✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Sep-2008: Colorline Arena, Hamburg - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh I can't remember that!

But Chris tried to speak German sometimes. :D He had to admit that his German is "scheiße" though haha.

Ohhh and the most funny thing... When he starts with "Death And All Of His Friends" he first sang...

"All summer we got carried"

Then he stops and said, "shit it's winter"...

so he tried it again...

"All winter we got carried"

Then he stops again, because he wasn't sure and said it was very cold on stage. At the end he asked Will which version is correct. :D :D Sooo funny!

edited:

http://www.coldplaying.com/

i've found the setlist here...thanks...

flickr pictures here:

coldplay-6172

In one of those pics, I see Jonny sitting at the piano. Can anyone tell me about that?

He had to admit that his German is "scheiße" though haha.

What is that interesting-looking "B" there? I thought he said the German word for "shit." But it sounds like shysta or something. You spell it with that "B"?

What would it mean if you spelled it like scheibe?

Thanks!

Mich - I can't hear the first part but then he says - "this is for you, young lady"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl36vmYdOYM]YouTube - Coldplay Hamburg 2008 "Clocks"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAAnKPlpvnk]YouTube - Coldplay - The Hardest Part in Hamburg 14.09.2008[/ame]

Pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloghaus/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tuschy/

Whoa, what a great night. My first Coldplay concert ever and I absolutely loved it. At first I thought I had to go alone, but then my little cousin said she'd go with me, which is kinda crazy, because she's not really into Coldplay and such music ... She likes US5, a crappy boygroup.

Our seats weren't that good and our block and especially our row was lame ... there were some elderly couples who just sat there. I was lucky that they at least clapped their hands from time to time ...

It was so cold in the hall. The support act already said that it was freezing in there. My cousin never took off her coat and I never really stopped clapping my hands in order to stay warm.

I just had to get up for the opening, although many people around me didn't. And suddenly I was the only one standing, I felt so stupid, so I sat during "Clocks" and "In my place". However, that couldn't keep me from screaming "Yeeeaaaah!" and singing along ... desperatly trying to motivate the people around me. :laugh3:

"Chinese Sleep Chant" was amazing. I really felt like banging my head. Jonny did the best job ever! I was blown away. :D

My favourite part of the show was definitely "Viva la Vida" and then "Lost!". The floor was vibrating under my feet. I stood there and danced and sang. And an elderly guy behind me looked at me like I was some kind of lunatic. Anyway, I just had to dance! I was so happy and overwhelmed by the atmosphere and the rythm. I really loved the "oooooohhhhh ooooohhhh ooooohhhh ohhhh" during Viva la Vida. AMAZING.

Chris was really funny. At some point he apoligised for his German skills saying "My German is scheiße (shit)". :laugh3: Although I must admit that the few words he said weren't that bad after all. :wink3:

He also said that they had some kind of "special connection" to Germany and the German fans and it just keeps on getting "better and better and better and greater and greater". :cool:

There was a medley of "God put a smile upon my face" and "Talk". I must admit that I didn't really like this version of GPASUMF, what Jonny did whith his guitar sounded kinda weird. :rolleyes:

Chris also rambled something about their concert philosophy and that it had to get worse to get better again. Then he played "The hardest part" on the piano. I really melted away. That was so beautiful. I really don't get why he doesn't like that song. :inquisitive:

On the second stage somewhere at the back of the hall (of course not on my side) they played "The Scientist" and "Death will never conquer me". Will looked so cute while he sang. :D

Chris said something like "We thought we'd give the people here at the back a chance to see how lovely-looking we are". :wink3:

I think after the break they played "Politik", which is great, because that's the one song I desperately wanted to see live. At that point I didn't really care about the people around me anymore. I just screamed "Open up your eyes!" as loud as I could. :laugh3: (Of course weird guy behind me was looking at me again ...)

The beginning of "Death and all his friends" was quite funny as well. "Chis started "All winter we ...." and then again "All summer ..." and then asked someone for the lyrics commenting the whole thing with "It's so freaking cold in this room I can't even remember which season it is" ... I absolutely agreed. :laugh3:

"Lovers in Japan" was sooo beautiful and I already started to feel sad, because I knew that this is usually their last song. I was literally living that song, so I forgot to take pics of the beautiful confetti effects.

And at the end I was trying to remember what song they haven't played. I knew something was missing. But then the band came back to stage and "Yellow" started and I just screamed "For you I bleed myself dry!!!". I sang along the complete song. It was overwhelming ...

My cousin really enjoyed the concert. She even bought a poster of the band. :laugh3: And then she asked me who the guitarist whithout the cap was, because he looked really cute. :laugh3: She meant Guy of course. :D

But according to her the singer was kinda "yucky" and the drummer looked "strange" ... oh well, she's a pubescent teenie after all. :laugh3: She just doesn't know what's good! :wink3:

It took us about 15 minutes to get out of the arena. The exit doors were completely blocked. :laugh3:

Despite the lame people around me, I really enjoyed my first Coldplay concert. Next time I'll be part of the huge crowd in front of the stage. :laugh3:

And they played a lot of songs, I can't remember missing one. And Chris' voice was just fine, not shaky anymore, absolutely amazing! :)

The songs they played, in no particular order:

Life in Technicolour, Violet Hill, Chinese Sleep Chant, Clocks, In my place, Speed of Sound, Viva la Vida, Lost!, God put a smile upon my face, Talk, The Scientist, Death will never conquer me, Politik, Lovers in Japan, Death and all his friends, Yellow, Cemetries of London, 42, Strawberry swing, Fix you, The hardest part

(Hope I didn't forget one)

I only took a few pics. I couldn't zoom in any closer.

Coldplay_140908_01.jpg

Coldplay_140908_02.jpg

Coldplay_140908_03.jpg

Coldplay_140908_04-1.jpg

Me trying to capture the magic balls:

Coldplay_140908_05-1.jpg

My favourite:

Coldplay_140908_06-2.jpg

Coldplay_140908_07-2.jpg

Second stage at the back:

Coldplay_140908_08-2.jpg

Hope my English is understandable. :laugh3:

Thank you so much for your review!

Weird that it was so freezing cold in the area, normally it's hot as hell.

Haha at your cousin *g* Chris, yucky?

Too bad you were the only one singing, but good job for doing that alone!

Thank you so much for your review!

Weird that it was so freezing cold in the area, normally it's hot as hell.

Haha at your cousin *g* Chris, yucky?

Too bad you were the only one singing, but good job for doing that alone!

I wore a sleeveless top, because I thought it would become hot. But it only got muggier and muggier and it stayed cold!

Yeah, my cousin is a bit superficial, but hey she's 14 ... ;) And she's not used to hot, sweaty rock singers ... :laugh3: