✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone only like certain parts of 42?

letdown

I like all the parts!

it's like a story - first of all there is a quiet piano (symbols death=silent)

on the second part it goes wild because the "dead people" are living in his head so it sound really live and loud

and the last part is a closing part of the song

i like the arrangment of the song so that i can understand the lyrics

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really really like the first part and I don´t mind the lyrics either....the radioesque mid part is not really my fav bit but it does not last long enough to bother cuz then the third part kicks in and it is quite pleasant. I also do like this song because it is weird and different, however, like other songs on the album, it gives me the feeling of being a collection of tasters/samples rather than a fully developed song. Whether that was the intention or whether it´s just an impression I have I don´t know but it DOES make for a different listening...

it's almost painful for me to listen to the part when chris sings

You thought you might be a ghost

You didn’t get to heaven but you made it close

Ahhh this part is so frightfully horrible it makes me cry inside because it could have been a simple, lovely song. The Radiohead-esque middle part sounds too Radiohead-esque but it does not bother me as much as the 3rd part. After I listen to the first part I have to FF it or else I die a little

I think it is very good but not the best song on the album (that is either Yes or Viva La Vida) but I love the bit at the end where he says

but everyone has their own opinions! :)

Will's drumming in the "You thought you might be a ghost.." bit (or 3:10 to 3:23) reminds me a lot of "Barely Legal" by the Strokes.

it's almost the same thing haha

I think that ghost bit excellent though. It's perfectly catchy and melodic, very energetic,

especially when the guitar comes in and echoes Chris' singing at 3:10

it's perfect. hardly anything wrong with it.

This is my favorite song on the album -- honestly.

It's been stuck in my head for two days now.

The lyrics at the beginning are so insanely strange that I'm a fan!

"Those who are dead are not dead, but just living in my head."

WTF is wrong with people:stunned:. I love this freakin song. Viva la Vida is still probably my favorite song overall, but I really love "42". The transition is awesome in my opinion and gets me hyped like hell:D, im shakin my head and tappin my feet and stuff. And ohh, " You thought cha might be a ghooost, you thought cha might be a ghoooost, you didn't get to heaven but cha made it close, you didn't get to heaven but cha made it close." I absolutely love that part, and I'm always singin it, and the guitar solo rocks like hell as well. The song ends quite nice and peacefully. 10/10...:)

The first and third "parts," and especially the ending, are the best bits; the middle is a bit too much like Radiohead for me, but it works, and since it's only for part of the song I don't mind it.

Also, tauiwi...intentional or not, your avatar is hilarious. :P

I've only heard this song once, but the first part hit me like a brick. Even with kind of weird lyrics, that part is just gorgeous.

I'm not sure whether I dug the second part or not. I was expecting something rockier, and it went on a little too long for a first listen, but I'm sure it'll grow on me. As for the third part,

I do wish the lyrics more befit the song. Like "You thought you might be a ghost, you didn't get to heaven but you made it close"...that seems like a deadly powerful line, but the way it comes out in the song its catchy.
describes my feelings exactly. But I still liked it. And the coda with a variation on the opening is amazing too.

P.S. I only felt like there were two parts, personally. The second and third match so well that I lumped them together.