ihre Mitsing-Hymnen: „Clocks“, „In My Place“, „Speed Of Sound“. Kaum jemand sitzt noch auf den Rängen. Das neue „Viva la Vida“ mit seinem „Oho-ho-ho-hooooh-ho!“ kommt aus tausenden Kehlen. Martin wälzt sich dazu auf der Bühne.

Die Band: Mal hier, mal dort, aber immer ganz nah dran an den jubelnden Fans. Sie wechseln auf eine kleine Bühne mitten im Publikum. Spielen „Talk“, Martin singt dort alleine am Piano „The Hardest Part“.

Dann springen alle vier von der Bühne, rennen bis ans Ende der Halle, dort die Tribünentreppe hoch. Stehen jetzt auf dem Umlauf zwischen Unter- und Oberrang. Die Zuschauer im Block „U3“ (eigentlich ganz weit hinten) können es nicht fassen. Sie haben jetzt ihre Stars Chris, Jonny, Will und Guy direkt vor sich. Hier gibt‘s das ruhige „The Scientist“.

Zurück auf ihrer Hauptbühne: Chris Martin (mit Kurzhaarschnitt, die Lockenmähne ist ab), der sich vor einigen Jahren noch schüchtern hinter seinem Klavier verkroch, gibt die grinsende Rampensau. Rennt und hüpft und krabbelt und springt hin und her.

Letzte Zugabe nach gut eineinhalb Stunden: Der Klassiker „Yellow“. Tausende von Papier-Schmetterlingen regnen von der Hallendecke. Dann sind die Jungs weg.

„Oho-ho-ho-hooooh-ho!“ singen die 13 000 Fans noch, als bereits Rowdys am Abbauen sind. Mehr geht nicht.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/hamburg/leute/2008/09/15/kultur-coldplay-konzert/in-der-hamburger-color-line-arena.html#7

lolol, thanks for that, what a funny read! the BILD is like the sun - worst tabloid ever ^^ always hilarious, hehe...