✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

Sorry to be so late back to the thread.

It was a great night after all, after what a had been a very tiring and troublesome day for me, I even didn't think I'd make it at all at one point!!

My legs were still aching from the night before, and I didn't feel too comfortable dancing like I wanted to on the tier. It even took me a few songs to warm up to my usual standard, but I have Chavi to thank for that :) Her energy and passion inspired me, and took me where I needed to be, and I think we had a rather good dance and singalong from that point onwards :P

Thanks so much Chavi, it was an absolute pleasure to spend the evening with you, and so glad you got back safe and sound. And we never even got our photo together (booooo!!) but at least we have one from the night before. And please keep teddy secret from my sister and her partner just for now, and until I can get Kels over here and get that damn ring on her finger :P:sneaky:

Aww, I`m on my way, Kimchi dear!:smug: :kiss:

:thinking:that "damn ring " ought to be "that damn ROCK of a ring" for me having to miss these concerts:P

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started uploading my vids on youtube!

IN MY PLACE (the sound is good)

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mzdLr6LmmGM]YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place - Live At The O2 Arena 16th December 08[/ame]

i have more if anyone wants to see them...

remember to watch in HQ!

DC X

Nice to see an addition to the set with Jingle Bells, although surely they could have fitted Death Will Never Conquer in as well (it's only 1min30secs long)

I see this standing thing has been raised again. As I've mentioned before I'll stand if others are, but if everyone remains seated then so shall I - I'm not going to ruin the view for everyone else by standing up. I (and the vast majority) have come for the music and to see the band perform it, which can be done either standing or seated. In Manchester, for example, Chris requested we stand up so it seems fair enough to stand.

People have been grumbling about waving of flags. To be honest, I'm glad they aren't allowed as it just blocks everyone's view and you can't possibly see round them. There is nothing worse than having a stupid flag in your way. At least with a person you can move your head around. Tiered seating in particular is better because there is around a foot between each level so you can see above the person in front.

I think people are forgetting Coldplay are a soft rock band. Most people find them rather slow and unenergetic (at least until they've seen them live) and even still I'd find it hard to do any dancing to most of the songs. They are hardly the Kaiser Chiefs or The Killers, so I don't think people expect others to be up dancing, hence the all seated.

There can be a great atmosphere with singing, clapping, cheering etc. without the need for ruining things for others.

With all due respect, what you've said is complete rubbish. You've obviously never been in a "standing" area at one of their concerts, otherwise you would have been able to tell the difference.;)

This is all about choice, and the atmosphere was nowhere near as good. Even Chris noticed, judging by some of his comments on the night.:dozey:

I had two lemons sitting next to me who didn't move a muscle all night, and another guy the other side who had a glowstick phobia!!:angry:

The upcoming stadium gigs are going to be ten times better.:smug:

Nice to see an addition to the set with Jingle Bells, although surely they could have fitted Death Will Never Conquer in as well (it's only 1min30secs long)

I see this standing thing has been raised again. As I've mentioned before I'll stand if others are, but if everyone remains seated then so shall I - I'm not going to ruin the view for everyone else by standing up. I (and the vast majority) have come for the music and to see the band perform it, which can be done either standing or seated. In Manchester, for example, Chris requested we stand up so it seems fair enough to stand.

People have been grumbling about waving of flags. To be honest, I'm glad they aren't allowed as it just blocks everyone's view and you can't possibly see round them. There is nothing worse than having a stupid flag in your way. At least with a person you can move your head around. Tiered seating in particular is better because there is around a foot between each level so you can see above the person in front.

I think people are forgetting Coldplay are a soft rock band. Most people find them rather slow and unenergetic (at least until they've seen them live) and even still I'd find it hard to do any dancing to most of the songs. They are hardly the Kaiser Chiefs or The Killers, so I don't think people expect others to be up dancing, hence the all seated.

There can be a great atmosphere with singing, clapping, cheering etc. without the need for ruining things for others.

I have to agree completely with you Mark, the seating has been a completely stupid idea.

On both occasions I saw the band this UK leg, it's been a bit marred by the people I've been sitting around. I got a filthy look from a woman one but next to me when I jumped up and down during Politik. but when the butterflies started falling she rubbed her hands with glee and told the man next to her she was taking as many as she could. People all around me looked like they couldn't give a toss that they were there, and it disappointed me so much. I knew that people like Mariana in Sheffield was sitting at the back of the arena and she would have appreciated the seat next to me so much more than this stupid woman.

Im so glad that Wembley is standing, it will be amazing.

I have to agree completely with you Mark, the seating has been a completely stupid idea.

On both occasions I saw the band this UK leg, it's been a bit marred by the people I've been sitting around. I got a filthy look from a woman one but next to me when I jumped up and down during Politik. but when the butterflies started falling she rubbed her hands with glee and told the man next to her she was taking as many as she could.

On Sunday night I had a guy to my right who didn't even know who Will was and who told me he hadn't listened to VLV even though he had a copy of it at home.:dozey:

To my left I had a couple who seemed far more interested in each other than the concert itself.:dozey:

Then of course there were all those people who kept running out for refreshments in the middle of songs, and the ones who left before the encore "just to beat the rush".

Then on Tuesday there were the two "lemons" and the guy (with his wife and kids) who virtually threatened me for waving a couple of glowsticks!:stunned:

People all around me looked like they couldn't give a toss that they were there, and it disappointed me so much. I knew that people like Mariana in Sheffield was sitting at the back of the arena and she would have appreciated the seat next to me so much more than this stupid woman.

Any real fan would have. I would undoubtedly have had a much better time if I had been able to sit with Chavi, Camille and Frank, too. Still wouldn't have been as good as standing, but an improvement nevertheless.

Im so glad that Wembley is standing, it will be amazing.

It will be, as will all the other stadium gigs worldwide, I'm sure!;)

With all due respect, what you've said is complete rubbish. You've obviously never been in a "standing" area at one of their concerts, otherwise you would have been able to tell the difference.;)

This is all about choice, and the atmosphere was nowhere near as good. Even Chris noticed, judging by some of his comments on the night.:dozey:

I had two lemons sitting next to me who didn't move a muscle all night, and another guy the other side who had a glowstick phobia!!:angry:

The upcoming stadium gigs are going to be ten times better.:smug:

Fair enough we're all entitled to our opinion!

True I've never stood up at a Coldplay concert before because I've only had the opportunity to go to the Sheffield and Manchester shows this time round. However, I would never dream of choosing standing anyway (unless it is standing only) because I'm too short to see anything.

As I say I think you can have a great time and make a right atmosphere sat down watching the show, singing and clapping along. However I will admit that loads of people sat around me were literally just sat there, doing nothing and seemed surprised/unsure of some of the songs - Green Eyes, Politik, Death Will Never Conquer, The Hardest Part - which is bound to make a poor atmosphere as Chris has frequently picked up on.

Fair enough we're all entitled to our opinion!

True I've never stood up at a Coldplay concert before because I've only had the opportunity to go to the Sheffield and Manchester shows this time round. However, I would never dream of choosing standing anyway (unless it is standing only) because I'm too short to see anything.

That's why there should always be a choice, as there is at the Keane concerts at the 02 in Feb.

You can't argue that Keane have a "harder" sound than Coldplay, now, can you?;)

As I say I think you can have a great time and make a right atmosphere sat down watching the show, singing and clapping along.

I'm sorry, but that's nowhere near as good. It's the same at football matches, where the atmosphere is a pale shadow of what it used to be.:(

However I will admit that loads of people sat around me were literally just sat there, doing nothing and seemed surprised/unsure of some of the songs - Green Eyes, Politik, Death Will Never Conquer, The Hardest Part - which is bound to make a poor atmosphere as Chris has frequently picked up on.

Well I hope the band have taken note of this for future reference.;)

That's why there should always be a choice, as there is at the Keane concerts at the 02 in Feb.

I think that's fair enough. Looking back I've interpreted your posts as being in the tiered seating not floor seating. I'd have been surprised if floor seating actually remained seated given that it was quite a lively set and Chris was encouraging people right from the start to stand up, sing-a-long, clap and cheer. From what I could see from the shows all the floor seated stood up as did the 100 hundred blocks with half of the 200s.

Well I hope the band have taken note of this for future reference.;)

I'll be damned if they remove Politik from the set! That was my favourite song of the set and sent shivers right the way through me. It was worth the ticket price alone.

I think that's fair enough. Looking back I've interpreted your posts as being in the tiered seating not floor seating. I'd have been surprised if floor seating actually remained seated given that it was quite a lively set and Chris was encouraging people right from the start to stand up, sing-a-long, clap and cheer. From what I could see from the shows all the floor seated stood up as did the 100 hundred blocks with half of the 200s.

I was in Block 114 on Sunday and Block 108 on Tuesday.;)

I'll be damned if they remove Politik from the set! That was my favourite song of the set and sent shivers right the way through me. It was worth the ticket price alone.

I meant take note about the atmosphere not being as good without standing.

Politik is one of my live faves too, which made it all the more disappointing that I couldn't enjoy it as much as usual.;)

For me... Politik is the ULTIMATE live song. I don't think there's any other song with the same impact as it has on me when performed live.

For me... Politik is the ULTIMATE live song. I don't think there's any other song with the same impact as it has on me when performed live.

Yup - it's definitely one of the best, along with "In My Place", "Don't Panic" (I hope they bring that back soon), "Clocks" and now "Lovers In Japan".;)

Hopefully this will be a less controversial answer!

What do you mean, exactly?:confused:

There are major and minor keys which music can be written in. Put simply, major are happy sounding, minor are sad sounding.

Off the top of my head Life In Technicolor is in A Major whilst Politik is in F Minor. As an aside, the piano tune played after Politik on this tour (Gnossienne No1) is also in the same key as Politik and that's why they both fit together.

Hopefully this will be a less controversial answer!

There are major and minor keys which music can be written in. Put simply, major are happy sounding, minor are sad sounding.

Off the top of my head Life In Technicolor is in A Major whilst Politik is in F Minor. As an aside, the piano tune played after Politik on this tour (Gnossienne No1) is also in the same key as Politik and that's why they both fit together.

And my other favourite song is AROBTTH... which is in A minor :rolleyes:

Ok, I haven't checked through this thread to see if this is covered, but it is 20 odd pages long so I hope people forgive me if I'm going over old ground.

I saw that the review on the front page of coldplaying.com stated that it was ludicrous that you couldn't wave flags. I'm sorry, I think that's totally correct. I'm not a boring person at gigs, I was the first to stand up in my block, sang at the top of my voice, and absolutely loved it, save for one thing. A really quite annoying girl in front of me waving her flag in my face. They genuinely ruin it for everyone behind them. You can enjoy the show the same without waving a flag saying 'viva', with the ridiculously hope Chris 'might' see it. He's 100 metres away for god's sake. Just enjoy the music. I did, and had the best gig of my life!

Again, apologies if I'm just repeating what's already been said.

Was that about me ôO ?

Though I guess if someone had been disturbed (between the songs, cause I wasn't waving mine while the band was performing) he would have asked me (politely or not) to stop that...

Anyway, love Mark's determination to defend the flags holder. I wish you were seated next to me, we would have had so much fun ! (hopefully February will be there very soon WOOOO - that's a Spiralling ''WOOOO'' of course)

Was that about me ôO ?

Though I guess if someone had been disturbed (between the songs, cause I wasn't waving mine while the band was performing) he would have asked me (politely or not) to stop that...

Anyway, love Mark's determination to defend the flags holder. I wish you were seated next to me, we would have had so much fun ! (hopefully February will be there very soon WOOOO - that's a Spiralling ''WOOOO'' of course)

I'm looking forward to it even more now!:D

So will you have a flag with "Perfect Symmetry" or "Wooooooooooooooo" written on it??:P

ahah I really don't know, considering I'm not (yet) a Keane FAN, but a ''WOOO'' flag could be great !!! Though there's no french flag on Keane's cover... Maybe a french flag with the french lyrics of Black Burning Heart (which I'd like him to sing as he did in Paris)... have time to think about it hehe

ahah I really don't know, considering I'm not (yet) a Keane FAN, but a ''WOOO'' flag could be great !!! Though there's no french flag on Keane's cover... Maybe a french flag with the french lyrics of Black Burning Heart (which I'd like him to sing as he did in Paris)... have time to think about it hehe

What about "Wooooooooooooo La La!!"??:P

YELLOW

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E3i485VkHQo&feature=channel]YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow - Live At The O2 Arena 16th December 08[/ame]

FIX YOU

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uJITJ0NYNpA&feature=channel]YouTube - Coldplay - Fix You - Live At The O2 Arena 16th December 08[/ame]