✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

General Chat: Setlist

winigwl

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16songs is ridiculous, I love coldplay but i just dont think i can justify $200 for two tix to see them in Houston for alittle over an hour. Maybe Ill change my mind if the setlist expands to actual Headline band levels of 24-26songs.

Is there a confirmed setlist? I hope they will play old hits especially "The Scientist" and "Fix you"

What do you think, will they play "The Scientist"?

Viva la Vida has a term of about 45 minutes and the shows are going to be 90 minutes, right? that means, that they will play 45 minutes old tracks? is this argumentation right?

I'm from Switzerland and I will go to the Coldplay show in Zürich. I've payed 300 swiss francs for two tickets. ( 147 British Pounds, 185 Euro, 287 Dollar)

Looks like it may vary in and out of something like this:

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Lovers In Japan

Chinese Sleep Chant

God Put A Smile Upon My Face

Yes / Chinese Sleep Chant

Square One - ?

Trouble

Lost

Strawberry Swing

Yellow (Acoustic)

If Death Will Conquer Me (Acoustic)

Politik - ?

Viva La Vida

Mish-mashing setlists from latest live shows

What do you think...?

mine is :

politik

violet hill

lost!

Warning sign

shiver

square one

scientist

clocks

strawberry swing

sparks

speed of sound

talk

cemeteries of london

amsterdam

yellow

low

swallowed in the sea

everythings not lost

Encore:

in my place

lovers in japan

fix you

death and all his friends

some songs i love, like dont panic, i left off cus i dont think itd be that great in concert.

I kind of hope they won't play 'Fix you' as it makes me cry every time I hear it...

Also, I'm not sure about 'The Scientist', it's such a beautiful song, but my ex-boyfriend used it to break up with me... so it's a bit ruined for me, lol.

My dream setlist:

Shiver

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Viva La Vida

Don't Panic

White Shadows

Chinese Sleep Chant

Clocks

High Speed

Politik

Lost!

A Message

Strawberry Swing

Encore:

Cemeteries of London

Fix You

Death and All His Friends

Anything along this lines tonight would be fantastic. But unlikely :embarassed:

My "dream" set list

This is my list I would love to hear...of course including songs from the new album...

Life in Technicolor

Politik

Violet Hill

Daylight

Shiver

Speed of Sound

In My Place

Square One

GPASUYF

Trouble

Viva La Vida

Everythings Not Lost

Don't Panic

Lost! (Acustic version)

The Scientist

Yellow

A Rush of Blood to the Head

Strawberry Swing

Yes!

Clocks (with the Twisted Logic tour count down close!)

Encore:

Chinese Sleep Chant

Talk

Fix You

Lovers in Japan

Death and All His Friends

ok well im bored so im going to make up a setlist i would want to hear.

1. Life In Technicolor

2. Cemeteries of London

3. Politik

4. Violet Hill

5. Clocks

6. In My Place

7. 42

8. Square One

9. The Scientist

10. Viva La Vida

11. See You Soon

12. Yes

13. Yellow

14. Amsterdam

15. Lost!

16. Warning Sign

17. Talk

18. Strawberry Swing

19. Everything's Not Lost

----------------------------------

20. Shiver

21. Lovers in Japan

22. Death and All His Friends

I would love it if they played "Things I Dont Understand" which is highly unlikely. I cant wait to hear "Death And All His Friends" live. BTW, on the official Coldplay site, Chris Martin said they were 90% done with the setlists for the upcoming tour. He also stated that the setlists will differ with the locations of the concerts. I honestly can't wait to see them at BankAtlantic Center in Ft. Lauderdale!!!! November 9th cant come soon enough!

I echo many of you guys and what you'd like to have played....the new stuff as well as the classics. However, my WOW! moment would come if they sang Moses again!!! Pick me up off the floor and bring me a stiff drink.....I would die to hear it live!! It's one of my all-time favorite songs of theirs!!!

My hope for the tour

They debut some new songs. obviously not right away, but if they continue touring into '09 i would like to see at least 1 new track. never understood why they havent done this more. the last tour they debuted new songs on (other than promoting a new album) was in 2001. every band does it, and i know coldplay isnt every band, but i always love to have an update of what they are changing the sound to.

just a thought :)

Viva La Vida Tour setlist thoughts....

i know that on the twisted logic tour they pretty much played the same set every night...and i only saw them once on that so that was ok...but i plan on seeing them 5 times this year and i'm not looking forward to seeing the same set after set. dont get me wrong i'm a HUGE coldplay fanatic, but a little more diversity would be nice. Thats the beauty of going to see someone like U2, they mix things up all the time. Now coldplay does not nearly have the catalog that U2 has, but still, a mix up to keep us on the edge of our seats because we dont know whats coming next would be amazing. The set list now that they have played for about 3-4 shows in a row is great, but it definitely isn't the best they could do...i mean, politik and the scientist being left out? really? and nothing else rocks the house like the real version of yellow, not the acoustic one. anybody have any thoughts on this?

1. life in technicolor

2. cemetaries of london

3. clocks

4. in my place

5. viva la vida

6. 42

7. shiver

8. lost!

9. GPASUYF

10. daylight

11. spies

acoustic set

12. kingdom come

13. yellow (mandolin version that we've been getting)

14. Death Should Never Conquer

end acoustic set

15. politik

16. chinese sleep chant

17. strawberry swing

18. see you soon

19. amsterdam

encore

20. violet hill

21. the scientist

22. death and all his friends (the escapist)

i think it's cool that they played that new acoustic version of yellow but now that it's out there.... i think they should stop playing it. they NEED to play the real, rock version at a concert. it's one of the highlights and one of the most energy filled moments of their concerts... i don't get why they had to change it. the acoustic version is nice to listen to on my itunes but seriously... who wants to just stand and chill at a concert while they play an acoustic version of that when they COULD be dancing and going wild to the real version?

no, i think what's great about concerts is you get to mix things up, and hear them differntly than you're used to. yeah its upbeat, but a great acoustic could be the highlight of a show. and i think this yellow may be that

yea im all for a good acoustic song at a concert. if they played see you soon i would abolutely die. all i'm saying is that in this case... i don't think they need change because the version of yellow that everyone is used to is perfect for a concert. just my opinion.

VIOLET HILL

LOVERS IN JAPAN

VIVA LA VIDA

CHINESE SLEEP CHANT

WHAT IF

YES

CLOCKS

SEE YOU SOON

-- A LITLLE PAUSE -- (bring on the magic balls)

LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR

DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

TROUBLE

LOST!

CEMETERIES

FIX YOU

--LONG PAUSE FOR EFFECT--

SPEED OF SOUND

YELLOW (NEW ACCOUSTIC)

STRAWBERRY SWING

AMSTERDAM

I tweaked a previous post to my ultimate liking for this show. I know its too long for them and would never happen. But hey its a dream.

EDIT: I like winigwl's set too with the accoustic break! Ill take either.

Dream set:

01. LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR (Video interlude. The band shouldn't even be shown.)

02. VIOLET HILL (The big reveal of the band comes when the guitar comes in.)

03. WHITE SHADOWS

04. GOD PUT A SMILE UPON YOUR FACE

05. YES

06. CEMETERIES OF LONDON (Chris takes the piano at the end of the song.)

07. THE SCIENTIST

08. SPEED OF SOUND

09. EVERYTHING'S NOT LOST

10. 42 (Chris gets up from the piano at the end of the song.)

11. CHINESE SLEEP CHANT

12. TALK

13. STRAWBERRY SWING

14. LOST!

15. IN MY PLACE (Chris takes the piano after the song.)

16. TROUBLE

17. CLOCKS

18. DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

[ENCORE 1]

19. POLITIK

20. VIVA LA VIDA

21. FIX YOU

[ENCORE 2]

22. YELLOW

23. LOVERS IN JAPAN

This would work really well because all the "piano tunes" are stuck together, so Chris won't constantly be going up and down. He just has to sit down to do the end of "CEMETERIES..." and stay there through "42." Then he can take the guitar/dance through "IN MY PLACE" and take the piano for the remainder of the show. Let's be honest, "DEATH..." would be an amazing closer! There definately needs to be two encores as well. And since "VIVA LA VIDA" is such a big track, it shouldn't be stuck in the middle of the set, it should be in the encores. Naturally "POLITIK" is an opener and "FIX YOU" is a closer, so they can open and close (respectively) the first encore. The second encore doesn't need a grand entrance or anything. They can just walk on and do their thing. "YELLOW" would be such a welcomed song towards the end of the show, and of course closing with "LOVERS IN JAPAN" is genious.

Do I have too much time on my hands? Absolutely. But at least it's being spent on Coldplay!!!

Dave