16-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can see, I really "had a ball" last night!!:D

2mnke46.jpg

wow! There were a few people that got one of those "yellow" balloons on the tube on the way out! Nice work!

Was good to meet up with you all before the gig as well - did you enjoy it as much as we did?

Sorry we didn't catch up for the post match analysis but we were grabbing a lift with our friends :)

wow! There were a few people that got one of those "yellow" balloons on the tube on the way out! Nice work!

Well actually, I didn't manage to acquire one myself. One of the TfL guys had found one in the car park and was holding onto it "for his girlfriend".

Loads of people had asked him if they could take it off his hands, apparently.

I was satisfied to be able to have my photo taken with it. It would only have ended up as clutter at my parents' house, anyway.

Was good to meet up with you all before the gig as well - did you enjoy it as much as we did?

Sorry we didn't catch up for the post match analysis but we were grabbing a lift with our friends :)

That's fine. I didn't stick around long myself. Just waited for the crowd to disperse.;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBOB95MmudM]YouTube - Coldplay - The scientist + Life in technicolor ii @ O2 Arena 16/12/08[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3YTD4ms-7s&feature=channel]YouTube - Coldplay - Death and all his friends @ O2 Arena 16/12/08[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDptpLSCSn8&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Coldplay crowd noise competition O2 Arena London 16/12/08[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTIVgXSF-U&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Coldplay Viva La Vida O2 Arena London 16/12/08[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F_6c9cQlfw&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Coldplay Yellow O2 Arena London 16/12/08[/ame]

SIMON’S BLOG: Goodbye Coldplay...

After three highly enjoyable days, I have decided to leave the band Coldplay. How they do as a four piece is anyone's guess. I wish them every success and remain confident that they will get a record deal and eventually find themselves in the top twenty. Good luck boys and remember, keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars.

I am still not returning to acting and writing, having secured a position as a blacksmith in the Cotswolds. I will shoe your horses half price if you bring a copy of Shaun of the Dead to my forge (this week only, no bootlegs).

Goodbye

Sx

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=213643855&blogID=456917913

SIMON’S BLOG: Goodbye Coldplay...

After three highly enjoyable days, I have decided to leave the band Coldplay. How they do as a four piece is anyone's guess. I wish them every success and remain confident that they will get a record deal and eventually find themselves in the top twenty. Good luck boys and remember, keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars.

I am still not returning to acting and writing, having secured a position as a blacksmith in the Cotswolds. I will shoe your horses half price if you bring a copy of Shaun of the Dead to my forge (this week only, no bootlegs).

Goodbye

Sx

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=213643855&blogID=456917913

:lol:

Gotta love Simon!

OK, I know I'm going to sound like I'm repeating myself, but once again I'm going to have to lodge my disapproval and disappointment re: the all-seating policy at the 02 for these shows.

This time I found myself wedged between two guys who sat down virtually motionless for the entire concert, and what appeared to be a family-of-four.

At first I had one of the children directly to my left, but she was able to move to a seat directly in front of her parents, leaving me next to the grumpy "dad".

Everything was OK until I activated my glowsticks and started dancing with them, at which point he grabbed hold of my arm and indirectly threatened "aggro" if I kept waving them near him.

I didn't stop using them, but gave him as wide a berth as possible after that.

These are the kinds of d*ckheads you have to put up with when you have no choice who your "neighbours" are.

I pointed out to the guy that I couldn't move anywhere else, and believe me, I was desperate to! I also said they weren't "illegal"!:P

You have to be a very sad individual if you can get annoyed by a couple of glowsticks IMO.

He'd better not go anywhere near a pantomime with his kids then, or he'll end up having a seizure!!:dozey:

I can't believe Camille was warned not to wave her flag, too! It's ludicrous! Chris even spots the flags sometimes and comments on them!

The shine was taken off both nights at the 02 for me because of the dullards sitting around me.

If people want to have a seat and then sit motionless for the entire concert, that's their choice and they can do what they want.

However, I want to be able to choose not to sit near them, as they have a negative effect on my enjoyment.

As Camille said, Chris even commented on the lack of atmosphere a few times, so he must have noticed the difference.

So please, everybody, let's do all we can to make sure Coldplay don't ever do an all-seater concert again.

We should get a petition going, try to get a message through via Debs, make our feelings known through the Oracle etc.

What does everyone think?

There is no policy at the 02 re: standing, so this can only be down to the promoters.

Keane have "standing" areas for their shows there in February.

I was able to get a standing ticket for Cologne and had a fantastic time, which is why these shows were such an anticlimax for me.

So my overall summary is:

Meet-ups before and after the concerts: Fantastic!

02 as a venue: The best of its size I've been to, and easy to get to.

Coldplay: Excellent as always.

All-seater rock concerts: Terrible idea.

If Coldplay do all-seating again, I won't bother going unless I can guarantee being surrounded by Coldplayers.;)

Roll on Duesseldorf and Wembley, when normally service will resume!!:cool:

OK, I know I'm going to sound like I'm repeating myself, but once again I'm going to have to lodge my disapproval and disappointment re: the all-seating policy at the 02 for these shows.

This time I found myself wedged between two guys who sat down virtually motionless for the entire concert, and what appeared to be a family-of-four.

At first I had one of the children directly to my left, but she was able to move to a seat directly in front of her parents, leaving me next to the grumpy "dad".

Everything was OK until I activated my glowsticks and started dancing with them, at which point he grabbed hold of my arm and indirectly threatened "aggro" if I kept waving them near him.

I didn't stop using them, but gave him as wide a berth as possible after that.

These are the kinds of d*ckheads you have to put up with when you have no choice who your "neighbours" are.

I pointed out to the guy that I couldn't move anywhere else, and believe me, I was desperate to! I also said they weren't "illegal"!:P

You have to be a very sad individual if you can get annoyed by a couple of glowsticks IMO.

He'd better not go anywhere near a pantomime with his kids then, or he'll end up having a seizure!!:dozey:

I can't believe Camille was warned not to wave her flag, too! It's ludicrous! Chris even spots the flags sometimes and comments on them!

The shine was taken off both nights at the 02 for me because of the dullards sitting around me.

If people want to have a seat and then sit motionless for the entire concert, that's their choice and they can do what they want.

However, I want to be able to choose not to sit near them, as they have a negative effect on my enjoyment.

As Camille said, Chris even commented on the lack of atmosphere a few times, so he must have noticed the difference.

So please, everybody, let's do all we can to make sure Coldplay don't ever do an all-seater concert again.

We should get a petition going, try to get a message through via Debs, make our feelings known through the Oracle etc.

What does everyone think?

There is no policy at the 02 re: standing, so this can only be down to the promoters.

Keane have "standing" areas for their shows there in February.

I was able to get a standing ticket for Cologne and had a fantastic time, which is why these shows were such an anticlimax for me.

So my overall summary is:

Meet-ups before and after the concerts: Fantastic!

02 as a venue: The best of its size I've been to, and easy to get to.

Coldplay: Excellent as always.

All-seater rock concerts: Terrible idea.

If Coldplay do all-seating again, I won't bother going unless I can guarantee being surrounded by Coldplayers.;)

Roll on Duesseldorf and Wembley, when normally service will resume!!:cool:

Agreed... although I have seated tickets for 2 Sydney shows :uhoh: But luckily I have standing for the other 2.

See you at Wembley :cool: