✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Have you joined yet? 6 hours until this week's <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TeamOracle&src=hash">#TeamOracle</a> closes: <a href="http://t.co/bjyQIkTNjO">http://t.co/bjyQIkTNjO</a></p>— The Oracle (@ColdplayOracle) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayOracle/statuses/451766303586779136">April 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Who wants to join this week's <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TeamOracle&src=hash">#TeamOracle</a>? Reply by 10 April to help Cristine deal with responsibility. Details here: <a href="http://t.co/TQTN4p0CGx">http://t.co/TQTN4p0CGx</a></p>— The Oracle (@ColdplayOracle) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayOracle/statuses/452104409984819202">April 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

4 April 2014 / submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom

Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE?

As you may know, we have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday we open questions of a personal nature to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply.

ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to [email protected] before midnight (GMT) Thursday 10th April.

I have been listening to Coldplay since 2006, which is the year when my godfather (who was also my uncle and someone I used to consider my father) passed away. I was only 12. Since he died, I have developed a strange sense that I should be responsible for myself as much as possible, and give my parents the least trouble as I can, to help them. But I am really tired of not asking for what I want and not being free and irresponsible even if just for a bit. What should I do? Cristine, Brazil.

Look forward to seeing your replies.

The Oracle.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Please email your replies to [email protected]

Including your twitter address may result in a follow back.

4 April 2014 / submitted by Christian, Australia

Q. TEAM ORACLE QUESTION #162

I come from a country town by the bay. Ever since I was little, I witnessed my mother being harassed by a group of people, and it seems they are still up to their old tricks. They would follow mom in the street, to parties, and eventually into her employment and would scream at her face with profanities or just sit down next to her at the cafeteria and openly talk about rumours and just be plain rude. This is just the tip of the iceberg, and the other details would be too personal too mention. My mother is too nice, so I am just wondering if it is my place to intervene now, that I have enough information accumulated over 3 decades.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

It's admirable you want to help your Mum but you really need to speak with her first. 3 decades is a very long time for your Mum to suffer at the hands of bullies and she must have her reasons for not reporting their behaviour up to now.

You can be supportive but she may not want you to intervene. If there is good cause to report the group for harassment, maybe the local police can help with what options your Mum has. She may have to make a formal complaint herself or give evidence so talk it through with her before you take any action. You may not be able to do much about the perpetrators without your Mum's involvement.

If you or your Mother don't have written records of what has been happening with dates, times etc, maybe now would be a good time to collate this information.

Good Luck.

Over to you.

To solve problems of this kind, you first need to find out why those guys bully your mother. You said she was nice, so I guess that's the reason. They are jealous to those who have friends and can be nice to others.

The second thing you need to think about is this: who can help her? You are her child, and mothers usually protect their child, not vice versa. They'll see it as a sign of weakness, and that's the thing your mother can't use.

But who is in the position to help her? Friends? Colleagues? Family? Police? I guess the last one is the best one. Following and stalking people is illegal in most countries, so use the law. Don't go to the police immediately, but ask for judgement advice. As soon as you found the laws you need, you can go, with your mother, to the police station.

I hope this will help you.

Isabelle.

This is a tough one, but I definitely wouldn't put up with someone treating my mother that way. I get being too nice to an extent, but when you have people harassing you like this it's damaging to your soul. I would say something. These people obviously have nothing better to do with their lives than to trot around making another persons miserable. Also, not sure where exactly you are, but if it continues I'd bring it to the police and get a restraining order. I wish nothing but the best and sending love, light and positive vibes your way to you and your mother. I hope that things get better!

Rosalie.

I would say you should talk to your mother about the plans you have to intervene. Maybe if she sees that you are about to act, you both would act together. That way she will gain confidence too. Please think about doing it in a legal way (go to authorities). You could also get support in the media (social, newspaper, or something else). I guess it all depends in the influence this group has over the community. Overall, please think first on the consequences and be safe. I hope everything gets better. Raquel.

I think you must do something about it, I mean, you can't let people disrespect her and treat her like that, it's your mom and no woman should be treated like that, you could confront those guys or ask for help from the authorities, you say you have enough information so you can use that to prove it, you can't just let things like that, you just can't. Alan.

Have you ever discussed this with your mom? It sounds pretty serious and of course you want to intervene and stick up for her! That's very brave of you. But I think you should talk to your mom first. In the end it's best if she's the one to tell that group of people off. And if they keep stalking/harassing her, she's the one who should alert the authorities. You can't do all of that for her. Try to support your mom best as you can and give her advice on how you'd handle the situation. It won't be easy for either of you, but you can't solve all of your mom's problems for her and she'll have to learn to stick up for herself at some point. Good luck, Amanda.

I can understand that you're now in a difficult situation. I think it's huge what you've been doing all those years - helping parents as much as you can. Giving love is the only think that can make people happy.

But don't forget being nice isn't about not living your own life. You're coming to the age when you need to start it on your own sort of (I mean - not being always with your parents). I think all these years you've been pushing it deeper and deeper into yourself - and now it wants to strike out.

What to do? Let it stream. Ask for what you want. However, not the rude way. You should be still responsible and helpful to your parents. But responsibility isn't about always not affording anything that you like and want. It's about using these things in a proper amount: the amount that doesn't destroy you. Just go out and hang around with your friends. Your parents will be glad to see you happy outside. First I should recommend talking to your parents a bit about it.

But do not forget - there's no way letting go all the good things that you've done for years. Do not forget to love your parents still. You'll just start to love them a different way.

Good luck to you! Patrik.

The initial response is, 'of course you should step in,' but after further thought it is more complicated than that. Your mom has been dealing with this for thirty years! She needs love and small words of encouragement and hope, and those mean people might need the same. Jeff.

You should do what you can to please your parents, and it's great that you think of your parents & what will make them happy. But you also have to think of yourself, and what suits you. You need to live your life to the fullest and do what you want. A little rebellion and danger is good; healthy even. But, do still take care of yourself and be mindful of your decisions. It's your life; make it count.

Ally. NC.

Thanks to all those who replied to this week's question. Remember, Team Oracle is open to anyone so if you fancy replying, click to read this week's, and send us your answer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Thanks everyone who helped Christian with how to help his bullied Mum. Here are this week's <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TeamOracle&src=hash">#TeamOracle</a> replies:<a href="http://t.co/YLDZ9yNe2y">http://t.co/YLDZ9yNe2y</a></p>— The Oracle (@ColdplayOracle) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayOracle/statuses/452122639289823232">April 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

7 April 2014 / submitted by Roger, Netherlands

Q. Hey O!

I really want to go to the Pinkpop festival, but most of my friends don't have the time/money to go. My question is, is it weird to go to a festival on your own? Have you ever done it?

Greets,

Roger

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Who defines what is weird and what is not? I've travelled to New York, L.A, Paris & many other places on my own. I have also been on holiday alone several times.

There was one occasion where I went to Coachella for the day. I knew people once I got there but I'd travelled solo and wandered around exploring before I met anyone. I'd say a festival is the perfect place to go on your own because once you get there you will be surrounded by like-minded people all there for the same reason - to enjoy live music. I'm sure you will have a great time and make friends. The only thing I would strongly advise is that you take extra special care with your personal safety and the security of your personal possessions

7 April 2014 / submitted by Megan, United States of America

Q. Hello Oraccle!

What prompted the band to divert back to their original acoustic roots when making the new album? Coldplay is a band whose always been known for being "set apart" from other bands with their musical style. Why did they decide to go back rather than forward?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I don't see it as going back. Their debut album, Parachutes, was a very beautiful, simple piece of work but it didn't necessary define the band's future. They have managed to create 6 diverse albums with the common key factor - great songs. The styles have been different without losing the essence of what makes Coldplay, Coldplay.

After Viva the band had intended to make a more acoustic album. Obviously you can hear from the end result that Mylo Xyloto took a different direction.

7 April 2014 / submitted by Jenny, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle,

I found this on wikiquotes for Guy: 'it's pretty amazing that no one died in that crash. It's not the best way to start a tour.' I have absolutely no idea what he's talking about, could you clarify please?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Don't worry, he wasn't talking about something the band were involved in. That's not to say there haven't been some scary moments on planes and in cars over the years.

8 April 2014 / submitted by Jonathan G, Germany

Q. While I was watching the latest performance of Colplay where they're playing Magic at Sport Relief 2014 I noticed that Jonny first of all plays the piano (which is great I think!) and then he switches to his guitar - but the piano sounds are still there. Do they use a pedal for that? Is most of their instrumental music played live at all, since they have so many different layers of sounds in their songs - especially in the ones from Mylo Xyloto and Ghost stories:

Thank you and greetings from Germany! :)

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I've touched on this subject before but it's important to differentiate between not playing live and miming. Their performances are all real and are not mimed. Everything you see is happening in the moment but there are obviously musical parts that are replicated as it would be impossible to play every sound as you say. Another example is the strings in Viva. Keyboards and MIDI systems are equipped to play these parts at live shows.

FYI I mentioned MIDI last week when listing Roadie #42's roles. It stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface.

8 April 2014 / submitted by Magic Vanessa, Germany

Q. Dearest Oracle,

I love the official video to MAGIC? Chris is so sweet and handsome as Christopher the assistant ;-). But could you please tell me , who are the actor and actress who are playing Claude and Cecile ? And where is the venue for the video shot ?

Thank you so much

yours

MaGic -)

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Ziyi Zhang is playing the part of Cecile but Chris is playing both the parts of Christophe and Claude.

It was directed by Jonas Akerlund and the "venue" doesn't actually exist; it was purpose built for the video shoot.

For those asking, Guy, Jonny & Will aren't playing any parts as they weren't in the video.

9 April 2014 / submitted by Mike, United Kingdom

Q. Is being 23 too old to be serious about starting a band? I've wanted to for years and after jamming with my mate recently feel as if it's now or never. However, I'm also at the age where I need to be looking for a proper career etc and think it's a bit silly to try to set up a band now.

I know most bands start at college or uni much younger, plus I wouldn't know where to start in terms of organising gigs and getting the right equipment

Many thanks

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

There is no age limit to starting a band. Anyone can be in a band but if you're talking about making it - it sounds like that's your goal - I won't lie, it's diminished the odds somewhat. Odds can be defied though and plenty have.

Maybe change the goalposts. You can be in a band for fun you know. It doesn't have to result in a record deal.

As for not knowing how to book gigs etc. nobody is born knowing. It's part of the learning process and - to put it bluntly - you'd have to get off your backside and be proactive. Don't expect it all to be done for you as trust me, if you do make it, it will be all the sweeter for the efforts you put in to come to fruition.

9 April 2014 / submitted by Daniela , United States of America

Q. I have a boyfriend he really likes me but I lost feelings for him already. I don't feel the same no more. I don't want to be with him no more but I don't want to hurt his feelings and then feel guilty.

What should I do?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Set him free! It's not fair to be with someone who loves you when those feelings aren't reciprocated. Be honest but gentle. I can't help you to not hurt his feelings or not feel your own guilt - both are fairly unavoidable - but the longer you leave it, the worse they could get so try and do it soon.

9 April 2014 / submitted by Sam, United States of America

Q. Hello, Oracle!

A while back I saw something (that I believe Jonny wrote) that said at "Coldplay"'s first gig, they played one song twice because they only had a few songs. Do you happen to know which it was? Thanks!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

On the 16th January, 1998, "Coldplay" played - under their previous name of Starfish - at The Laurel Tree, Camden.

The setlist was:

If All Else

So Sad

Panic

Vitamins

High Speed

An Ode to Deodorant

I'm afraid I don't know which song was played twice. If I find out, I'll update this post.

10 April 2014 / submitted by Karolyn, Ecuador

Q. Hi:) Did Chris learned the magic tricks he did in Magic video? I mean, he really did that? Thanks, love you.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Chris was actually taught the magic tricks on set by magician, Joe Labero.

11 April 2014 / submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom

Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE??

As you may know, we have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday we open questions of a personal nature to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply.

ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to [email protected] before midnight Thursday 17th April.

My relationship is complicated, my boyfriend and I come from two very different cultures. He's not allowed to date, but he's dating me. Right now, when people ask me about how do I see our future, I always tell them that our future is unknown. His family doesn't know about me, and I don't know if he'll tell them one day. I'm trying to hold on to this, it's complicated, but he makes me happy. I'm just afraid that one day I'll get hurt if he decides to take his family's way. What should I do? Lourdes, USA.

Look forward to seeing your replies.

The Oracle.

11 April 2014 / submitted by Cristine, Brazil

Q. TEAM ORACLE QUESTION #163

I have been listening to Coldplay since 2006, which is the year when my godfather (who was also my uncle and someone I used to consider my father) passed away. I was only 12. Since he died, I have developed a strange sense that I should be responsible for myself as much as possible, and give my parents the least trouble as I can, to help them. But I am really tired of not asking for what I want and not being free and irresponsible even if just for a bit. What should I do?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

20 years old is probably an age where many people feel the pressure to grow up and act responsibly yet here you are having already spent the last 8 years doing that.

Your uncle's death led to you relinquishing your role of child within your family unit. There's nothing wrong with being easy to live with by the way, I'm sure your parents are grateful for the dignified way you grew up but you will always be your parents' child & are entitled to their attention and to have your needs met.

I will assume you haven't discussed your feelings with your parents but you don't have to protect them - they're supposed to protect you. If it's possible, explain how the last 8 years have been for you and the profound affect your Uncle's death had.

Don't be afraid to ask for support or help, as it may be that you didn't properly grieve for your godfather uncle.

I think you need to let your hair down, have some fun and stop being so hard on yourself. It may be hard to break the chain but free yourself - in moderation of course, there's a danger you'll go off the rails and we don't want that, do we? ;-)

Over to you.

I can understand that you're now in a difficult situation. I think it's huge what you've been doing all those years - helping parents as much as you can. Giving love is the only think that can make people happy.

But don't forget being nice isn't about not living your own life. You're coming to the age when you need to start it on your own sort of (i mean - not being always with your parents). I think all these years you've been pushing it deeper and deeper into yourself - and now it wants to strike out.

What to do? Let it stream. Ask for what you want. However, not the rude way. You should be still responsible and helpful to your parents. But responsibility isn't about always not affording anything that you like and want. It's about using these things in a proper amount: the amount that doesn't destroy you. Just go out and hang around with your friends. Your parents will be glad to see you happy outside. First I should recommend talking to your parents a bit about it.

But do not forget - there's no way letting go all the good things that you've done for years. Do not forget to love your parents still. You'll just start to love them a different way. Good luck to you! Patrik.

You should do what you can to please your parents, and it's great that you think of your parents & what will make them happy. But you also have to think of yourself, and what suits you. You need to live your life to the fullest and do what you want. A little rebellion and danger is good; healthy even. But, do still take care of yourself and be mindful of your decisions. It's your life; make it count. Ally. NC.

Part of being independent and responsible is allowing for self-care. It is not a sign of weakness to communicate to others the support that you want and need. Tell your family and friends what you are thinking and how you are feeling. Journal your frustrations, hopes, goals, and your gratitude. If you want to talk to a counselor or a mentor, ask for help finding those resources. It is a sign of strength and independence to advocate for yourself.

Do not feel guilty for asking for support or for receiving what you want and need. Be willing to receive the support and love you wish for without judging yourself harshly. We are all in this life together and it is our responsibility to nurture and care for others. Ask trusted family, friends, clergy to listen to your feelings and thoughts and to respond to you with love and support.

Best wishes, Elise J.

In truth we should all be responsible for our selves. The fact that you have developed a sense of responsibility is a good thing. Being kind and helpful to anyone - be it your parents or a complete stranger - is also a great thing. Never be frightened to ask for what you want though. You may not get it, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't ask.

Being free, doesn't mean being irresponsible, it means feeling free. Maybe free to express yourself; your taste in clothes, in dancing or whatever it may be. It's not so much that other people make us feel trapped, but rather we make ourselves feel trapped. Normally by the way we think about things.

Personally the most important thing that i have learned in this life is to be myself. Helpful where I can be, kind and considerate, but always myself. That is not always easy, as sometimes you feel you may upset somebody because of your own wants or needs. But you cannot put your own life on hold for others. Life is to be shared between us all. It does not belong to anyone one person.

It's normal Cristine to start wanting to make your own life. And I am sure you will. And when you do the people that matter won't mind, and the people that mind, won't matter.

Be well, Brio.

You have to learn to be responsible for your own sake and that of your family. You have to respect people who love you so you can live in harmony. Do not disrespect your elders. God bless you. Rolando.

I'm 19 and currently going through the same issue of not wanting to bother my parents for things. I recently graduated from film school and I'm in the in between of college grad and employed adult. I feel like because I'm graduated I shouldn't bother them for anything anymore, even though I'm still young (US students generally graduate around 22-23). Eventually, we discussed the issue. What they explained to me is sometimes we need to admit we need help. Sure, you want to be independent, but you also need to admit that sometimes we aren't able to provide certain things for ourselves that we need. Sometimes, we need help, and we need to be able to admit that. Also, your parents (like mine) might very well want to help you out. If they love and care about you, they'll want you to be happy and won't mind giving you what you ask for every once and awhile. Basically, level with them and with yourself. Admit there are some things you can't handle yet and ask for help. Don't be too proud. Be happy. J.D.

First of all, I think you should be proud of yourself taking your own responsibilities. I agree that you should indeed take your own responsibilities, but that doesn't mean you don't have permission to ask anything. Try to find a balance. Be responsible, but also try to ask things from others. It might sound strange, but it might be hard the first times you ask things. But I'm also pretty sure you can do it, because you learned to take your own responsibility. Now you have the responsibility to learn others about responsibility, by asking things.

Isabelle.

There is nothing wrong with being self reliant. But when you are in need of something that you could not provide, never hesitate to ask for someone's help. After all, they're still your parents and are willing to support you.

Hoping you the best.

DGarbageMan.

I want to start off by saying I'm terribly sorry for your loss. It's really hard, especially when someone close to you passes away. I lost my father when I was 15. It seems to me that you made yourself grow up too fast. You need to realize that everyone, even myself at almost 34, still need to ask for what I want/need. By holding yourself back, it's only hurting yourself. Have you talked to your parents about it? It would lift a lot off your shoulders. You can still be the responsible one, and still know when you need to ask for help. If you must be irresponsible, do it in a good way. Spend a weekend doing something for you. Just don't lose yourself in the process. Remember that you can't hold everything on your shoulders. Talk about it. Rosalie.

I think you need to figure out why you are being like this in the first place. Have your parents requested you to be more independent? Do you feel that if you weren't like this the outcome would be negative? What would happen if you were to let loose for a bit? I personally think it is all up to you, and it is your choice to decide how you act and what the consequences will be. If you aren't sure, try having a talk with your parents and sort out what's going on to clarify some things, I'm sure they'll understand. My last piece of advice is to listen to some Coldplay (doesn't that help you let loose?:) Sorry about your loss, best of luck sorting stuff out! Julia.

It's good to be responsible and to help out your parents if you can, but that doesn't mean you can't go out there and have fun! Live your life, make sure that 40 years from now you don't have any regrets and that you've missed out on as little as possible. You won't always get everything you ask for, but it's alright to be a little irresponsible from time to time, within limits of course. Good luck! Amanda.

First of all I'm very sorry for your tragic loss.

When something so life changing happens in someone's life at such a young age it can lead to a lot of confusion and in some ways frustration, for not knowing what to do.

Where do I seek help? Who do I talk to? How should I react?

By becoming responsible for yourself at such a young age, you have probably become much more mature than others in your age.

This can be a good and a bad thing, as a lot of the experience of being foolish and childish was taken away from you.

By doing so, you sadly might've taken away some of your parents duties as well.

When you become a parent, you devote your life to your children, your very being strives to raise that precious gift, and what comes with that is teaching your child how to react in situations and raising it to become a well rounded adult.

Maybe your parents didn't mind seeing you teach yourself how to become that but the best thing, in my opinion, would be to talk to your parents about how you feel and what has been going through your mind and ask them how they felt!

Not only will this bring you some closure but it will bring you closer together!

To finish off, I hope that you could relate to some Coldplay songs and that they truly helped you along the way!

Yours, Clemens.

It sounds like you made a very mature decision when you were 12, and I am sure that your parents have appreciated it very much. If I have got my maths correct, you are around 20 now, and I think it would be more than normal for you to want certain things, as you are indeed a young adult now. Everyone is unique, and has different wants and interests, and although it sounds as though you have suppressed the things you want to a degree, deep down you are no different and rightly so. Balance though is key if your family is used to you being a certain way. But you can be mature, responsible and more independent all at the same time. Have you tried talking to your family? If you think through what you want to say, and explain how you feel in a calm way, you may be surprised by the response. Have fun and stay safe! Best wishes, Diane.

The loved ones are really important for us and when we lost them feel something different. Different thoughts, different senses. These senses may disturb in the feature like yours and I'm sure that your parents want to stand by you. Talk to them, tell them what you feel and what you WANT. That's the most important thing in the life. Don't restrict yourself. Think yourself "I'm important. I know what I want. I'm good." My suggestion may sound simple but it answers the purpose, always. And one more thing, don't stop listening Coldplay. Don't panic and good luck. Oylum.

If I understood it properly, you have been acting the way you described because you wanted to. Nobody else asked you to do it, no one except yourself. Your reaction to that tragic event was to make the ones you love as happy as possible, so that you wouldn't lose any other person that's important to you (even in a psychological way), for example, by disappointing or somehow harming them. If they were happy, you were happy. But, as years passed by, you started to realize that having that behavior had consequences, which you mentioned as not being free. Well, as far as I'm concerned, every relationship has its ups and downs, and what you're doing is trying to avoid the "downs", in order to help them. However, by doing that, you're not being true to yourself, and that results in an apparently good, but "truly unrealistic" relationship with your parents. My point is: you can give them your opinion and tell them what you want, and there's nothing wrong with that. By doing this, you'll never lose them as you lost your godfather. There's no comparison. And that's what you need to understand. You can be free AND have a strong relationship, without losing them. I hope I helped. Good luck! Ana.

Thanks to all those who replied to this week's question. Remember, Team Oracle is open to anyone so if you fancy replying, click to read this week's, and send us your answer.

14 April 2014 / submitted by Andy, Sweden

Q. Hey, I've grown rather fond of Apparatjik which I know Guy is apart of. Do you know if they will be releasing a new album anytime soon?

P.s will Chris ever let Guy solo sing an/a part of a song?

Thanks!!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Guy is busy with Coldplay right now - as far as I know there are no current release plans for Apparatjik.

It took years for Guy to feel confident with singing backing vocals - singing lead isn't something he necessarily wants to do - it's not a case of Chris "letting" him.

14 April 2014 / submitted by Brock, Canada

Q. I was just wondering if the song Ode to Deodorant was really the first song ever recorded by Coldplay?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

The first songs that were recorded on tape as rough demos didn't include Ode to Deodorant.

Ode was recorded in a studio (with Brothers & Sisters) and there was a master CDR of it. From this, cassette copies were made.

The Safety EP was the first recording that had multiple CDs pressed and distributed hence that being credited as their first release - though it was never available for sale.

15 April 2014 / submitted by Christian, Sweden

Q. Hey, How many copies of Midnight 7-inch vinyl will be released?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I believe there will be a couple of thousand copies available.

For those who don't know, Record Store Day arrives this weekend (19 April) & Coldplay are releasing a 7" of Midnight.

15 April 2014 / submitted by Norbert, United Kingdom

Q. Who actually won the Lost? video competition?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Wow, there's a blast from the past. Can you believe that was over 5 years ago?

The winner was Paul O' Brien and you can read an interview with him here.

16 April 2014 / submitted by Greg, United States of America

Q. Howdy Oracle!

I'm not sure if this had been answered before, but who are the two people sitting in the back of the In My Place video?

Thanks a bunch!

Greg

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I first answered this in 2009 and again (indirectly) in 2011 but just for you, Greg here it is again.

16 April 2014 / submitted by Andrea, Peru

Q. Hi Oracle

Why Guy sangs in Apparatjik taking lead vocals and in Coldplay don't? Why is too difficult for Guy to sing in Coldplay?

Thanks!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

No, it's because he is the bass player and not the vocalist. Even though Will has taken lead vocals a couple of times and Jack White and Brendan Benson for example share lead vocal duties in The Raconteurs, it's not usual for anyone but the lead vocalist to sing lead vocals.