✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (2nd night)- Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Review/Photos

So I guess Pete was the guy outside with the adorable accent!

Here are the few pics I took that are somewhat discernible.

This is when the guys came down the ramp by my section. I was freaking out that I was so close, yet annoyed bc I knew the pic wouldn't come out focused. But still, looks pretty cool I think lol

IMGP0358copy.jpg

I think I was the only one in the area I was sitting that knew these were coming. I think at one point I said 'YES!!' and the people around me must've been like "Huh?! What's she yessing about??....Ohh, butterflies!"

IMGP0372copy.jpg

The VIVA piano during breakdown

IMGP0374copy.jpg

And me at the end of the night. Thanks to random girl who took the pic for me!

mecoldplayviva.jpg

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for the great reviews. anyway, i have a question: how did you guys like feel about the fact that the arena was entirely seated? I mean, what was it like being at a seated concert? I have never been to a seated concert and i'm thinking about flying to great britain to see another show ( because that's the closest they're gonna come to germany this tour) and I'm not sure if it's worth it if you guys say that the seating sucked big time...

I didn't really think it was a big issue since almost everyone stood up for the entire concert anyway. I think the only time I sat down was the mini intermission after the guys played in the one section and needed time to change and get back to the stage. Even then I was bouncing in my seat because of the sick Viva La Vida Techno Remix they were playing during the time.

pete was so nice, i posted his pic in his thread. i have only been to seated concerts, except on the floor you never sit cause the person in front of you stands and then you cant see or your the freak i am and dance the whole time so the poor schmuck behind me doesn't have a chance

The reviews are awesome guys ! Noelia I loved yours especially, I got all emotional reading it :nice: :nice: Christaaaaa, so glad you had a blast and so glad you talked to Pete :P The pic of you two with the banner is PRICELESS ! I LOVE IT !

also forgot to include in my review.. When we were talking to the security guard he told us that when Guy Berryman came out and stood in front of the stage to watch Duffy (on the 26th) , that he didn't know he was in the band so he tried to push him away from the stage... it's amazing to me that some people don't know the members of coldplay. :confused:

that's funny ! :lol: I can picture little Guy trying to explain big security guard not to kick him out because he's in the band. Haha !

Originally Posted by cold_love23;2602382

also forgot to include in my review.. When we were talking to the security guard he told us that when Guy Berryman came out and stood in front of the stage to watch Duffy (on the 26th) , that he didn't know he was in the band so he tried to push him away from the stage... it's amazing to me that some people don't know the members of coldplay.

jajajajajja

ohh poor Guy......

not even from his own shows security guys he gets some recognition...... :P

you're not nuts....i flew from ny to california to see them in concert b/c i just had to be there on their first 'official' tour date! hence the reason why i couldn't justify spending money to go to izod.

are you in this vid at 2:45?? :confused:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

^this will always haunt me for the rest of my life!

why? it's awesome that you met them. I saw that vid a couple of months ago on youtube and was like "omg I can't believe that woman came all the way from ny!!" and when you just mentioned it ^^^ I connected the two lol. your so lucky though. :)

i was on so little sleep and i promised myself that if i ever met them, i wouldn't act like a teenybopper at a n'sync or backstreet boys concert. But of course that didn't happen! I didn't realize someone was taping me until after i calmed down.

They were so kind and they exceeded my wildest expectations. I was worried that they would be stand-offish, but they weren't at all. makes me love them even more.

Hey Guys-

Terrible day today-- my voice is half gone from screaming and I feel like I will die of sleep deprivation at any given moment, but, as promised, here is my review of last night's show!

So yeah, I think I've said this before, but I have seen Coldplay twice before, Once on the Twisted Logic Tour (3/25/06) at the Izod Center (at that time it was the Continental Airlines Arena), and August 4th of this year, in Boston (needless to say, it was on the VLV tour.) I am going to just go ahead and state up front that all of them were absolutely mind-blowing; from the music, to the lights, to the confetti, to their stage presence, to Chris' bad jokes, I totally and completely loved every minute of all three of them. Seeing as the Boston show is the only other one I've been to on this tour, that show will be my reference point, or the show that I'll be comparing this one to.

Coldplay did an amazing job last night. The guys played really well, and everything just captured the feel of an amazing Coldplay show 100%. What you have to take into account, however, is that they are nearing the end of a long and tiresome tour, and I think its showed. Now, before I go on, allow me to restate how much I loved the show, and would do anything to see one more; it's just that I think the difference between seeing them towards the beginning of the tour and towards the end is quite noticable. I think that in Boston, the band had the excitement and energy of kicking off a world tour, and at this show, it seemed a little of that was lacking. I also think that the crowd wasn't as energetic or enthusiastic last night. Other than that, however, the show was flawless. They still sound amazing, and Chris never ceases to crack you up. One of the best lines from the night was "Now this song is by the Jonas Brothers; it's called The Scientist". Chris also took the time to thank us for tivoing whatever was on TV and coming to the show, because "unfortunately, you can't tivo concerts". On a more serious note, Chris expressed his wishes to Jennifer Hudson before dedicating his piano version of The Hardest Part to her, which really struck me as amazing, and showed how much they care.

The show started out like every other show has, with the background music getting louder and louder, and the four clusters of lights in the back of the stage glowing brighter every minute, finally ending in a total blackout and Life in Technicolor coming on. From here they went straight in to Violet Hill, during which I think Chris might have been just a tad off key. Then came "Clocks", with the amazing lazer light show. From there the band ran directly into In My Place and Speed of Sound, before playing Cemeteries of London, which for some unexplained reason, they didn't play at all on the first North American leg. Chinese Sleep Chant was then recieved with a lukewarm response; several people in my section sat down and took a breather. 42, which is one of my least favorite songs on VLV, was performed flawlessly last night, with sweat visibly dripping off of Chris' chin whenever the camera was on him. Then came the anthemic Fix You, and then Strawberry Swing (no graphics on the screen, odd?) before the band walked out onto the b-stage for shorter, techno versions of God Put a Smile Upon Your Face and Talk. After that was a chilling, beautiful piano rendition of The Hardest Part, with Postcards from far Away tacked on at the end. Before Chris even had time to get back to the main stage, Guy, Jonny, and Will had already started Viva La Vida. I can only wonder how tired they must be getting of performing this song night after night after night (plus countless tv appearances and other gigs). They then performed Lost! (no Jay-Z), before cheerfully jogging off stage, and into a platform in the audience which was RIGHT UNDER ME!!! Unfortunately, there was a security guard standing right in front of out section, partially blocking our view. When people asked him to move (first nicely and then not-so-nicely :D) he just laughed it off :(. After The Scientist, Will took vocals for Death Will Never Conquer, and I must say, I was blown away. I guess I never realized how talented he actually is :). After this, Coldplay left, while the Viva La Vida dance remix played, which was then interrupted by the throbbing, pulsing sound of Politik, which in my opinion was one of the best performances of the night. Then, just as I was ready for the confetti butterflies of Lovers in Japan (my favorite song off of VLV), Chris started messing around with the piano, and my friend and I both scratched our heads and thought of what he could possibly be doing. Soon, it became clear that he had started playing "Reign of Love", which i've always thought of as boring, but it sounded really good last night. Then, of course, came Lovers in Japan, which was arguably the best of the night, and Death and All his Friends. There really is no way to describe watching that VIVA banner come down, it was amazing. Then, of course, they left and we cheered them back on for one last song-- Yellow. This was done so beautifully, it is really hard to describe. The band then said their goodbyes for the last time, and soon the lights were back on and 15 people on stage, already breaking down the set for the trip to Boston.

All in all, last night was an amazing experience. I realize that many people said that the Boston show I was at was perhaps the best one on this tour, so it was a very hard act to follow. The bottom line is that Coldplay gives an amazing show at any time, and never disappoints, and last night, 10/27/08, at the Izod Center, was no exception.

Setlist:

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

---------

(B-Stage):