✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

April 5, 2012 - submitted by Ellen, Netherlands

Q. Hi Oracle!

I'm going to London next week on the 10th and 11th of April and I am planning on visiting The Bakery then. Is there any chance that the guys will be there during that time? Because if there isn't, I'd rather spend my time discovering London;)

Love, Ellen

The Oracle replies:

Discover London, they won't be there!

April 5, 2012 - submitted by Samuel, United Kingdom

Q. Dear Oracle

What is Steritonin? Everyone mumbles when I ask them...

Ta

The Oracle replies:

I think you mean serotonin. I don't know why anyone would mumble - maybe they don't know what it is but don't want to say that. It's linked to mood so maybe that could be the reason.

Anyway, now you have the correct spelling you can use your preferred search engine to learn more about it.

April 5, 2012 - submitted by Abby, Philippines

Q. Dear Oracle,

I read a quote from AROBTTH Wikipedia page lately, which says that "For the album's singles, Martin asked Sundsbo what he could do; the latter suggested scanning the head of each member of the band". Then I check out the pictures of the single covers (In My Place, GPASUYF, The Scientist, and Clocks), but I couldn't tell which faces of band members was among what single cover . I could only guess about it. My question is if which head was taken for which single cover? Please Answer. Thanks :)

Abby, Philippines

The Oracle replies:

Solve Sundsbo's artwork for AROBTTH and its subsequent singles is quite abstract. I do struggle myself to work out the covers for In My Place & Clocks but I have no doubt about Will & Guy's likeness.

Here's what I think:

In My Place - Jonny

The Scientist - Will

Clocks - Chris

GPASUYF - Guy

April 5, 2012 - submitted by Ellen, Netherlands[/color][/b]

Q. Hi Oracle!

I'm going to London next week on the 10th and 11th of April and I am planning on visiting The Bakery then. Is there any chance that the guys will be there during that time? Because if there isn't, I'd rather spend my time discovering London;)

Love, Ellen

The Oracle replies:

Discover London, they won't be there!

Oh, it's Ellen :awesome:

I'm there from the 13th to the 15th...If they aren't there on the 10th or 11th, I guess they won't be there either when I'm there... :\

Oh, it's Ellen :awesome:

I'm there from the 13th to the 15th...If they aren't there on the 10th or 11th, I guess they won't be there either when I'm there... :\

Yeah, it was me :lol: Nice that you're going as well! If they are there when you're there, you have to call me. I'll fly to London straight away! :P

^Aw, great that she answered.:)

Odds are they'll already be over here doing advance promo and prep for the tour. But have fun in London!:D

Yeah, I didn't expect her to :)

And that was my guess as well.. but I'll be visiting the Bakery anyway, just wanna see it in real life instead of on pictures;) & thanks!

April 10, 2012 - submitted by Chloe, Hong Kong

Q. Dear Oracle, the mighty mighty Oracle,

Hello there! :)

Since the London Olympics is coming I wondered if the boys would stay in London a few days to watch the games? Or, are they on tour at that time?

All the best,

Chloe

The Oracle replies:

The first part of the Olympics run from 27th July to 12th August the duration of which the band will be on tour. They're performing in Montreal at the start and will play St. Paul the day before the closing ceremony.

April 10, 2012 - submitted by Kristin, United States of America

Q. Hey Oracle!!

Is roadie 42 going to be posting blogs again about the places Coldplay go to during the tour? Like he did in 2009?

It was really cool, almost like you were there with them. :)

Thanks again,

Xo Kristin

The Oracle replies:

He will indeed but #42 doesn't write about every show so please don't be disappointed if any particular one doesn't get the personal touch.

April 10, 2012 - submitted by Ellie, United Kingdom

Q. In the building where ETIAW was filmed, was the graffiti kept on the walls, or did it have to be washed off?

The Oracle replies:

I have never been to the filming location as it's behind a Private Property sign but a friend of mine who lives close by informs me that evidence of the video is left behind though not all of the graffiti remains.

April 11, 2012 - submitted by Ryan, Australia

Q. Hi Oracle,

I was just wondering why are there two music videos for Trouble?

The Oracle replies:

The

video was deemed too dark for the U.S audiences so a second one was made. The second bears more than a passing resemblance to their video for

Don't Panic as both were directed by Tim Hope.

April 11, 2012 - submitted by Vickie, Czech Republic

Q. Dear Oracle,

I love Coldplay's colorful video clips and I was wondering, how long does it take to create one like Every Teardrop is a Waterfall or Strawberry Swing? It seems really complicated with all the colors and I can imagine how time consuming it may be. I would also like to ask if there is/are some artist/s helping with those clips?

Thank you,

Vickie :)

The Oracle replies:

I'll start with the ones you mentioned, the actual filming of

took 2 days in London.

Even though both had significant live artwork taking place around the action, the Strawberry Swing video took much longer. Chris was only on set for one day of filming (after costume fittings etc. but there was a lot of prep. That video was also particularly difficult because of all the chalk drawings that were done and the frame by frame technique.

Videos can be very time consuming but the band don't always have a lot of time so their involvement would usually be 1-2 days depending on the schedule and of course what they are needed for. Behind the scenes however there is a lot of preparation and after the shoot, editing and whatnot.

Videos like Fix You & Lost which both feature live footage usually only involve the band performing the song twice on a couple of nights and again, it's the other shots and editing that take longer to complete the final film.

The Scientist took a month to prepare (it was also the length of time it took for Chris to learn the lyrics backwards) and a further 2 weeks of work.

Yellow's video was a 12-hour day but took less than an hour to shoot - running through the song 5 times.

Each video will not only have band input but the director's who will also work with a team of people to get the look just right so yes, there are artists (in a broader sense of the word) involved.

April 11, 2012 - submitted by Ryan, Australia

Q. Hi Oracle,

I was just wondering why are there two music videos for Trouble?

The Oracle replies:

The

video was deemed too dark for the U.S audiences so a second one was made. The second bears more than a passing resemblance to their video for

Don't Panic as both were directed by Tim Hope.

i never really understood why the first one is too dark...

the second one has a lot of creepy stuff in it...

b6x4pg.jpg

April 12, 2012 - submitted by Andres, Mexico

Q. Hi my dear Oracle, from Mexico saludos amigo.

My question: is this real and can I get it?

I love this song and i want this physical cd. Is it authentic?

Thanks.

See ya

The Oracle replies:

Yes, it's authentic but you can't buy it as it's a promo copy only so not available for purchase - sorry! If you do see it for sale on certain sites, it won't be an official release. It should not be for resale.

April 12, 2012 - submitted by Natalie S, United States of America

Q. Hello there, Oracle!

I was wondering if the artwork for Mylo Xyloto (like that whole painted wall in the CD booklet thing) is a real wall or if it was made in some kind of photo editing software... or both. I think I heard that Will Champion did a lot of painting for the sets and stage props and what not but I was just curious because I absolutely love the style. I'm currently working on my own sort of drawing/painting thing inspired by that painted wall. Or whatever it may be. Thank you! :)

The Oracle replies:

The graffiti wall does exist although it is 9 panels that make it whole. There's no digital trickery, it's all real spray paint.

Will didn't take on a leading role, they were all involved in creating it and the ideas behind it. There are individual touches here and there but Paris painted the sets and instruments.

April 12, 2012 - submitted by Andres, Mexico[/color][/b]

Q. Hi my dear Oracle, from Mexico saludos amigo.

My question: is this real and can I get it?

I love this song and i want this physical cd. Is it authentic?

Thanks.

See ya

The Oracle replies:

Yes, it's authentic but you can't buy it as it's a promo copy only so not available for purchase - sorry! If you do see it for sale on certain sites, it won't be an official release. It should not be for resale.

I didn't know these were for real! I thought they were fanmade or whatever. Damnit, more to collect...sigh