✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some more of mine

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VcnzZQXJVH8]YouTube - Coldplay and Simon Pegg O2 16/12/08[/ame]

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7acffnFPOvg]YouTube - Coldplay GPASUYF/Talk O2 Arena 16/12/08[/ame]

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtrRZCUFv8]YouTube - Coldplay 42 O2 Arena 16/12/08[/ame]

you were front row ??? how lucky !!

Do you know the guy who went up on the stage and went back down to the floor.. seeing the band wasn't paying real attention to him.. ? cant believe security let him do that..

:stunned: someone went on stage?! :shocked2:

SIMON’S BLOG: Goodbye Coldplay...

After three highly enjoyable days, I have decided to leave the band Coldplay. How they do as a four piece is anyone's guess. I wish them every success and remain confident that they will get a record deal and eventually find themselves in the top twenty. Good luck boys and remember, keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars.

I am still not returning to acting and writing, having secured a position as a blacksmith in the Cotswolds. I will shoe your horses half price if you bring a copy of Shaun of the Dead to my forge (this week only, no bootlegs).

Goodbye

Sx

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=213643855&blogID=456917913

:lol: simon's great :D

3115594634_ce21778f59.jpg

ahhh how adorable.... hope some from the front will turn up :D

edit nath192 your pics are really great! post some here :D

OK, I know I'm going to sound like I'm repeating myself, but once again I'm going to have to lodge my disapproval and disappointment re: the all-seating policy at the 02 for these shows.

This time I found myself wedged between two guys who sat down virtually motionless for the entire concert, and what appeared to be a family-of-four.

At first I had one of the children directly to my left, but she was able to move to a seat directly in front of her parents, leaving me next to the grumpy "dad".

Everything was OK until I activated my glowsticks and started dancing with them, at which point he grabbed hold of my arm and indirectly threatened "aggro" if I kept waving them near him.

I didn't stop using them, but gave him as wide a berth as possible after that.

These are the kinds of d*ckheads you have to put up with when you have no choice who your "neighbours" are.

I pointed out to the guy that I couldn't move anywhere else, and believe me, I was desperate to! I also said they weren't "illegal"!:P

You have to be a very sad individual if you can get annoyed by a couple of glowsticks IMO.

He'd better not go anywhere near a pantomime with his kids then, or he'll end up having a seizure!!:dozey:

I can't believe Camille was warned not to wave her flag, too! It's ludicrous! Chris even spots the flags sometimes and comments on them!

The shine was taken off both nights at the 02 for me because of the dullards sitting around me.

If people want to have a seat and then sit motionless for the entire concert, that's their choice and they can do what they want.

However, I want to be able to choose not to sit near them, as they have a negative effect on my enjoyment.

As Camille said, Chris even commented on the lack of atmosphere a few times, so he must have noticed the difference.

So please, everybody, let's do all we can to make sure Coldplay don't ever do an all-seater concert again.

We should get a petition going, try to get a message through via Debs, make our feelings known through the Oracle etc.

What does everyone think?

There is no policy at the 02 re: standing, so this can only be down to the promoters.

Keane have "standing" areas for their shows there in February.

I was able to get a standing ticket for Cologne and had a fantastic time, which is why these shows were such an anticlimax for me.

So my overall summary is:

Meet-ups before and after the concerts: Fantastic!

02 as a venue: The best of its size I've been to, and easy to get to.

Coldplay: Excellent as always.

All-seater rock concerts: Terrible idea.

If Coldplay do all-seating again, I won't bother going unless I can guarantee being surrounded by Coldplayers.;)

Roll on Duesseldorf and Wembley, when normally service will resume!!:cool:

I had idiots more interested in going back and forth to the bar tahn watching the show about 3 down from me, of course everytime they went back and forth they had to get past me :veryangry2:

as for the seating it only for the viva tour right? so that they can get to the back to do the acoustic set , well that is what i thought as every 2003 and 2005 I was standing

I had idiots more interested in going back and forth to the bar tahn watching the show about 3 down from me, of course everytime they went back and forth they had to get past me :veryangry2:

as for the seating it only for the viva tour right? so that they can get to the back to do the acoustic set , well that is what i thought as every 2003 and 2005 I was standing

usually floor is standing and up is seated,

in most of europe it has been standing except the uk

They did an acoustic set in Germany too, and STILL had standing. So go figure....................... ;)

They did an acoustic set in Germany too, and STILL had standing. So go figure....................... ;)

oh really I just asumed it had been the same through out this whole tour, easy access what have you to the back. I personally hate seating because I find people never get into it as much, but then i've also had the trouble such as at Crystal Palace and muse at Wembley that because i'm short I have the old trouble of seeing, :rolleyes: But I'd rather have the decision.

The only time before these shows I've experienced seats on the floor at any concert was Muse in the amphitheatre in Verona. In that case everyone wanted to stand but the stewards said no until Matt basically told them where to go and that this was a rock show :laugh3:

oh really I just asumed it had been the same through out this whole tour, easy access what have you to the back. I personally hate seating because I find people never get into it as much, but then i've also had the trouble such as at Crystal Palace and muse at Wembley that because i'm short I have the old trouble of seeing, :rolleyes: But I'd rather have the decision.

Exactly. Everyone should at least have a chance of getting standing tickets.;)

Hello all, I've just registered. Coldplay were brilliant on Tuesday (but I would say that as it was the first time I've seen them live). Does anybody know who the support act was BEFORE Coldplay came on ????? Not the first act The High Wire

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all, I've just registered. Coldplay were brilliant on Tuesday (but I would say that as it was the first time I've seen them live). Does anybody know who the support act was BEFORE Coldplay came on ????? Not the first act The High Wire

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon Hopkins, who sent me to sleep.:rolleyes:

Hi, I've just got back from all day in Oxford street so I'm shattered but I wanted to say what a brilliant gig it was last night, everyone was standing and dancing in my section but it was hard to see what it was like elsewhere. I noticed how you couldn't hear much crowd singing though, maybe it was the acoustics, I was also sitting "back stage" more or less, right above ( front row of the section but about 20 feet up with a sheer drop below me and just a little barrier!) the roadies section Guy's side and behind most of the speakers. It was weird looking down at all the boxes, laptops, wires, cables, guitar cases, people under the stage etc. On of the hard hats said "help" on it!

I couldn't hear a single word Chris said, it was really muffled.. We got a brilliant view of the action behind the curtain at the start though, what the roadies get up to during the concerts etc. I was also right above the section where the boys came onto the stage and saw them coming out from the gap and up the stairs. I saw the bloke (in a red T shirt) run across the stage when they went off, he grabbed Chris who slipped away from him and then the security guy (kelly?) came out from behind the curtain to help but the bloke had run back off by then.

I also wanted to ask, if anyone got any butterflies that they could please send me, I'd be really grateful, we didn't get any in our section at all as we were too far over and I got two squashed ones outside by the tube but that was it. Please Pm me if you can. Chavi so kindly sent me some from Paris in September. It was brilliant to see "our" mobile light show on the balls during the VLV remix but no-one took up the challenge to try and do it again last night did they?

Chavi, Mark etc, after looking at your photos I'm sure I walked right past you on my way to the section I was in. I wish I'd come and said hello, I thought it might have been you. Sorry.

Ok, I haven't checked through this thread to see if this is covered, but it is 20 odd pages long so I hope people forgive me if I'm going over old ground.

I saw that the review on the front page of coldplaying.com stated that it was ludicrous that you couldn't wave flags. I'm sorry, I think that's totally correct. I'm not a boring person at gigs, I was the first to stand up in my block, sang at the top of my voice, and absolutely loved it, save for one thing. A really quite annoying girl in front of me waving her flag in my face. They genuinely ruin it for everyone behind them. You can enjoy the show the same without waving a flag saying 'viva', with the ridiculously hope Chris 'might' see it. He's 100 metres away for god's sake. Just enjoy the music. I did, and had the best gig of my life!

Again, apologies if I'm just repeating what's already been said.

Ok, I haven't checked through this thread to see if this is covered, but it is 20 odd pages long so I hope people forgive me if I'm going over old ground.

I saw that the review on the front page of coldplaying.com stated that it was ludicrous that you couldn't wave flags. I'm sorry, I think that's totally correct. I'm not a boring person at gigs, I was the first to stand up in my block, sang at the top of my voice, and absolutely loved it, save for one thing. A really quite annoying girl in front of me waving her flag in my face. They genuinely ruin it for everyone behind them. You can enjoy the show the same without waving a flag saying 'viva', with the ridiculously hope Chris 'might' see it. He's 100 metres away for god's sake. Just enjoy the music. I did, and had the best gig of my life!

Again, apologies if I'm just repeating what's already been said.

Bah, humbug!! Flags add to the atmosphere!!:dozey:

can't say i see many flags at gigs it seems to be more a festival thing but I don't think I'd have minded, some people at reading had a huge "I got ham but i'm not a hamster" flag that was massive and not on a tall poll so really did block everyones view, people soon through enough stuff at it for them to remove it :laugh3: Only time I was slightly annoyed by them was at T when I was trying to pic pics of Jared from KOL and this flag seemed to sway my way everytime, but that was only in jest, they've never so far spoiled my fun..I prefer Glow sticks personally :D

can't say i see many flags at gigs it seems to be more a festival thing but I don't think I'd have minded, some people at reading had a huge "I got ham but i'm not a hamster" flag that was massive and not on a tall poll so really did block everyones view, people soon through enough stuff at it for them to remove it :laugh3: Only time I was slightly annoyed by them was at T when I was trying to pic pics of Jared from KOL and this flag seemed to sway my way everytime, but that was only in jest, they've never so far spoiled my fun..I prefer Glow sticks personally :D

Unlike my "neighbour" at the gig............................... :dozey:

Sorry to be so late back to the thread.

It was a great night after all, after what a had been a very tiring and troublesome day for me, I even didn't think I'd make it at all at one point!!

My legs were still aching from the night before, and I didn't feel too comfortable dancing like I wanted to on the tier. It even took me a few songs to warm up to my usual standard, but I have Chavi to thank for that :) Her energy and passion inspired me, and took me where I needed to be, and I think we had a rather good dance and singalong from that point onwards :P

Thanks so much Chavi, it was an absolute pleasure to spend the evening with you, and so glad you got back safe and sound. And we never even got our photo together (booooo!!) but at least we have one from the night before. And please keep teddy secret from my sister and her partner just for now, and until I can get Kels over here and get that damn ring on her finger :P:sneaky:

So sorry you guys had restrictions in your seats... in the US, we had all seats, but when the show started everyone stood up and went crazy... forget all about the seats and we had signs all about waving. I guess it's different in the UK. Well, I know the stadium will have no restrictions .... right?!?!