✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-June-2008: BBC Gig - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Yeah I spoke to someone at the beeb. Also, by "email", I mean the email confirming the tickets - the one that says

If you didn't receive this, then you are not guaranteed entry so get there early.

Thanks a lot for that. Bugger - there goes my relaxing few pints in the pub before strolling in at half-six.

Think I'll still double-check with the Beeb tomorrow, they seem a bit confused - they were saying that they 'definitely weren't over-ticketing' yesterday (which is when they must have sent these tickets out).

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'll still double-check with the Beeb tomorrow, they seem a bit confused - they were saying that they 'definitely weren't over-ticketing' yesterday (which is when they must have sent these tickets out).

That would be nice of you. Seems a bit confusing. I'm really bad at the phone with my English, so I'd appreciate somebody else double-checking. :)

Thanks a lot for that. Bugger - there goes my relaxing few pints in the pub before strolling in at half-six.

Yeah give them another call tomorrow. I'm sure most people will still get in regardless of the time, but it would truly suck to stroll up at 6.30 and get turned away. Perhaps get there for 5, get a sticker put on your ticket (to validate it) and then head off for a quick pint :P

You're from Kent! I'm originally from Canterbury, although I live and work in London now.

So what are the times for this Gig then? 6.30? 5?

Ive apparently got the tix sent through to home but I'm at uni at the mo so, i kinda need to know what time to plan to get there before my tix get posted to me...

I got my tickets today, but I had no warning of confirmation email. I read somewhere that you need to print it off to get in. It definately hasn't got to my inbox, as i've checked my spam folder too.

Any ideas, or thoughts, or takers on my free ticket ;)?

That would be nice of you. Seems a bit confusing. I'm really bad at the phone with my English, so I'd appreciate somebody else double-checking. :)

You're not English?!! :stunned: Your written English is almost perfect - and much better than many of us natives!

Yeah give them another call tomorrow. I'm sure most people will still get in regardless of the time, but it would truly suck to stroll up at 6.30 and get turned away. Perhaps get there for 5, get a sticker put on your ticket (to validate it) and then head off for a quick pint :P

You're from Kent! I'm originally from Canterbury, although I live and work in London now.

Great advice cutandpaste, think I'll do just that! Canterbury's a lovely place, bit far from me though so I've only been a few times. And there are quite a few Kentish members (members of Kent?;-) here - must be the water or something!

Right, who knows the nearest pub to Television Centre???

I got my tickets today, but I had no warning of confirmation email. I read somewhere that you need to print it off to get in. It definately hasn't got to my inbox, as i've checked my spam folder too.

Any ideas, or thoughts, or takers on my free ticket ;)?

Much like mine mate, they wont gurantee you entry mate.

My question is this:

What is everyone who has got tickets like mine roll up early and get in, and then all those with guaranteed tickets leave it a bit and come along later?

Do they let them in and let the place be over crowded, or do they turn them way.

The system, im my book, is shambolic.

You're not English?!! :stunned: Your written English is almost perfect - and much better than many of us natives!

Writing is okay, talking also, but as soon as I have a telephone receiver in my hand, I begin to stammer like I've been only learning it for 2 months. :D

Really hope to meet some of you guys there!

My question is this:

What is everyone who has got tickets like mine roll up early and get in, and then all those with guaranteed tickets leave it a bit and come along later?

Do they let them in and let the place be over crowded, or do they turn them way.

Lets be fair though... it's free...

Beggers can't be choosers.

My question is this:

If I was faced with that situation as a promoter, I'd first let the number of people without guaranteed tickets in to take the capacity up to max (assuming ALL of the guaranteed tickets come along) and then when the doors are about to close let in more 'non-guaranteed' ticket-holders, equivalent to the number of 'guaranteed' bods who didn't show. Fairly simple for them, but very stressful for us.

Writing is okay, talking also, but as soon as I have a telephone receiver in my hand, I begin to stammer like I've been only learning it for 2 months. :D

Really hope to meet some of you guys there!

Me too, I hate the phone!

See you there Stephie and everyone else :)

If I was faced with that situation as a promoter, I'd first let the number of people without guaranteed tickets in to take the capacity up to max (assuming ALL of the guaranteed tickets come along) and then when the doors are about to close let in more 'non-guaranteed' ticket-holders, equivalent to the number of 'guaranteed' bods who didn't show. Fairly simple for them, but very stressful for us.

That sounds about right.

My question is this:

I can only tell you about my QI experience. They don't call it "guaranteed", but "priority ticket". With a priority ticket you have to arrive between 60 to 45 minutes before the door opening time. Otherwise the guaranteed entrance will become void.

About an hour before the doors open somebody goes along the queue and checks the tickets. All priority ticket holders get separated into another queue. This queue then gets in first when the doors open. When all of them are inside, they start to let the people from the "normal" queue in.

Don't know if this will work similarly, but I can imagine.

No you're right mate. Absolutely spot on.

I've paid £400 to see Coldplay in December for front row tickets, just to get up close to them... so to get as intimate as the BBC gig will be to see Coldplay for free... I'd be camping there the day before and be perfectly happy.

So to confirm... to know you can go you either need to have the tickets which are being delivered or have an email saying "Congratulations you are guarenteed" and what not?

No.

You have to have the email saying congraulations to be guaranteed entry.

If you received tickets through the post, you have a chance but they can refuse you entry.

Just received my tickets. I got the email saying guaranteed tickets and now on my tickets it says Guaranteed entry. My numbers are in the 110-120 range.

Also included is a note which says-

'You have been lucky enough to receive two of the 250 guaranteed entry tickets to Coldplay Live At The BBC.

Please ignore the text on the back of your ticket which states that tickets do not guarantee entry as your tickets go against this policy on this occasion.

To ensure that you are guaranteed entry we ask you turn up no later than 6pm.'

So 650 people allowed in, 250 guaranteed enrty so 400 left. I would suggest that if you haven't got guaranteed tickets get there as early as possible.

Also concert is live on BBC 2 from 7pm -7.45pm not sure if concert will run any longer so some people might not turn up or travel such a long way knowing it's not a full concert.

Anyway I'll be there and I'll have a few beers after to celebrate.

I've just phoned the BBC again, and my application is pending. They've told me to phone back on Monday. I'm really miffed now, because I recieved my email confirmation, like many others on here, at 10.42.

I'm in London next Wed for meetings and I could get over to the studios for 4.30, but I don't think I could bear being turned away from the door. I would end up on the street crying, so maybe its better if I just don't turn up at all??

:confused: