✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

politik, like you, i'm anxiously waiting. When I phoned the BBC yest. they said my application was pending? WTF, that means I don't know, but they told me to phone again this afternoon.

Pending? What, is there a hotline for this then?! This is torture, I need to go out soon and print images for my HND photography exhibition which starts on tuesday, that should be my priority at the moment really! :confused:

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you Adam and Eve it, two tickets just popped through the post.

Although on the letter that came with them it says entry is not guaranteed?

Ron, the BBC usually over allocated, but I was told they haven't over allocated tickets for this gig, so maybe that's just a standard statement they put on all the letters? Perhaps get there early just to be on the safe side. what time does it start btw?

HOLY CRAP! As soon as I read your stories here I ran down eight floors and opened our mail box with shaking hands. I got one as well and I started a small dance in our common room.

Oh god, I'm so happy now!

@dfective: My email is from 10:41.

Hey i have lurked for ages on this forum! And what a forum this is!

I won tickets to the BBC gig for which i got a confirmation email confirming i have two 'guaranteed entry tickets'!

I have not received any tickets today whilst others have!

Can anyone confirm whether these tickets say 'guaranteed entry' on or not?

Ron, the BBC usually over allocated, but I was told they haven't over allocated tickets for this gig, so maybe that's just a standard statement they put on all the letters?

Yes, that's a standard text. I went to a BBC radio recording in January, just got out my letter from this again and the text is exactly the same. If they said on the phone that it's not over booked then I think that's right.

Yes but that was for the tickets emailed.

How do we know its the same for those who have had tickets sent in the post.

When i went to see a live recording of a bbc show there were people there who had guarnateed tickets because they had been refused entry to a previous show due to it being full.

Because of this, i didnt get in because my tickets were not guranteed.

My point is, how do we know that some tickets might be guranteed and others are not?

Maybe we should call them again. But I still think we will all be guaranteed entry. I found my positive side the last few days. :D

Yeah sorry Steph, i dont want to put a downer on it because i like you am looking forward to it very, very much.

But, I along with others, do not want to rek into london if there is a chance we wont get in. That would be the ultimate slap in the face.

Yeah sorry Steph, i dont want to put a downer on it because i like you am looking forward to it very, very much.

But, I along with others, do not want to rek into london if there is a chance we wont get in. That would be the ultimate slap in the face.

Yeah, sure. I'm coming up from Poole and don't want to do it for nothing either. I'm calling them again and will tell you what they said. :)

Okay, got through. After giving her my reference number, the lady told me I don't have a guaranteed ticket.

I suggest somebody else calls them as well, 'cause I'm not sure all the tickets that went out today are 'not guaranteed'. Number to call is 08709 011227.

Does anybody have a ticket number that is higher than 600?

Is it possible you put the wrong email address in by any chance (i'm terrible for doing that) did you get confirmation that your entry originally went through?

Well done anyway mate, from reading your posts on here you come across as a genuinely nice guy, you deserve it! :)

I got the confirmation email, but never one saying I'd got tickets, very strange! I'm wondering if they've increased capacity a bit and this is the second batch? My tickets are in the 630s.

Thanks very much for your kind comment politik*, it really put a smile upon my face (I'm not saying you're God though hehe :lol:) Truth be told these last few weeks have been incredibly stressful, but I've met some great folk on here who've really cheered me up :)

Whoa. :stunned:

Perhaps Coldplay sent them :cool: lolz

That's... really odd... but cool! I'm happy for you :3

Thank you too Cobalt - such a nice thought that the band sent them to me, my Coldplay 'prayer' did the trick eh lol :lol:

:)

Did you guys get tickets too Jenjie? Really hope so.

Yeah, sure. I'm coming up from Poole and don't want to do it for nothing either. I'm calling them again and will tell you what they said. :)

Great thanks Stephie, and great news for you too, and everyone else who's received a nice present today from Auntie :)

People who received the original email are guaranteed entry. Everyone who received tickets without an email are not. If the latter applies, your best bet is getting there at 5 to get to the front of the queue.

Interesting. Did the BBC tell you that cutandpaste?

Yeah I spoke to someone at the beeb. Also, by "email", I mean the email confirming the tickets - the one that says

Congratulations!!!

BBC Studio Audiences are delighted to inform you that you have been successful in your application for 2 Guaranteed Entry Tickets for Coldplay Live At The BBC.

If you didn't receive this, then you are not guaranteed entry so get there early.

Yeah I spoke to someone at the beeb. Also, by "email", I mean the email confirming the tickets - the one that says

If you didn't receive this, then you are not guaranteed entry so get there early.

So basically i was right then.

Thats a real shame because I can see a number of people being turned away.