✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Nov-2008: Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix, AZ - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

I am so excited! I won Front Row Floor seats from Mix 969 (local radio station)!!!!! I can't believe it...I'm still in shock. This is so amazing.

Now I just hope they play some of the PM songs!

OH MY GOSH! You are so lucky!!! HOw much effort did it take for you to win those? No matter how hard I try I know something like this would never happen to me *sigh* :dozey:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never can get in on my cell phone, but this time I called from my work phone (landline) and got in 3 times! The last time I won! So...if you are going to try to win a call in contest...use a real phone I guess. I can't image how amazing front row is going to be. Now if I can only meet the band my life will be complete lol :)

Hello guys, im new to the forum. anyways.

well i am going to glendale from el paso texas to see the show and i have extra tickets. i have 1 extra for section 109 row h and one for section 101 row g. if anybody is interested please message me or something. i have these extra because some friends decided to tag along and i had to change my seats.

also i will be volunteering for oxfam america during that show and i was selected as lead volunteer for this show, there are still 6 spots available, if anyone is interested email me at [email protected]

. hope to see you there.

[Phoenix Preview] A look at Coldplay

Sound: Pop-tinged rock with a cerebral spin.

Claim to fame: Frontman Chris Martin grabbed the rock world's attention with his upbeat lyrics and stage presence. Banging on his upright piano and singing such anthems as Yellow, he quickly made Britain's Coldplay as big a concert draw as U2. Martin since has married actress Gwyneth Paltrow, raising his profile higher as his group has become one of the acts that the recording industry now counts on for survival.

Latest effort: For this year's Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, Coldplay brought adventurous electronic producer Brian Eno on board, and the result is a stunning expansion of the British band's sonic landscape. Strings, bells, congas, churchlike organ, guitar passages that barely sound like guitar, a piano made to mimic a harpsichord, synthesizers - all of these sounds fade in and out of the songs, many of which have multiple movements and changes in rhythm.

If one song would make you love this act it would be: Released in 2002, Clocks dominated the airwaves and became Coldplay's most hummable song. The crisply-played anthem, with its wistful chorus, appealed to everyone from hard-core fans to middle-of-the-road listeners.

Trivia: Tim Rice-Oxley of Keane helped name Coldplay, according to Virgin Media. Rice-Oxley met Martin at University College London and the pair bonded over music. Rice-Oxley had considered naming his band Coldplay but decided it was too "depressing." Martin, however, liked the name.

For fans of: Oasis, Radiohead, the Beatles.

Details: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 26. Jobing.com Arena, Loop 101 and Glendale Avenue. $44.30-$92.30. 623-772-3800, jobingarena.com.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/music/articles/2008/11/23/20081123coldplay.html

Hi!

Well I just bought a new pocket sized camcorder. It looks like a digital camera, so I'm hoping security wont notice me taping a lot. I'm also going to try to post setlist updates from my iPhone. I'm going to the venue early to camp out with my signs by the loading dock in hopes to get lucky and meet them! Rain is forcasted (In the desert...i know..what are the odds!)...but I'm hoping it won't matter. I'm in the front row so I'm hoping the videos are good! :) And I'm hoping they play some PM songs because it's the last USA date this year!

Yeah, the arena is about 15 miles from downtown Phoenix. It won't be too much trouble getting there. You can't really miss it with the University of Phoenix stadium right next to it.

Good luck getting the camcorder in! Hopefully security won't be tight.

I'm also hoping to get to the venue a bit early to grab a bite to eat at Westgate before the arena opens and everyone gets there. I'll probably wait a bit after the show and see if I can catch a glimpse of the band!

Hi!

Well I just bought a new pocket sized camcorder. It looks like a digital camera, so I'm hoping security wont notice me taping a lot. I'm also going to try to post setlist updates from my iPhone. I'm going to the venue early to camp out with my signs by the loading dock in hopes to get lucky and meet them! Rain is forcasted (In the desert...i know..what are the odds!)...but I'm hoping it won't matter. I'm in the front row so I'm hoping the videos are good! :) And I'm hoping they play some PM songs because it's the last USA date this year!

What time are you camping out? I have a sign too and I'd like to try and at least get a glimpse of them as they're driving in, so I'll join you if you like.

I saw that forcast of rain too. Imagine...a rainy day in Arizona???:stunned:

Might be a good sign:thinking:

Hey!

I'll be there. Coming from Albuquerque. I've got floor seats...anyone from PHX know how good a seat is triple A row 21? and row 38...how far from the stage?

Also, since we will be there on Thursday...where is there a good place to eat on Thanksgiving? What will be open? Thanks for any info you might have!

Yes, I am excited for the last Coldplay show in the US!

Yeshe

i will also be volunteering for oxfam. lets see how that goes.

i cant wait i am very excited my plane leaves in 2 hours for phoenix.

ill post pictures and videos on thursday.

cant wait wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

peace and love:D:lol::smug:;):rolleyes::):dozey: