✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

April 13, 2012 - submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom

Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE?

When I answer questions of a personal nature, Coldplay.com readers often get in touch with their own thoughts. So, we now have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday (with the question asker's permission) we open up a question to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I'll post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply.

ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to [email protected] before midnight Thursday 19th April.

A few months ago I had a fallout with someone I love. Since then, I've seen this person everyday, and everyday we walk right by each other as if we were strangers. It absolutely kills me. The one thing that we will always have in common is that we are adamant Coldplay fans. How can I reconnect with this person? I truly am desperate. Thanks in advance. Christina. UK.

Look forward to seeing your replies.

The Oracle

The Oracle replies:

Please email your replies to [email protected]

April 13, 2012 - submitted by Gabriella, Brazil

Q. TEAM ORACLE QUESTION #66

This week my parents had a major fight. I watched it all, and it's been very painful for me since then. I always thought they had a good - not perfect, but a good relationship, and suddenly, everything seems to be going down. I see both of them very unhappy and mad at each other, and I do feel like I have to pick one side of this story. But I could never do something like that. I just wanted to stay quiet about it all, but they keep telling me how sad they are with each other, and I just feel completely lost. I do disagree with many actions of both, but I'm not strong enough to tell them - especially my dad. And the idea of a divorce couldn't be worse for me. Do you have any idea of what can I do, if there's any way to help them?

The Oracle replies:

You know what, Gabriella? I think you've been put in a tricky situation rather than placing yourself there. It sounds as if your parents have somehow stuck you in the middle of their fight. It is THEIR fight so I'm afraid that it's not down to you to pick sides or find a way to help them. They need to help themselves.

Try to bear in mind that couples do fall out and they do have pressures from time to time that will manifest themselves as rows. This could be a minor blip and nothing for you to worry about.

If you feel it's more serious than that and you feel strong enough, talk to them together or write them a letter to tell them how torn you feel. Ask them if this is just an argument or if you should worry about their future together. You have a right to ask that but not to expect anything more.

You may think your parents would benefit from mediation but you're not the person to do that.

If they fight in front of you, perhaps interject and ask that they respectfully don't or at least, try not to. If that doesn't work, I suggest you tell them you are leaving the room and listen to music to drown it out.

Your split loyalty is totally understandable and you may have decided who you think is wrong and right but let me tell you something from experience... Whatever you think you know and whatever you see and hear does not mean you have the complete picture. The truth is theirs so your snapshots of what's going on won't necessarily be what's actually going on.

Try to stay out of it other than to let them know what impact their arguing is having on you.

Remember, even if divorce sounds like the worst thing in the world - and it may not come to that - think if it meant your parents weren't sad any longer, maybe you'd eventually see it can sometimes be the best solution for the entire family.

Over to you.

I am sorry you are caught in the middle of this situation. Of course we all want our parents to be happy and getting along, but sadly this is not always realistic. Many things can cause discord in a marriage; stress and money problems, or one mate may be going through a mid-life crisis. All these things can cause problems. Some disagreements in a marriage are normal and to be expected, but if this turns into a tense situation where the two can't be in the same room with out fighting some help may be needed. THEY need to get this help as it is THEIR marriage. You are not the cause of the problem and it may be too big for you to solve and it is not your responsibility anyway. The most important thing you can do is tell them how you feel when you see them fight. Let them know how it upsets you and how insecure it makes you feel. It may make them think. Gabriella what will happen with this is what will happen, I would love to tell you it will be alright, but sadly many times it is not and it may be a sad time but you will survive it. Life changes and so will you, I wish the best for you, Laurie.

Gabriella, I am very sorry about the hard time you're going through right now. But you know, sometimes these things happen in families - the parents drift apart. Every once in a while, they manage to work it out. Other times, they go their separate ways (which, by the way, doesn't mean the end of your family) - many parents who have separated still manage to have a decent relationship. So, if the worst happens, don't assume that your life will become painful. It just means that things weren't meant to be the way you thought. What you can do is let them know how you feel. Let them know that you love them. Let them know that you want them to figure it out, together. Let them know whatever you feel is right. As long as they're aware of your support, love and hope, things will be okay, in one way or another. Keep in mind that your parents probably love you more than anything, so whatever happens... you'll always have that. Stay strong. Sincerely, Medina.

Gabriella, you're right not to take sides and don't let them pull you into their fight. Just love them both, taking sides only boosts one side and alienates the other. Many people look to another person, in this case their spouse to make them happy. The only one who can make us happy is ourselves. We are the key holders to our own happiness. A relationship should enhance and support who we are, not be who we are. I don't know their situation, many times one wants to grow by changing jobs, going back to school, etc. and the spouse doesn't like change, fear of the unknown and fights against it, not realizing this fighting against it, will bring the biggest change, a split in the family. If you feel you need to say something to your parents try "Please look at Mom's/Dad's side and perspective, then really put yourself in each other's place." Usually one of the underlining problems is fear. Understanding where each other is coming from and how they are feeling on both sides, will help them to negotiate with each other for a win/win solution. I'm not saying all things will be solved, they maybe too stubborn to see each other's point of view. They should probably seek marriage counseling. Remember, they both love you and love them; maybe your example of unconditional love will help. Dawn.

I totally understand what you're going through, it happened to me too. It is very important that you don't feel obligated to pick one side of the story. Keep in mind that their fights have nothing to do with you, and getting involved won't do you any good. Maybe you should try to talk to your mom privately, if you think that she will react well. In my case I'm closer to my dad, so I approached the topic with him, and I tried to make him realize his mistakes. He agreed with me in many things, and promised me that he would try his best. I also found the courage to talk to my mom, but she didn't respond as well as my dad. At least I knew that I had done what I could to help them, but the rest they had to figure it out by themselves. What I'm trying to say is that you must never feel guilty if they aren't able to solve their problems. It is totally unnecessary for you to hear them complaining about each other. My parents used to do that with me, until I asked them to stop because it made me sad, and it kept them thinking about their problems all day long, which simply made things worse. Try not to think about the divorce, which is the worst scenario. My parents were able to work it out, I really hope yours too. J Sincerely, Carla from Venezuela.

Gabriella, im sorry to hear about what you're going through. As much as you feel you do, you dont have to pick a side. Your parents are adults and only they can work things out themselves. If you do feel pressured into taking sides, I suggest talking to them and telling them both how negatively it's affected you. I understand the idea of divorce upsets you, however, divorce can be a good thing sometimes. Unfortunately, because neither you or your parents are happy, change will most likely come. Whether or not its divorce, it does mean something different, and you must try your best to understand it. Try to keep in mind that it's not because of your actions, but the relationship between them that you aren't responsible for. As for helping them, let them know how much they mean to you and that they aren't alone. You can also recommend that they go to marriage counseling which could help a lot. Remember that they'll always be your parents no matter what. Hope it works out well for you. Love, Darem.

My parents would get into fights, too, but something always amazed me, where they would always start each day off anew, and put all of their differences aside, each time the sun rose. Your parents may not think to do that, but that doesn't mean you can't influence that. If you carry a cheery disposition, when you're around your parents, then you can have a lot of influence to them.

Don't pick a side, just try to bring them together for different reasons, they may be at ends with each other, but they won't let that interfere with their parenting to you, and that is a great way to get them to bond. My major suggestion is to remind them that you need them, and try to cheer them up. Find something they can both get along with, and use that to establish a good foundation to fixing this. Best wishes, Bradley H.

Friend, sincerely it is painful to see a high level fight, but in every family there is normal discussions.

Maybe between your parents that love never existed because it is impossible to love a person is finished. If your parents love, their love will never end.

Whenever things happen for a reason and when this one fight just keep silent until the end, and when the fight ends wait for the two to calm down and talk to them with care and understanding. A parent like to talk to their children, the best tool to solve problems is through dialogue. If that does not seek a professional who can help as a psychologist.

If you feel that they will not work relationship must be separated and if after that are comfortable, the best thing is that they may divorce.

Maybe it's something hard for you but it will be harder to be watching those fights. I hope they solve the problems. Kenia. (*Thanks for resending in English, Kenia. O.)

Try to stay united to both of your parents. Don't choose to defend one or the other. Children should never get involved in adults' issues.

Also, talk to them and beg them not to make you be part of it. Ask for it in a good way. Telling you the problems will just worsen things and make you awfully uncomfortable.

I don't think you should speak out and tell your opinion in this kind of cases, just leave it to them.

Of course, you can support them by trying to bring happiness and good energy to the house, by trying to dispel the bad vibes and don't add any negativity.

As for your very self, I know you mustn't be having a good time...

Blows like this make you stronger and somehow grow up and become more mature.

Never give up, keep smiling even when things get out of your hands, and keep on living your life in spite of it all. Hope this helps a little bit. Love, Caro.

I've been in your shoes and I know exactly how you feel. The relationship your parents have with each other is completely independent of their relationship with you at the moment. Let them work it out. Remember it's your parent's conflict, so don't feel obligated in choosing one side over the other. I'm sure they undertstand that this stress is nearly unbearable for everyone involved, so don't feel hesitant to talk to them about how you feel. If it's difficult to engage your parents directly, you can write a letter to each parent to better express yourself. Whatever action you take, make sure that you give your parents as much love and comfort as you can because they need you now more than ever. Warm regards, Blake.

Thanks to all those who wrote replies. Team Oracle is open to anyone so if you fancy replying, click to read this week's question, and send us your answer.

April 16, 2012 - submitted by Robert, United States of America

Q. Please answer! I'm begging you (this is extremely important to me)!!

1st: Is there any validity to this?:

2nd: If there is... HOW CAN I GET A HOLD OF THIS BEFORE THE RELEASE IS SOLD OUT?!?!?!?

I would really really really appreciate it if you could enlighten me with an answer. much thanks, Rob

The Oracle replies:

Oops, looks like someone forgot to tell me the name of the release...

April 16, 2012 - submitted by Lisa, United Kingdom

Q. Since I read the question concerning the AROBTTH singles' cover art, I have been itching to ask if the album cover was Solve Sundsbo's portrait of Phil Harvey? Coldplay does have five official members and I was wondering if he was depicted on the album cover as Jonny, Will, Chris, and Guy were for the single artwork.

I hope your day is filled with joy!

-Lisa

The Oracle replies:

Phil isn't depicted in any of the AROBTTH artwork - not singles or album.

Although we now call Phil the 5th member of the band, that wasn't the case when AROBTTH was released; he was then their manager before taking a hiatus from all things Coldplay.

April 16, 2012 - submitted by Andrew, United States of America

Q. I listened to Brothers and Sisters on YouTube and it sounds like a different mix than my CD. is that the case, or is it only my imagination?

The Oracle replies:

There are actually 3 versions of Brothers & Sisters - not mixes - although only 2 of those are available to buy.

There was the original demo of 1998 followed by the Fierce Panda single version in 1999. A re-recording of the song also appeared as a b side to Trouble in 2000.

April 16, 2012 - submitted by Robert, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Please answer! I'm begging you (this is extremely important to me)!!

1st: Is there any validity to this?:

2nd: If there is... HOW CAN I GET A HOLD OF THIS BEFORE THE RELEASE IS SOLD OUT?!?!?!?

I would really really really appreciate it if you could enlighten me with an answer. much thanks, Rob

The Oracle replies:

Oops, looks like someone forgot to tell me the name of the release...

I think he meant the Record Store Day Release there :P

But I don't think she'd answer that question. NO RSD announcement until firday I think

April 17, 2012 - submitted by James, United Kingdom

Q. Dear Oracle, why is the UK tour so short compared to the US tour? All of the bands tickets are sold out in the MEN as far as I know and so is London plus I live in Liverpool so the only realistic place is Manchester, always wanted to go and see the band live and will now have to wait until their next tour :/

The Oracle replies:

The USA is in the top 5 countries listed by area while the UK is hanging around the #80 mark. There is a vast difference in size of the countries for starters!

By the way, if you've been looking at tickets for Manchester's M.E.N, you definitely won't find tickets as they're playing the Etihad Stadium.

Keep trying, there may be tickets available or other fans may not be able to go so don't give up just yet.

April 17, 2012 - submitted by Heather, Canada

Q. I was wondering if Guy Berryman took any sort of a production role during the making of MX. At first I thought this was an unworthy question to ask because of the pressence of other producers like Markus Dravs, Rik Simpson, Dan Green, & Brian Eno during the creation of the album. However, when I thought of Guy's involvement in producing The Pierces, James Levy & The Blood Red Rose, and Apparatjik, I thought I should ask you to clarify.

Thanks you so much!

The Oracle replies:

Actually Heather, the whole band get involved on the production side of things and always have - even on Parachutes.

April 17, 2012 - submitted by Georg, Germany

Q. Hi there,

as I see myself as a Coldplay fan and especially loved the atmosphere at the live performance (December 2011 in Cologne, and there are more concerts for me to come), I bought the Violet Hill DVD released in late 2011.

It turns out that the quality of this DVD is bad, bad, bad in every aspect (image ratio, sound quality, wrong song titles...).

Why did Coldplay approve something that bad and disappointing? Is it just about the money for them, or is it possible they don't even know of it?

Why not publish something as beautiful as Coldplay Live 2003 again?

The Oracle replies:

Coldplay DID NOT approve the Violet Hill DVD - I have never even heard of it. There are countless bootlegs and illegal recordings around but only one official DVD and that's the one you mentioned: Coldplay - Live 2003.

There hasn't been anything that came close to that since but it doesn't mean there never ever will be.

April 17, 2012 - submitted by wsal, Canada

Q. I just love Glass of Water, it's gotta be my top 3 favourite Coldplay songs and actually top 3 song in general!!

Since, I love it so much I wanted to know whether Coldplay likes to play that song and whether they do on tour?

Thanks a bunch!!

The Oracle replies:

Well, Phil has tweeted "Need suggestions for acoustic bit in middle of the show", so maybe you could suggest Glass of Water? Or anything else for that matter...

April 17, 2012 - submitted by Georg, Germany[/color][/b]

Q. Hi there,

as I see myself as a Coldplay fan and especially loved the atmosphere at the live performance (December 2011 in Cologne, and there are more concerts for me to come), I bought the Violet Hill DVD released in late 2011.

It turns out that the quality of this DVD is bad, bad, bad in every aspect (image ratio, sound quality, wrong song titles...).

Why did Coldplay approve something that bad and disappointing? Is it just about the money for them, or is it possible they don't even know of it?

Why not publish something as beautiful as Coldplay Live 2003 again?

The Oracle replies:

Coldplay DID NOT approve the Violet Hill DVD - I have never even heard of it. There are countless bootlegs and illegal recordings around but only one official DVD and that's the one you mentioned: Coldplay - Live 2003.

There hasn't been anything that came close to that since but it doesn't mean there never ever will be.

No.. :P:D

April 18, 2012 - submitted by Meagan, United States of America

Q. Does Phil tour with the band or does he only work with them in the studio?

The Oracle replies:

Both. There may be the odd occasion when Phil's not on tour but generally he is. He's not always sat in every studio session either, but he'll be around and very much a part of it all.

April 18, 2012 - submitted by Maya, United States of America

Q. What are Coldplay fans called? Like, Coldplayers? And if we don't have a name, we should make one!

The Oracle replies:

I know Lady Gaga has her Monsters and Justin has his Beliebers but "we" don't have a name for Coldplay fans. Chris obviously says you are the best fans in the world but it's fans who refer to themselves as Coldplayers.

April 18, 2012 - submitted by Robert, United States of America

Q. That's odd... I could have sworn I pasted you the link. I sincerely apologize for my error*. Anyways here it is.

*(Just in case it doesn't post this time) I am referring to the Up With The Birds / U.F.O. single that's going to be released for Record Store Day supposedly containing live renditions of both tracks.

The Oracle replies:

Ah, hello again Robert. To remind anyone in case they missed this yesterday, Robert asked:

"Is there any validity to this? 2nd: If there is... HOW CAN I GET A HOLD OF THIS BEFORE THE RELEASE IS SOLD OUT?"

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought I had gone mad. Yes, it just so happens that it is true and all the info you need is on the Record Store Day website.

April 19, 2012 - submitted by Hannah, United Kingdom

Q. Hi

Phil tweeted before about there being another concert DVD, do you have any idea where they're thinking about filming the concert yet? Or any other information regarding the DVD?

Thanks, its pretty exciting!

The Oracle replies:

No, that's why Phil tweeted "...but where to film it?"

Feel free to tweet him back with your suggestions - others have.

It is exciting, you're right. I personally cannot wait!

I have no news for you. It's a case of watch this space. Well, not *this* space obviously, just keep an eye on the website and twitter in the coming weeks & months.

April 19, 2012 - submitted by Meghan, United States of America

Q. What time does Coldplay take the stage? We have tickets for Seattle, but my daughter has to play the flute in her school band concert and we need to know if we'll still have time to get there for them or if we should just try to sell our tickets. We'd be bummed to do it, but we don't want to miss half the show and there's no way our 14-year-old can get out of her school performance. Thanks in advance.

The Oracle replies:

Here's the info for States dates:

Doors 5pm

The Pierces 7pm

Metronomy 7:45pm

Coldplay 9pm - 11pm

April 19, 2012 - submitted by John B, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle, there was a CD sale at my university, and among the hundreds of used CDs I found a Coldplay album entitled Live In 2001. The man selling it said it was unreleased, and I bought it out a curiosity. Is it in any way official, or a bootleg of some sort?

The Oracle replies:

Much like the DVD answer I gave t'other day, the CD you have is an unofficial bootleg. The DVD in 2003 did have a special edition with a bonus live CD. That later became available as a separate entity - that's the only official live release.

We also gave away LRLRL which was also a live recording.

April 20, 2012 - submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom

Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE?

When I answer questions of a personal nature, Coldplay.com readers often get in touch with their own thoughts. So, we now have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday (with the question asker's permission) we open up a question to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I'll post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply.

ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to [email protected] before midnight Thursday 26th April.

My life has changed so much in the past 10 years that sometimes I feel kind of lost. I'm divorced since 2004, have a 9 years old girl and my business is ok but I feel empty and need to make a change in my life but how to change your soul in the way that you can be happy every moment? Thank you in advance. Gutty, Brazil.

Look forward to seeing your replies.

The Oracle

The Oracle replies:

Please email your replies to [email protected]

April 20, 2012 - submitted by Christina, United Kingdom

Q. TEAM ORACLE QUESTION #67

A few months ago I had a fallout with someone I love. Since then, I've seen this person everyday, and everyday we walk right by each other as if we were strangers. It absolutely kills me. The one thing that we will always have in common is that we are adamant Coldplay fans. How can I reconnect with this person? I truly am desperate. Thanks in advance. Christina.

The Oracle replies:

It's not clear whether the person is a girl or a boy, a friend or someone you dated. I will answer as if it's your best friend because to be honest, my answer wouldn't be much different if it was more than that.

It takes a big person to say sorry. Or if you don't feel you've anything to apologize for, you could still be the first to break the silence; it sounds like you want to. The thing is, friendships do end and sometimes there's no going back. You know the full extent of what happened so you may see better than I whether the damage is irreparable. People can be stubborn at times and if we don't swallow our pride, things can fester. As it's been a few months since you fought, it may be tough but is it worth it? If your friendship is valuable to you then maybe you could just smile and say "hi" the next time you walk by each other. If they blank you, it could be they weren't prepared for it so do the same again the next time. If it still doesn't work, you could always write a letter or maybe make a silly video and say what you like. Or perhaps send your favourite Coldplay song with a short note. You may have to face that they may not want to reconcile but if you don't do anything, you won't know either way.

One thing though, if your bond is the band, look into what the rest of the friendship was about as it might be simply time to let it go. Over to you.

Before you reconnect with this person make a question: Are you sure you love him? And then seeing that you're a fan of Coldplay... you may find tickets for a concert, even if it is a bit difficult. Or you could invite him to dinner, listening to their CDs. Hope that was helpful. Silvia.

I'm willing to bet that you aren't alone with these feelings. If you've been walking by each other for a couple of months, then they are probably feeling the same way you do. From what I'm getting, it sounds like you two are just waiting for someone to say something, and if you don't initiate this, then who knows how long this will get drawn out?

A simple "Hey, how have you been?" will suffice. Make it clear that you miss being around them, and the times you spent together before.

If you two hit it off, in this conversation, then before you know it, you'll be back to the way things were, but if their "wounds" haven't fully healed, then it may take some time, but as long as you make it clear that you miss them, things between you two should begin returning to normal.

Also, don't be afraid to apologize, if need be, even if you feel that you don't need to, having your friend back would be much more worth it.

Best wishes, Bradley H.

I suggest reaching out to the person, in a simple way. I don't know what happened or whose fault the fallout was, but if you really want to get the person back, I think you should reach out and just try to start over. You're both Coldplay fans? Perfect! Just say hi and bring up something about one of the band's more recent music videos or a song that you've been listening to a lot lately... any little thing works! Maybe this person misses you as well, but is just afraid to take the first step. So you bringing up a mutual interest and reaching out again could save whatever sort of relationship you had/have. There is no harm in trying. I'd like to quote a truly beautiful Coldplay song (with a sentence that happens to be my life-motto); "If you never try, you'll never know". That couldn't be more true. When you make an effort, you have done what you can. If this person doesn't do or say anything in return, then I think you should attempt to let go. Trust me, whatever happens you'll know you tried and will therefore feel no regret. Good luck. Medina.

Christina, I would need some background in order to provide you a proper advice, but I'll try to judge the situation as you presented it. On one hand, however disappointing it can sound, sometimes there's nothing to do when a relationship doesn't work anymore. Sometimes no matter how much things in common you had in the past, friendships and relationships can fall apart. I'm not saying you can't get it back. I think you should analyze the situation.

I don't know if it was a little fight or a really heavy argument the one you had. In the first case, I think you should both try to ease you arrogance and give way to a reconciliation.

In the second case, if you think it's irreversible, the best thing would be to end things in good terms. I mean, try to talk things out so at least you can wave your hand when seeing each other, or exchange some words without feeling uncomfortable.

People come and go in our lives... only a few stay with us forever.

The precious moments you shared will never go away. That's what I'm learning from my own experience, and what I see from others.

So, I wish you the best, wish you can reconnect with this person.

But if you really see you missed the sparks along the way, don't go desperate.

Try to sort it out, especially your feelings and soul. Love, Caro.

Sorry to hear that you & your loved one are strangers to one another. Surely, there must be a way to mend your broken heart. If you're certain that the future holds something bright for the two of you, try to make amends & you'll at least feel better that you made the effort. Chances are, your friend wants to reconnect with you as well.

If it's too difficult to break the ice by directly speaking to him, write a letter instead. It'll give you the opportunity to express what you want to without feeling anxious about talking to him. You could slip the note in his pocket the next time you pass by each other. Or, what with you being adamant Coldplay fans, you could drop off a box of strawberries to his home or workplace, or give him a bouquet of balloons the same colours as the ones in the Christmas Lights video. Or, something from whatever is his favourite song that would show your affection for him. Best of luck to you, Dizzy bells.

It's always hard when you're dying to reach out to someone. A situation like this can easily become awkward so you should take baby steps. Just saying "hi" next time you walk by, or waving, or even smiling can be a good start. As you are both Coldplay fans, you could eventually just strike up a conversation about them. I don't think that would be too difficult considering the boys have just started touring and are going to be everywhere. However, I would be cautious about expectations. You say you love them, which you may, but it might just be that you miss their company and those are two very different things. Although you don't mention exactly why you stopped talking to this person, I'm sure there's a reason, so I'd just really think about my feelings towards them before reconnecting with them. Wish you the best. Love, Darm.

I think you just need to talk to this person no matter how afraid of doing that you are. Life's too short to not even try. You won't be any worse off than you are now even if they choose not to talk to you back. You never know, they may be feeling the same way? Faye.

Thanks to everyone once again. Remember, Team Oracle is open to anyone so if you fancy replying, click to read this week's question, and send us your answer.

April 23, 2012 - submitted by Mark, United Kingdom

Q. Hello Oracle, a while back I told you about a girl who I had liked for a while and had finally worked up courage to ask out, well she said no and told me she just wanted to be friends, she seemed and does still seem sincere so I've decided to give friendship at chance as we really do get on very well, next year we both plan to go to wales for university and she has asked me to be her flat mate next year, should I say yes, i.e I've told her it's no big deal her not liking me back etc and I believe this, but it would be awkward to have her bringing potential dates over.

The Oracle replies:

DO NOT live with this girl. Please promise me you aren't secretly hoping that one day the friendship will bloom into romance?

Why inflict this torture on yourself? I think it's pretty daft of her to even ask you to be honest. If you have strong feelings for her and then share your living space with her, you will be putting yourself in a very unhealthy situation. By all means stay friends but keep it at a safe distance. I'm not even sure staying friends will work out for you if you love her so please tread carefully.

April 23, 2012 - submitted by Adelaide, United States of America

Q. Respectable Oracle,

How is it that we, as Coldplayers, are asked to upload pictures and videos to update the Live Archive when cameras are not allowed? Or is it assumed that we all own smart-ish cellular devices? I am not trying to be facetious, just wondering how others have gotten by sneaking these shots because I am seriously contemplating smuggling a memory catcher *cough* into the Coldplay concert I am soon attending.

Love always,

Adelaide

The Oracle replies:

Who says you're not allowed to take a camera? Apart from camera phones which I know many people do have these days, you are allowed to take cameras - as long as they're not full professional kit. Leave the telephoto lens at home but snap away and then share your pics via Live Transmission.

April 23, 2012 - submitted by Christian, Germany

Q. Hey Oracle, I've seen the picture of the crew vs. band football match Roadie #42 posted on his blog. I was wondering if this is the whole crew for the tour 'cause it seems like few people to manage such a big thing like a world tour.

The Oracle replies:

Gosh no, Christian, you're quite right to assume that's too few people for a huge tour; that's nowhere near the full crew. There are 2 crews taking 2 stages, plus backline crew as well as a local crew at each venue. I should imagine the number of people it takes to put on a show of this scale is well into the 3 figure area. The backline crew who make up the crew football team is considerably smaller.