✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hitcher, there is no way of knowing when the BBC will be in touch with the winners. Wat we do know is that the BBC will contact at the latest, 4 days before the gig date.

btw - do you know whether you're allowed to take in bags on Mon nite at Brixton? i'm coming straight from work. do you think we'll be allowed to take photos?

Mine didn't say that.

where does it say that?

Thanks for asking for 2 complimentary tickets to Coldplay Live At The BBC, which is being recorded at BBC Television Centre.

PLEASE NOTE THIS EMAIL CONFIRMS THE DETAILS OF YOUR APPLICATION. IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET TICKETS.

If you're successful, we'll send tickets to you before the show.

If you've applied for tickets for a show that's happening within the next four days, and you're successful, we'll call or email you to let you know that your name will be on the door. When you arrive, simply speak to a member of staff.

Thanks for asking for 2 complimentary tickets to Coldplay Live At The BBC, which is being recorded at BBC Television Centre.

PLEASE NOTE THIS EMAIL CONFIRMS THE DETAILS OF YOUR APPLICATION. IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET TICKETS.

If you're successful, we'll send tickets to you before the show.

If you've applied for tickets for a show that's happening within the next four days, and you're successful, we'll call or email you to let you know that your name will be on the door. When you arrive, simply speak to a member of staff.

so it doesn't say that they'll let you know if you've won eithin 4 days of the application.

it just says that they'll let you know by email or phone if the show is within 4 days of application.

I'm confused :laugh3:

so it doesn't say that they'll let you know if you've won eithin 4 days of the application.

it just says that they'll let you know by email or phone if the show is within 4 days of application.

I'm confused :laugh3:

confused, but no doubt a little sigh of relief, knowing you could still be within a chance of winning 2 tickets.

cant find it on there, im am certain i read it somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't of said it.

Anyway they might of changed the wording because im sure it didn't say "Successful applicants will be given the date. Tickets will be allocated randomly. " before.

Hey, I didn't enter it because I had no clue, BUT I will join you in your waiting gang :)

Hehe, these threads are becoming just as popular and attractive events for fans as the gigs themselves! :laugh3:

Sounds bitter, but for those who missed out on brixton, would you be a bit gutted if those who got tickets for Brixton also won tickets for the BBC gig?

I'd be very jealous and very bitter. I'm not ashamed to admit that.

I wouldn't be surprised, put it that way.

These things usually happen :( and I'm usually on the outside looking in.

haha

Sounds bitter, but for those who missed out on brixton, would you be a bit gutted if those who got tickets for Brixton also won tickets for the BBC gig?

I'd be very jealous and very bitter. I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Nah not bitter, but I will be a bit disappointed if people crow about it TOO loudly on here, knowing that there are so many disappointed folk about.

I was a bit bitter yesterday, but only about how the comp was run, I was glad for the real fans who got tickets - a bit jealous of course, but delighted for em. Lucky buggers!

Nah not bitter, but I will be a bit disappointed if people crow about it TOO loudly on here, knowing that there are so many disappointed folk about.

I was a bit bitter yesterday, but only about how the comp was run, I was glad for the real fans who got tickets - a bit jealous of course, but delighted for em. Lucky buggers!

hey kimchi baka, glad to see your not so downbeat today. I'm one of the lucky few that won 2 tix to Brixton, however, if i was to win the BBC gig, i would offer my 2nd ticket to someone on here. Its not been pleasant reading the posts from the fans that haven't won and i genuinely feel your loss at not winning. I certainly don't take these rare opportunities for granted and I would seriously offer my 2nd ticket (if I won that is. Maybe someone is going to vet it so that people can't win both???) plus i'm a very nice person!!:D

hey kimchi baka, glad to see your not so downbeat today. I'm one of the lucky few that won 2 tix to Brixton, however, if i was to win the BBC gig, i would offer my 2nd ticket to someone on here. Its not been pleasant reading the posts from the fans that haven't won and i genuinely feel your loss at not winning. I certainly don't take these rare opportunities for granted and I would seriously offer my 2nd ticket (if I won that is. Maybe someone is going to vet it so that people can't win both???) plus i'm a very nice person!!:D

That's really good of you Sandi - your posts have the spirit of Coldplay all over them :)

I know it's very hard, but this week is too exciting to let the Brixton debacle get us down. The first Coldplay album for three years and for many people the best since A Rush. Loads of Coldplay on the radio. Great quality streams (and rips ;)) It's pure positivity all the way now, BBC or not (as that one is just too unlikely really, so no surprise if I don't win a single ticket).