✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Death and all his friends/The Escapist (song ) review

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I've been going back and forth trying to settle on one, just one favorite from this album and I'm leaning towards Death and All his friends ( for all the reasons mentioned in the pages ahead of my post)

my only complaint? It's too short. It hooked me and while I like the transition into The Escapist, I'd love the song to make a swing back into the slower, piano based beginning....then if they want to segway to The Escapist, then great.

Well...

leaked versions are not trustworthy your all better off buying the Cd which is now releaed and to be released june17 worldwide

Definetely, just 12 hours for me to get the album and hear it for the first time (whooo).

just got the cd today in the mail (a day early!)

and first i must say, this is by leaps and bounds their best album instrumentally and musically. its absolutely beautiful. its daring and everything works. the music alone is ... just extraordinary. im excited to listen another 1,000 times and learn the lyrics to the music.

but this song was moving from the second it started. this was my favorite song through my first listen. touching and beautiful, and...somehow upbeat and extraodinary. i dunno how they do it

the male chorus on DAAHF is the best piece of music ever heard from coldplay!!!!!!!

Yep, it sure is.I can't seem to stop playing it on repeat :inquisitive:

I just keep going for walks to listen to the album while watching the world go by.... :D

amazin'

Really emotional song... :) I love the way that Death And All His Friends (the song) ends and then The Escapist comes on, its a perfect way to round of the album.

I have to admit, I was listening to the whole album late last night, and when it got the The Escapist, I felt really emotional; and I'm the kind of person that's really hard to move like that!!

I feel the same way as everyone else thats posted here about this song so there is no use repeating it. :P

The choir just gives it another dimension especially when theyre humming just before the 'no i dont wanna ... follow death and al of his friends" part.

Is it just me or are the title tracks the stand outs on this album?

yep...couldn't agree with you more.....far and away the best song on the album

I'm somehow not feeling this song. It's okay I guess, but I think it meanders around aimlessly at times. It sounds like something a band would put together in a closing jam session, where they brought up a few of their other favorite musicians to joing them on stage. It just doesn't flow to me... I don't think it's unlistenable, just not something I would go out of my way to listen to. I think it's easily the weakest song on the album and doesn't conclude it the way I think it deserves.