✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Sep-2008: Colorline Arena, Hamburg - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sighting at Coldplay concert!

From: http://tokiohotelnetwork.com/sighting-at-coldplay-concert/

The stalkers are back! Now that the boys are back in Germany, it seems as though fans are stalking them again. Bill, Tom and Andreas attended a Coldplay concert together on September 14th in Hamburg, Germany and stalkers recorded them leaving the concert. It seemsa s though the boys know they’re being filmed in the video. To watch, go here or look below the break.

[ame=http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6tine_hamburg-140908_music]Dailymotion - Hamburg 14.09.08, a video from Laurettatralala. hamburg, bill, tom, andreas@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x6tine@@AMEPARAM@@x6tine[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d11pcAJYDNY]YouTube - Tokio Hotel au concert de coldplay , 14.09[/ame]

Thanks for all the reviews and nice pictures!!

I would share mine too but I cannot upload them here.. and I dont have an account at flickr or something..but there are enough pics round here ;)

It was a lovely concert (my first Coldplay gig) and I will never forget that day. It was a sad day because a friend of mine didnt come with me to the concert.. She left the city without telling me though we had an appointment.. When I asked her in the afternoon when we will meet to go to the concert she told me that she is not in hamburg anymore. I started to cry (and I still cant get trough). We know each other since april I think. And we loved the same song as the album leaked on 4 of june.. it was Strawberry Swing.. It all seemed to be perfect but now its all gone. I stood there thinking of my two lucky seats in the first row.. Will I go there alone now? It was a very sad situation. Hopefully another friend was so spontaneous to come with me. But I still cant believe what happened.

Anyway the concert was brilliant and lifted me up!

When the four.. left the stage to play the scientist and death will never conquer they past the place where I was ´sitting´ directly in front of me! I could have touched them but I didnt know that they love to be touched (like they tell in an interview..) :laugh3: and I just stood there amazed with eyes wide open :stunned:

I had to wait for this for 5 years and I really loved the atmosphere!

It was one of the best days in my life. To see Coldplay live is more than a dream I think!

I hope Coldplay come to Australia in february/march and annouce it soon!

I will be there cause maybe I make a round the world trip.. Maybe then I see them in New Yersey too! But I dont know if I m still there at this date if i start my trip.. But in Australia I would be there!! :)

Okay :)

Here I am, I am new to this forum but I love Coldplay's music for some time now, but as many people, didn't pay too much attention on the band, who they are, what they do aso.

You probably get what I mean, as it happened to some of you as well - maybe?!

I have to confess that I bite my behind, that I didn't buy more tickets for different shows such as Berlin or Munich :(

I have only been to the Hamburg show and ... holy cow ... what a concert it was!!

It was also the first time I saw the band playing live and I was a bit unsure before 'cause I have seen a footage of the BBC concert in London, and honestly saying I thought the sound and Chris voice wasn't in best form :(

So my fear was that it could be the same but I was proven wrong (and I am more than happy about that!!).

The show was absolutely amazing and now I am sitting here with extreme withdrawal symptoms and I am suffering terribly because I soooo want to see them again.

I will probably ask for spare tickets in a different topic (spare tickets for the UK leg of the tour, that is) but I came here to share some photos I have taken.

They aren't something special but a least for me an excellent reminder of this unforgetable evening :)

Here we go:

l_549ea2fce606c0109091b3740015a3ab.jpg

This was the closest my zoom lense could get to Chris Martin ;)

l_4a6a827cb1202b3aacb5f219a2f02400.jpg

What a sight!!

So back behind the arena we tried to take some pictures with the band. The security men told us that they already left to get their plane to London. We didn’t believe them… I mean Berlin followed the next day. What a waste of kerosene… Then some members of Albert’s band left the arena so I asked one of them about Coldplay. He was very friendly and said he doesn’t know but heard they already left for London. :( We waited for a very long time and it was extremely cold, until we decided to go home. Sarah, Felix and Dennis had to catch their S-Bahn to Central Hamburg. Perhaps the band was already sitting in their tour bus as the movie channel was on there.

Maybe I can lighten up this incident ...

My friend and I tried to meet the band before the concert, well, we checked some of the hotels celebs usually stay in while being in Hamburg and we were told at one hotel, that the band cancelled their booking short notice because they left Cologne right for London and would only fly in from London for the show and would leave straight afterwards.

Well, I guess it's more than obvious that spending time with their families is the most precious thing to do when being on tour for 18 months ... :confused:

Right now while touring Europe they can still do it (flying back to London, I mean) but I guess they won't when they are in the US or elsewhere because the distances are too big :(

That was probably also another reason why the concert ended quite early (if you ask me, they could have played a bit longer ...).

Hamburg airport has a night flight restriction, landings and departures are only allowed until 11 pm.

So when finishing at 10.25 pm they really had to hurry to reach the airport in time ;)

^they hardly ever play longer than 90 minutes ;) it's their usual set.

Really??! :stunned:

I don't want to be ungrateful or else but I thought that being able to choose songs from four albums would also enable them to play a longer set, especially when you see the ticket prices but I guess that's quite common to have prices like that.

But thanks for clearing that up. :)

Now I feel less sad, 'cause I honestly thought that we would get a shorter performance due to their need to catch their flight ... ;)

Wow and they really flew back to London? Weird that they didn't fly back when they had at least one day off.

I don't know for sure whether they flew to London or not.

All I know is that they were not supposed to stay overnight in Hamburg.

Maybe they also flew directly to Berlin?

Who knows for sure anyway? :confused:

But then again ... it wouldn't change anything nor would it help anyone ... ;)

I just concluded it as they only flew into Hamburg on Sunday afternoon and because the concert ended (what I thought was) quite early - just in time to reach the airport before the nightflight restriction sat in :\

• 5 months later...