✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

February 7, 2012 - submitted by Alejandro, Denmark[/color][/b]

Q. Dear Oracle: why a "RIP Prospekt" icon appears on Archive section? it means something in special?

Greetings from Peru !!!! =)

The Oracle replies:

Prospekt is no longer with us but his words are in the archive.

Why does it say that he is from Denmark then? :thinking:

February 8, 2012 - submitted by Loz, United Kingdom

Q. Many of these questions are about relationships and such, so you must get bored of answering them so I ask you this: Do you like cake?

The Oracle replies:

I do like cake (banana bread & carrot cake) are my favourites. I don't get bored of answering those questions. There seems to be a need for the service so am more than happy to provide it.

You also submitted a question right before this one to ask whether the wristbands will go on sale in our shop but they don't work* without being activated them so they'd be pretty useless.

*I know that there have been a lot of people reporting that their bands have been flashing long after the show and some have started flashing out of the blue, but that's not how they're supposed to work.

February 8, 2012 - submitted by Thomas, France

Q. It's not Reign of Love that has never been played live for the Viva la Vida Tour, but Yes.

Take care.

The Oracle replies:

We actually already established last week that Reign of Love was indeed played live but you're not quite right as it goes. Yes was also played live. Maybe only once or twice but if definitely was.

February 8, 2012 - submitted by Albert, United States of America

Q. So is Prospekt dead?

The Oracle replies:

Well he's not alive. There is a video floating around where Chris & Jonny discuss how Prospekt "died" but he didn't exactly die as faded away. Which is surprising because as you may know, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

February 8, 2012 - submitted by Playcooll, India

Q. Same question again, where I can find all Coldplay songs proper interpretations?

Waiting for a reply

Thankyu.

The Oracle replies:

I know you've sent this question a few times and just want to say you only need to send a question once.

There is nowhere to find song interpretations. I'm sorry that this means quite a lot of people who don't have English as a first language won't always understand the lyrics' meanings but to be honest, even some English speakers don't.

I don't personally know of any band that openly explain their songs or have a place where the meanings are all revealed.

I have said before that one of the main reasons Chris doesn't want their lyrics in the CD booklet is because he likes fans to make their own interpretations. I know he likes to know lyrics to his favourite songs though so eventually we added all Coldplay lyrics to our site.

February 8, 2012 - submitted by Albert, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. So is Prospekt dead?

The Oracle replies:

Well he's not alive. There is a video floating around where Chris & Jonny discuss how Prospekt "died" but he didn't exactly die as faded away. Which is surprising because as you may know, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

:freak: WAT ? WHAT VIDEO ? WHICH ONE ? I don't think I've ever seen it

But it must be awesome :awesome:

And CAKE :wideeyed:

:lol:

:freak: WAT ? WHAT VIDEO ? WHICH ONE ? I don't think I've ever seen it

But it must be awesome :awesome:

And CAKE :wideeyed:

:lol:

It's an interview where Jonny and Chris talk about the Prospekt's March EP, back in 2009 I think. It's also a very special interview because it contains the first ever mention of CAR KIDS!!! :wacky: Looks like zzz found it, :awesome:

here[/url], probably somewhere in MM too I suppose :thinking:

Thank you!!! :D

It's an interview where Jonny and Chris talk about the Prospekt's March EP, back in 2009 I think. It's also a very special interview because it contains the first ever mention of CAR KIDS!!! :wacky: Looks like zzz found it, :awesome:

CAR KIDS ?! Oh, so that's when it all began...:awesome:

:wideeyed:

February 8, 2012 - submitted by Thomas, France[/color][/b]

Q. It's not Reign of Love that has never been played live for the Viva la Vida Tour, but Yes.

Take care.

The Oracle replies:

We actually already established last week that Reign of Love was indeed played live but you're not quite right as it goes. Yes was also played live. Maybe only once or twice but if definitely was.

Yes live has a fantastic ending :wacky:

Thank you!!! :D

CAR KIDS ?! Oh, so that's when it all began...:awesome:

:wideeyed:

you're welcome :)

Oh God I should not have watched that interview. :bomb:

We have a great new song...and we all like the lyrics of that song...it's called Car Kids. :bomb:

When? :bomb:

I think they are definitely saving it for a PM-like EP. And it's as good as CB. Cos he said the same about CB's lyrics.

February 9, 2012 - submitted by Sydney, United States of America

Q. To the most loving-est, caring-est, best-est Oracle EVER!!!

I'm a Ballerina, and I'm ab-so-LUTE-ly in love with Coldplay. We sometimes have to compose our own dances for class, and next time, I want to use a Coldplay song. I need one that's somewhat soft and really flowy, and it can't be longer than 2 1/2 minutes. I hope you can help out.

Love, A ballet-dancing Coldplayer.

The Oracle replies:

Nice complimentary start to the day, thanks Syd!

The first song that popped into my head was

but it's too long. for you

Postcards From Far Away would tick all your boxes regarding time and your description of "somewhat soft and really flowy".

February 9, 2012 - submitted by Nathan, United States of America

Q. Oracle,

I have a pretty deep question. So, here it goes. I have a great God-given talent in swimming, but it's a talent I don't particularly want. I honestly hate swimming but I do it because I don't want to waste my talent, and everyone has high expectations for me. If I quit, I might be happier, but on the other hand, I will have let everyone else down and wasted my talent. What should I do? If I'm not doing something I enjoy, is it worth doing?

Thanks,

Nathan

The Oracle replies:

I do tend to be of the belief that if you have a talent, use it. I also have a theory that when you're young it's easy to rebel against something you feel pressurized into doing. Some things I gave up that now with hindsight and age I have come to regret!

I think there's a chance you wouldn't hate it if you chose to swim rather than feel like you have to swim. Hopefully you'll have a long time on this earth so I'd make sure you're happy with how you spend that time.

Life isn't about living by others' plans and dreams for you. You therefore won't be letting anyone down if you know it's not making you happy. If you stand by your decision and live by it, that's all you need to feel right about.

As you have a natural talent, if indeed you change your mind, you may be able to return to it - outside a competitive level - at a later time.

February 9, 2012 - submitted by Josh, United Kingdom

Q. Dear Oracle, a couple of questions which will test your Coldplay knowledge.

Firstly, Ron Niblett (who produced the Safety EP) said there were 8 tracks recorded for the EP and they picked 3. What were the other 5? Did they get lost or did they go onto The Blue Room/Parachutes?

Secondly, on the Timeline there is a video relating to Coldplay/Starfish's first gig at The Laurel Tree. In the video there is a song playing with lyrics "there goes another day...", do they have a lot of unreleased old songs recorded and is there any way of getting them/could you envisage them ever being released somehow?

Thanks!

Josh

The Oracle replies:

I have a cassette in storage about 200 miles away from me containing the songs recorded at that time. So Sad (the one you quoted from), Vitamins, Panic, High Speed spring to mind immediately but I am only guessing the other song was If All Else.

Panic became Don't Panic and High Speed was re-recorded twice before it ended up on Parachutes but wasn't initially considered.

As I've said before, there are a lot of unreleased songs but as for this little lot, they won't be released.