✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

General Chat: Setlist

winigwl

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i ever see them play swallowed in the sea, my life will be complete. i could die a happy man.

I agree, i havnt seen Coldplay live, but i can't wait to go see them NOV 3, it is going to be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or even better than that i cant even express in words. even if we are far up in the palace.

But i really want to hear Swallowed in the Sea, so if Coldplay you read this before NOV 3 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S i love you Coldplay

Strawberry Swing has pretty much replaced SITS. When putting together setlists, tracks off the latest album, and previous singles are the priority. Tracks that don't fit in this category are only added if they're either overwhelming fan faves (like politik) or the band just feels like playing it. SITS is a signature of the X&Y era, but it doesn't really have enough demand for it to remain on the setlist in the VLV tour. (They're playing like 25 song setlists nowadays, they can only play so much...)

I hate to break it to you, but it just really doesn't fit with most of the current setlists. It's such a slow and moody song, and all the songs they play now are either loud or up-tempo and fast. The closest they came to a really down song was the acoustic Hardest Part, but even that Chris shook up by stopping halfway through to start playing Yellow. SITS is an absolutely brilliant song, but it just fit in well better with X&Y songs, and as we all know, Coldplay loves to piece songs together well so that it flows nicely. So unless they make a drastic setlist change, don't expect SITS on this tour.:\

Hmm, I don't know about when they started playing it...I should remember from the first DC show on Aug. 3rd whether they played it or not, but I don't :/

I know that they have played it at every recent concert though...

And I LOVE that vid you took Texasluvsjonny. Brings me right back to that amazing moment :D

Coldplay Needs To Drastically Change Setlist

I know for you this may be the ideal setlist but eventually, there going to get tired of playing the same songs over and over agian. I say they keep the base of the album songs but switch around some songs and get rid of the techno GPASUYF and talk. I really think those two are a waste of time. They shoud play songs we havent heard in a long time. Warning Sign, Shiver, Spies, Moses and See you Soon. Even though Moses and See You Soon werent released on an album there still amazing songs and alot of people know them. That way they wot get tired of playing the same songs over and over again

I dislike Techno GPASUYF, but love Talk. Talk is just so... I don't know, it just sound really nice.

I guess the reason why they're not playing many of the old songs are because they don't really fit in with the new "harder" sound of Coldplay.

Think of the "hardness" this way (Feel free to disagree. :P):

Shiver > Warning Sign > Fix You = Reign Of Love > Strawberry Swing > Lovers In Japan > (NEW Talk and GPASUYF) > 42 > Lost! > Violet Hill

I do agree, however, that they need to change up their setlist very soon. I'm not tired of 42 being played every night, but really, I'd love to hear something else. (*cough* Glass of Water *cough* Rainy Day *cough* Famous Old Painters)

The problem is, they've got to play to such a wide audience. There'll be some people who go to multiple concerts in one tour, some who see them just once in a tour and some who'll never have seen them before.

Trying to please everyone is a fine balancing act. And I'm sure if they do get bored, they'll change things a bit

I'm going to see them in December (look at my avi to count the days:D), and I really hope they'll keep the techno there until then, although I doubt they will. I imagine they'll give the set another little tweak when they cross the pond again (and once Prospekts March is out there).

i didn't get to go to their melbourne concert in 06. i'm so jealous. i'll never get to hear my favourite song, swallowed in the sea, now. i mean, 42 and all those songs are great, but SITS just has.. something that they don't. a certain emotion. that was what i loved most about the x&y songs: they had so much emotion. songs like x&y. i love viva la vida wholeheartedly, but i would really like to hear swallowed live just once.