✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (2nd night)- Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Review/Photos

Hi guys. I just discovered the site after searching for a set list (I was looking for Death Will Never Conquer). I was at the show, Section 6 row O. I'll have my take on the events in the next day or two, along with some photos and videos.

I distinctly remember 2 mentions of the signs. I think right before they started Cemetaries of London was the first, and the 2nd obviously during Yellow. The first one I have on tape. He spots a t-shirt of the Killers, and says " Hey theres a Killers T-shirt! Who loves the killers? We love the killers. We're very impressed with you guys. Your all on form with your t-shirts and your banners." (I'm paraphrasing but it's VERY close to verbatim.)

I have that on video, as well as the dedication to Jennifer Hudson, and the Section 104 part of the show. btw, when they did that they ran right by me. I was the third seat in from the aisle and I reached out for the band as they went by. I got a fingernail on Will's shirt and I almost got a hi-five from Chris as they made their way through.

Unfortunately, I showed up halfway through Clocks. I had a million issues coming down from work in Dutchess County, NY. I guess the lesson is NEVER put your whole night on the shoulders of the NJ Transit system. The shuttle buses weren't there when the train got us to Secaucus. We had to wait 20 minutes for one to show up!!!

EDIT: here's the link to my youtube channel. theres a few of the vids up already. a few more to come! http://www.youtube.com/user/Lemanschamp

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard about that Killers tshirt mentioning when Chris called out loudly who's wearing it.

Any way what ever he combinely gave the complements to all the people who ever held the signs and banners ,so i am happy.

Not just saying to one person and leaving another person.

Chris saw Sean,me,Noelia and gave complements to who ever the people held the banners and signs.

He treats all his folks equally.That's what i like in him.

He never shows difference between the folks.

Hi guys. I just discovered the site after searching for a set list (I was looking for Death Will Never Conquer). I was at the show, Section 6 row O. I'll have my take on the events in the next day or two, along with some photos and videos.

I distinctly remember 2 mentions of the signs. I think right before they started Cemetaries of London was the first, and the 2nd obviously during Yellow. The first one I have on tape. He spots a t-shirt of the Killers, and says " Hey theres a Killers T-shirt! Who loves the killers? We love the killers. We're very impressed with you guys. Your all on form with your t-shirts and your banners." (I'm paraphrasing but it's VERY close to verbatim.)

I have that on video, as well as the dedication to Jennifer Hudson, and the Section 104 part of the show. btw, when they did that they ran right by me. I was the third seat in from the aisle and I reached out for the band as they went by. I got a fingernail on Will's shirt and I almost got a hi-five from Chris as they made their way through.

Unfortunately, I showed up halfway through Clocks. I had a million issues coming down from work in Dutchess County, NY. I guess the lesson is NEVER put your whole night on the shoulders of the NJ Transit system. The shuttle buses weren't there when the train got us to Secaucus. We had to wait 20 minutes for one to show up!!!

EDIT: here's the link to my youtube channel. theres a few of the vids up already. a few more to come! http://www.youtube.com/user/Lemanschamp

cool thanks,:) I just subscribed to your vids, because I really want to see the hardest part video when he dedicated it to Jennifer Hudson. unfortunately I wasn't taping at the time

My vid has that Jennifer Hudson part too, I already watched it myself a bunch of times already.

Stupid people and their spilling of beers. And stupid ahole guys that walk right in front of short girls while they are trying to get a view. My friend and I played a game call "Point Out the Douche" while waiting for the concert to start. This youngish guy wearing typical work shirt not tucked in and jeans in like 120 row 1 by the runway was like standing on his chair on his cell phone and gesticulating wildly while the guard keeps telling him to sit down won the award hands down.

hpim0169.jpg

:stunned: Is that JONNYBELLY I see????? :drunk:

. And stupid ahole guys that walk right in front of short girls while they are trying to get a view. My friend and I played a game call "Point Out the Douche" while waiting for the concert to start.

Haha awesome!:laugh3: Yeah, I gotta wear my 4inch heels to see!:rolleyes:

Hey Noelia??? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Thanks for your amazing reviews! Glad you had a blast! :D

Ok so I finally have all the videos and photos up...

I don't know how to post the vids, so I'll link to my account again. I just added their touching rendition of The Hardest Part with Postcards from Far Away and Viva La Vida... sorry about the crap camera work.

http://http://www.youtube.com/user/Lemanschamp

And here's some of the photos I took:

101_1570.jpg

101_1571.jpg

101_1572.jpg

101_1573.jpg

101_1575.jpg

101_1618.jpg

101_1621.jpg

101_1631.jpg

101_1634.jpg

101_1637.jpg

101_1638.jpg

101_1646.jpg

There's no doubt to me that Chris liked New Jersey very much because of the reception they had here.

I know they will come again because he said that see you next year in between talking once.I heard it.

He even changed the lyrics of songs a lot of times about New Jersey too.

Well i am looking forward for next year to see them!

Change. That word has been thrown around a lot lately, especially in the past couple weeks leading up to Tuesday's election. The night after Chris Martin pretty much endorsed Barack Obama at the end of his performance on "Saturday Night Live," Coldplay proved that change is exactly what it needed this time around and that it is still the biggest band in the world right now.

The Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J., isn't the greatest venue for a concert; it's an ugly, bland and steep building, but this didn't hinder the show's impact at all. Coldplay filled the room with light and color.

As the lights grew dim, the sounds of Jay-Z and Austrain composer Johann Strauss blared from the loud speakers, emphasizing the R&B and classical feel to Coldplay's multi-platinum album "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends."

Hit after hit filled Coldplay's set, and not a moment was wasted here, which isn't hard for Martin, who thrives on being the center of attention and keeping the crowd on its feet. Coldplay did not hesitate to pull out the big guns early, beginning with three mega-hits - "Violet Hill," "Clocks" and "In My Place" - the latter getting the crowd to erupt in an enormous sing-a-long. Even the light show added an extra effect to the trite singles like "Speed of Sound," which the band played in complete darkness save for black-lights and giant glowing globes hanging above the stage.

Say what you want about Coldplay, but there's no beating these guys when it comes to playing music that reaches the rafters in an arena, both metaphorically and literally.

After the most massive performances of the night - "Viva La Vida" and "Lost!" - the band members immediately ran into the crowd, making their way to section 104 way in the back of the building.

There, standing shoulder-to-shoulder, they performed a beautiful acoustic version of "The Scientist," as well as the b-side "Death Will Never Conquer," which was performed by the multi-talented drummer Will Champion with Martin on the harmonica.

The ever-humble frontman apologized for his harmonica-playing, saying, "You paid good money to hear someone play an instrument very badly." In reality, though, it was quite good.

The set was filled with anthems like "Fix You," "42," "Politik" and "Lovers in Japan," as well as a couple of curveballs like the indecipherable "Chinese Sleep Chant" - a hidden track on "Viva" - and a mashup of "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" and "Talk." It was an odd choice to perform those particular songs like that, but again it was a change for Coldplay, and change is good.

The night drew to an abrupt close in a strange and confusing fashion. The show was moving along well until the band members left section 104 to go back to the stage. They did not make it back to the stage for about five minutes, and all the while, a remixed version of "Viva La Vida" played through the speakers. Was this their encore break already? It felt like the show had barely started.

Sure enough, they came out to play three more songs in what seemed to be the start of the second half of the show.

But then they left the stage again, only to come back to play one more song for the encore, "Yellow." A one-song encore was bizarre and insulting to fans.

Coldplay certainly fell a bit short, as it felt like the band short changed the audience. If artists who are more than twice Coldplay's age, like the Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney, can play for nearly three hours, why can't Coldplay? It doesn't make any sense. Nevertheless, the show succeeded in pleasing the fans, which is what's been most important to Martin and Co. these days.

Coldplay put on a thrilling performance while it was on the stage, even if it was just for a little over an hour and a half.

http://media.www.villanovan.com/media/storage/paper581/news/2008/11/06/Entertainment/Coldplay.Concert.Worthwhile.Set.Despite.Short.Duration-3527019-page2.shtml

what a weird review; i was loving it until he got to the encore. s/he got abruptly awkward after that lol

i didnt think the last encore was insulting... of course i'd have LOVED several more songs but i'm always going to want several more songs from Coldplay.... if they played every song they've ever written, EVER, i'd still want more lol. but my point is when they change stages twice throughout the show, it kinda makes up for the short encore

i don't think that IZOD center is a ugly or bland or what ever in the words,opinions of that reviewer.

We felt that its the best arena ever we've been to.Where ever you're sitting in the arena what ever place but you can see the stage clearly without any problems and also sound clarity is awesome....and also the food,parking lots,and sending the cars after the shows....to very systematic without any traffic stuck problems...

I love that arena..infact me and my hubby were surprised when we're eating fries that its so awesome here...and also surprised that we've such a great arena in NJ for shows...

best concert I've ever been too! We had great seats, and the most amazing part is when they dropped the paper butterflies during 'Lovers in Japan'. I couldn't see a single thing! It was amazing.

I also was fortunate enough to go Saturday Night Live and also see Coldplay..That was amazing too!! The audience just went nuts for them!