✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-Nov-2008: Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix, AZ - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last us tour date

I'm listening to the live Philly concert .... and I reached DAAHF... which is probably what they're playing right now in Phoenix, the concert i almost went to but didn't have enough money to pay for a flight/hotel/etc... :(

THIS IS THEIR LAST US TOUR DATE!!! :bigcry:

Ugh!!!! THEY MUST COME BACK TO AMERICA in 2009!!! :bigcry: :bigcry:

UK peeps don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I'm sure Chris and Gwyneth will since she's American. Probably go to her mum's in Cali.

I remember Gwyneth saying that every year for thanksgiving, she goes to Steven Spielberg's house because he is her godfather and it's a tradition.

Just got back and it was amazing as usual. SAME SETLIST. NO NEW SONGS...but do I Have a story for you all!

I made a sign that said "Play Life in Technicolor ii or Glass of Water."

I was in the second row right next to the ramp of love, and I held up the sign right after the first encore (after DAAHF). Chris saw my sign, walked to the edge of the stage towards me and we had a mini conversation! He gave me the maybe hand sign, and strummed his hand like a guitar...like he didn't have the right guitar to play it...when all 4 band members were bowing, Chris pointed my sign out and they gave my a thumbs up!

Well...they came out for yellow but they didn't play LITii or GOW :( BUT, after Chris came over to me again and pointed at me, tore off Johnny's setlist from the ground and threw it towards me!!!! But, it hit the security guard and he gave it to the snotty B$it$H shitting next to me! And she wouldn't give it to me!!! By that time, Chris was gone and they boys had left. It makes me so made because she didn't even sing during the show and probably didn't even know half of the songs... and she KNEW that Chris was trying to give it to me. Some people...she has thebbad karma now!

But the fact that Chris and the whole band acknowledge me and my sign is so amazing!!! and he came over and tried to give me a setlist himself!!!! I'm so pumped up right now. I was really hoping that they'd play a new song for the last US stop this year. But, at least I got their attention :)

I will post some pics/vids tomorrow...I'm still in disbelief that all this happened!

Chris is tired y'all

But first setlist:

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version) B Stage

Talk (techno version) B Stage

The Hardest Part (just Chris and his piano:heart:)B Stage

Postcards From Far Away (instrumental piano) B Stage

Viva La Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (acoustic) in the crowd

Death Will Never Conquer (featuring the lovely Will Champion)in the crowd

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

Yellow (Encore)

The Escapist (outro)

Just got back to my hotel room and WOWWWWWW, the people in my section were great, dancing and singing even a mentally and physically handicapped boy with a cane, he waved it above his head as we all sang and clapped:D

I almost wet myself during In my Place, Jonny was sooooo close to the stage as I was filming:bomb:Oh shit I love them somuch I want to see them again now!!!! And yes coldplaybirdsfly Ihopethey come back to US in 2009.

Well, you could tell they were tired, bless their hearts, especailly Chris, he wasn't his normal witty and chatty self. I didn't check the Anaheim thread from Tuesday, sO I don't know if his demeanor was the same then or not, but you could tell something wasn't quite 100% with him.

Especailly when he introduced Will for DWNC, he just simply said:"Here's our drummer Will:\, no clever intro this time, I don't know maybe he was not in the best mood or I'm just reading too much into it. But he was still animated and dancing around throughout. The crowd may have also added to the mood, the audience as a whole was a little mellow I noticed.

I still had the best time, I love these guys so much, and how beautiful is The Hardest Part with just Chris and his piano?

knectthedots that was you???:D I was wondering what Chris was saying. Did you notice he seemed tired or just a bit off emotionally?

Oh and they ran right past me when they were headed to the crowd to sing the Scientist and DWNC. And I grabbed Chris' arm and hand, and felt his sweat and his hair and his bracelets, jesus I didn't want to let go:bigcry:

I have it on film and I'll try and upload it tonight. I took a lot of videos that were ruined because people kept blocking my view:angry:

Yep that was me! I really thought they were going to play it... :( I'm just so mad at that woman...she KNEW he was trying to give it to me.

I also tried waiting outside the venue before with signs for when they drove up...the security guard told me that they weren't there and to wait in a certain area that they'd drive by. I waited for 3 hours before another person told me that the band was already there and in soundcheck!

It's still crazy how Chris reacted to my sign so positively! I agree that he was tired. THere were some parts of songs where I think he usually holds longer notes and tonight he didn't. He was still amazing though.

I hope they start playing LITii! :)

I was so pissed at the 10 or so guys sitting next to me in rows 2-3 that sat through half the concert! Such a shame...

I came to phoenix from el paso Texas with some friends and the concert was great. We are in the phoenix air port waitin for twelve hours because we don't have money for a hotel but it was worth it. Do you think we will see the guys here at the air port?

I came to phoenix from el paso Texas with some friends and the concert was great. We are in the phoenix air port waitin for twelve hours because we don't have money for a hotel but it was worth it. Do you think we will see the guys here at the air port?

No, sorry. They are already in LA.

I saw the yellow poster, as Chris did point it out at the end. This was my second concert of the tour. I came from Los Angeles. This was supposed to be paired with the Vegas concert, but everyone knows what happened. I'm not as mad as others, cause it means another vacation for me and my girlfriend.

The Lovers in Japan and Death to all His Friends ending really is perfect. We felt good enough to leave early, thinking didn't we hear Yellow already? Now, I realized that there was a second encore we missed. Bummer!

We had floor tickets, but we ended sitting in the handicap section since it was better.

Did everyone think this being the last show was better than the first few shows. Of course, practice makes perfect.

I bet they have a private flight to LA tonight, and if you wait, they'll probably be at Santa Monica Airport.

The way they set up their tour; they probably stay at the larger cities and fly out. Being from LA, I obviously believe the world revolves around LA. But, in all seriousness, Chris has family there. Why wouldn't he not be there?

Who was that Hamilton guy? Info please.

The way they set up their tour; they probably stay at the larger cities and fly out. Being from LA, I obviously believe the world revolves around LA. But, in all seriousness, Chris has family there. Why wouldn't he not be there?

Who was that Hamilton guy? Info please.

I didn't know he had family here...hahah just assumed they were all in London or something.

THat's so awesome, knowing he's in the same city as me.