✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just phoned the BBC again, and my application is pending. They've told me to phone back on Monday. I'm really miffed now, because I recieved my email confirmation, like many others on here, at 10.42.

I'm in London next Wed for meetings and I could get over to the studios for 4.30, but I don't think I could bear being turned away from the door. I would end up on the street crying, so maybe its better if I just don't turn up at all??

:confused:

I got mine at 10.38, so it would appear that the timing wasn't everything?! Unless, they arrive in the post tomorrow...

I've just phoned the BBC again, and my application is pending. They've told me to phone back on Monday. I'm really miffed now, because I recieved my email confirmation, like many others on here, at 10.42.

Why is it pending? Did they tell you anything about it?

I'm in London next Wed for meetings and I could get over to the studios for 4.30, but I don't think I could bear being turned away from the door. I would end up on the street crying, so maybe its better if I just don't turn up at all??

:confused:

Havent you got tickets for Brixton mate?

If so, I wouldnt bother with the BBC gig if there is no gurantee of entry. Its your call of course.

Havent you got tickets for Brixton mate?

If so, I wouldnt bother with the BBC gig if there is no gurantee of entry. Its your call of course.

You know how it is, she can't get enough! I don't know about you but my mates think I'm crazy to love any band as much.

FFS. Well it's pretty much proven now that tickets were allocated on a first come, first serve basis which would have been fine if the server hadn't of screwed up (as per usual) when it hit 10:30. I couldn't even get ON the page till 10:45! :angry: :angry: :angry:

FFS. Well it's pretty much proven now that tickets were allocated on a first come, first serve basis which would have been fine if the server hadn't of screwed up (as per usual) when it hit 10:30. I couldn't even get ON the page till 10:45! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Stop it mate you're giving me hope! My Brother got his confirmation at 10.41 that day and it would be too much of a coincidence if the postie didn't deliver to both our houses today?! Maybe though...

You know how it is, she can't get enough! I don't know about you but my mates think I'm crazy to love any band as much.

politik we share the same sentiments and yes I am going to Brixton, but after Dec we won't see them for another 3 years, so you have to grab every opportunity of living the Coldplay live experience.

I'd given up hope on the BBC gig, until i phoned them and they said my application hadn't failed (which means no tickets) but is still pending (which means a BIG maybe) so to keep phone and emails swtiched on until last thing on Mon. I told them they were mentally torturing me over this process and it wasn't fair, esp. when coldplay.com had advertised it as a first come, first served process.

Urtrgghhh i've just read the smallprint on the ticket:

Unfortunately, not everyone who receieves these free tickets uses them. So, to achieve a full house, we have to distribute more tickets than there are studio seats. Please arrive in good time as admission is on a fire come, first served basis.

So basically they're saying even though I won these fucking tickets, and am willing to fly all the way back from Spain to see it off of my holidays, that I might not get in. What the frick? :p

I just thought, I got the BBC confirmation email sent to me three times that morning, I hope that F*ck up at their end isn't what's prevented me getting tickets!!

Oh man, i've got to let this go, i'm going crazy with all this nonsense...

I just thought, I got the BBC confirmation email sent to me three times that morning, I hope that F*ck up at their end isn't what's prevented me getting tickets!!

Oh man, i've got to let this go, i'm going crazy with all this nonsense...

You got a ticket for Brixton though politik*, didn't you?

If so I'm insanely jealous! Not only are you guaranteed entry, but I think it's going to be more of a 'real' gig than the showcase the BBC show might be (that's just my feeling). Plus, no worries about the weather, and the sound and atmosphere will be way better in Brixton - the roof's gonna come off that place!!

poltik, phone them up and they will give you a reference number and the status of your application, i.e. whether its been successful, pending or failed.

You said they're not available until monday now though right? I think maybe I will though Sandi, especially as my application got through so quickly and I have proof of the email mix up... cheers

Yeah I have got a brixton ticket Kimchi and completely grateful for it, but as Sandi said on here earlier, you can't beat the live experience. I think the BBC thing will be equally special and obviously slightly more intimate, with a chance to maybe even meet the boys!

i agree the more intimate the better experience you will have for it. I went to teh X&Y launch gig at the round chapel in hackney 3 years ago. It was THE BEST gig I had ever been to in my life. There were around 200 fans there. not that i really noticed, being right at the front, i didn't look back at all.

I was the first in and I couldn't quite believe the stage set up. I thought the security guy had sent me through the wrong corrider and he said, no your on the floor with the band. Just seeing the instruments up, close and personal, before the boys came on and sat down and wiped their brow with the white towel, with their individual names stiched on....I could give a minute to minute account of the whole experience and the best thing is, i have it recorded forever, because it was broadcast on MTV live..

back to the point, i actually think BBC is going to be more intimate esp. if its recorded in a studio, not outdoor.

back to the point, i actually think BBC is going to be more intimate esp. if its recorded in a studio, not outdoor.

On the ticket it says it's outside. Also in the Radio Times description: "To celebrate Viva's arrival, Chris Martin and friends perform a free, live gig on a specially built stage outside BBC Television Centre in west London."

And I guess it won't last much longer than the 45 minutes that are broadcasted. But I'll be happy nevertheless. I think the BBC and the Brixton concert are just very different with different benefits and drawbacks. In the end I'm just grateful to be able to go to one of them. :)

Urtrgghhh i've just read the smallprint on the ticket:

So basically they're saying even though I won these fucking tickets, and am willing to fly all the way back from Spain to see it off of my holidays, that I might not get in. What the frick? :p

It's annoying, isn't it. It's what they do for all tv shows though... you'll just have to get there extra early and queue up for ages. It will be worth it :)

I've reluctantly decided I'm not going to go :( I'm in spain on business so it's going to cost me almost 200 pounds to come back for 1 days to see this gig, that lasts only 45minutes. I know I'll regret it. But hey, if there happens to be someone with the name "D Clatworthy", then these tickets are yours for free. Otherwise, in the bin they go :(

*cries*

That' really unfortunate, Dean. :( But I can understand your point and 200 quid is a lot of money.

You might try to give your tickets to somebody else. Maybe somebody who lives in London anyways and wouldn't need to spend a lot of time and money to get to the studio (in case they get turned down). I really don't know how strict they will be this evening (and they could very well be really strict and check everybody's ID), but I went to two BBC recodings this year and both times I only showed my ticket. Nobody was asked for ID.

I've reluctantly decided I'm not going to go :( I'm in spain on business so it's going to cost me almost 200 pounds to come back for 1 days to see this gig, that lasts only 45minutes. I know I'll regret it. But hey, if there happens to be someone with the name "D Clatworthy", then these tickets are yours for free. Otherwise, in the bin they go :(

*cries*

You should give them back to the BBC and they will allocate them to someone else...

You should give them back to the BBC and they will allocate them to someone else...

Yes, i agree, but maybe call them first to check they WILL re-allocate them or whether they would agree for you to pass them onto someone else who can definitely make it on the night.

Yes, i agree, but maybe call them first to check they WILL re-allocate them or whether they would agree for you to pass them onto someone else who can definitely make it on the night.

Already done that. They won't even let me transfer them to my mother. We have an unusual name so it's not like I could have sold it to someone :(

I doubt you can pass them on yourself because they can't risk people selling tickets on for extortionate prices. But yeah, calling is a good idea.

OMG...I entered me and the bf randomly not thinking we had a chance, my confirmation received at 10.40, his at 10.41 and he just got home to find 2 Coldplay tix on his doorstep :O (although slightly confused as I got my confirmation first and din't get tix!) The numbers are in the 300s.

Just trying to work out if its possible for us to go. We have to travel from Liverpool, luckily I have the day off uni and he has sweet talked a day off work. I can't afford to stay over and have can't-miss-uni on Thursday, so think we'll try get the last train bk from Euston at 9.10pm, we should make that shouldn't we??!! If the gig is being shown live from 7-7.45pm it surely can't last longer than that can it? I need reassurance that we should be able to get our train back!!!!