✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

General Chat: Setlist

winigwl

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... its like a dream of mine for Chris to look down at me from the stage and ask "what do you want to hear?"

the POWER that person mustve felt!!!

but i wouldntve said amsterdam. i wouldve asked for something ive never heard em do live before... like murder or something :D

• 3 weeks later...

"Fix You" (Live) is missing something

Firstly, the song is amazing.

But, performed live, and regardless of where it's performed (having watched vids from all over the world), it's missing something. It's either the guitar at the peak of the song, or the lack of pronounced piano (I'm not referring to the organ).

It might be that the guitar is too, I don't know how to describe it...

Listening to it now, I think it could definitely use the loud, pronouned, regular piano from the CD.

It's just missing the power of CD version at that key moment.

Anyone agree?

Firstly, the song is amazing.

But, performed live, and regardless of where it's performed (having watched vids from all over the world), it's missing something. It's either the guitar at the peak of the song, or the lack of pronounced piano (I'm not referring to the organ).

It might be that the guitar is too, I don't know how to describe it...

Listening to it now, I think it could definitely use the loud, pronouned, regular piano from the CD.

It's just missing the power of CD version at that key moment.

Anyone agree?

Definitely needs the pronounced, regular piano chords. Where the fireworks would be, the piano would have to kick in a la CD version. The bass and drums could also be less loud... sorry to be critical, just, as a fan, this is what I think would reach the song's potential.

1. Piano, in addition to organ

2. Little more effort on the main guitar

3. Drums less loud

4. Bass less loud

Why don't they switch the setlists up much?

I know they did for the 1st leg of the US tour a bit, but why have they stopped throwing in one or two different songs per night? I know they played Yes a lot on the 1st leg, but it seems to have been dropped completely. Same with Don't Panic and Square One. I'm pretty sure they played What If once or twice as well. So, why don't they switch it up anymore?

I completely agree, but I understand from their point of view why they do this. It is true that most ppl who come to their concerts are not hard core fans who have seen an X number of concerts already....majority of the people who come to the concerts are ppl who only know the singles.

I wish they'd do "warning sign" & "swallowed in the sea"! I'm also really fond of "amsterdam" and "a rush of blood to the head"! actually, if i could add to the existing setlist, may as well throw in "what if", "a message", and "'til kingdom come"! i also wish they'd play the full normal version of "talk" because the guitar part rocks! i'm happy to see they are doing "the hardest part"--they left that out in Boston last time.

Re-thought the setlist. Should be this:

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

White Shadows

Clocks

Cemetries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Trouble

In My Place

Strawberry Swing

-

Dance Medley: God Put A Smile Upon Your Face / Talk

Piano Modley: Reign Of Love / The Hardest Part / Postcards From Far Away

-

Everything's Not Lost

Yes

Speed Of Sound

Warning Sign

Yellow

-

The Scientist (Acoustic)

Don't Panic (Partial, Acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer

-

Viva La Vida (Remix Video)

Politik

Lost!

Death And All His Friends

-

Fix You

Viva La Vida

Lovers In Japan

The Escpaist (Outro)

Dave

No Swallowed in the Sea?

Hello everyone!

Before I ask my question I just wanted to give you all a little background about my coldplay experiences.

I've been a coldplay song since when around X&Y came out (i'm only 18) and every year Ive just become a bigger and bigger fan, and its almost at the point to obsession. I can sing almost every song with every lyric correctly and I listen to their music whenever I possibly can...MY FIRST CONCERT IS NOVEMBER 3RD and I CAN NOT WAIT! I've heard only the best about their performances and Ive been told to expect a jaw dropping performance that will leave me wanting more.

Anyways, Ive been looking on wikipedia for some setlists of previous years and Ive noticed a few things now. Well firstly, their Viva La Vida tour has a very similar setlist throughout the year, which isnt relaly a problem for me i cant complain. But more importantly, personally, is why do they not play swallowed in the sea? Ive noticed they havent played it since a concert in I believe 2006 and personally it is my second favorite song of theirs (behind Fix You). I'm just curious as to why this song hasnt been played in a major concert in years? I believe it needs more recognitiion :)

Thanks!

As far as not playing certain songs, you know when yoy've only got a finite time to perform at a show there are going to be an awful lot of great songs that just don't make the cut. My guess is that the ones that do make it are a combo of ones that the band can pull off well, live; ones that they think the audience is expecting, (a good portion off the newest release included) ; and ones that they enjoy performing themselves. This is just a guess. But I have heard them say in interviews they put a lot of time and energy in coming up with the final set list. It's unlikely any set list will please all the people all the time so, they just do the best they can I would suppose. That being said "WHY DON'T THEY PLAY SHIVER OR WARNING SIGN!!!!!" Okay ,cough, sputter, ahem, sorry I feel better ....We'll cross our fingers that maybe something crazy will happen in Det. that'll make us both happy. In the mean time, happy CP obsession!