✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

21 April 2014 / submitted by Robert, United States of America

Q. Ok, so I found out from a thread on Coldplaying about a video for Parachutes. Like the song. This seems quite peculiar, because 1, the songs is only like 45 seconds long, and 2, Parachutes isn't a single. Even better, on iTunes, it is one of the least purchased songs!

Could you explain why, or even if they made this video?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

It would have been handy to see the link to the thread in case it refers to something I can explain.

All I can tell you is there is no official Parachutes video.

21 April 2014 / submitted by Jenifer, United States of America

Q. I am in love with someone who has wronged me so many times, I can seem to get over him, should I forgive him for all that he has done, and try to work things out? Or do I move on, because I know I deserve better ....?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Forgive him but do not bother trying to work things out. Free yourself because it sounds blatantly obvious that this guy isn't respecting you or your feelings. You're better off without him.

21 April 2014 / submitted by Charles, Australia

Q. Hello, I'm due to arrive in Heathrow, London on the July 1 at 6.10pm. I know this is quite a specific question but do you believe I could make it to the Royal Albert Hall in time for the Coldplay show that night if I choose to buy a ticket?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

That's what we call putting the cart before the horse, Charles. Tickets haven't gone on sale yet...

There are so many issues you'll be dependent on.

If you land on time, the plane still has to taxi to its stand, passengers need to disembark and depending on what terminal and gate you arrive at, you will still have to walk a while, go through passport control / immigration and collect luggage from the baggage carousel - assuming you'll have some. If you have a good run with no delay, I think this would take 60-90 minutes at the very least.

You will then have to contend with whatever mode of transportation you choose to get to Central London.

The fastest way is the Heathrow Express (every 15 minutes). It takes 15 minutes to get to Paddington. From there you will have to transfer. Depending on whether you cab or tube - the fastest way would be by tube - you're looking at another 20-30 minutes to the RAH.

Don't forget to allow time to walk in between from terminal to stops, station, venue etc. plus entry to the venue and leaving items in the cloakroom.

I haven't got the onstage times but a typical show would see Coldplay taking to the stage at approximately 9pm.

Therefore in answer to your as yet somewhat hypothetical question, you'd be cutting it fine but actually may make it. I wouldn't like to bet on you catching the start though.

ps Even if you "choose" to buy a ticket, you may not be lucky enough to get one. My very specific plan to buy tickets for Kate Bush (playing 22 shows) ended in disappointment.

22 April 2014 / submitted by Kiki, United States of America

Q. Oracle, Have the tickets for Coldplay's NYC tour on May 5th gone up on sale yet?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

In the news piece that announced the live dates last week, Anchorman explained that "Ticket information for the remaining five shows will be emailed exclusively to subscribers to the Coldplay mailing list".

If you have signed-up, just sit tight and wait for the email.

Even though it doesn't say, of course the news & tour sections of the website will be updated with when tickets are to go onsale / are onsale as we did with the Cologne show.

22 April 2014 / submitted by Conner, United States of America

Q. Which is your favorite out of the first four Ghost Stories songs and why? It's tough, but I think I'd have to go with Another's Arms because it has a cool vibe to it. A bit of the same vibe I feel when I listen to Yes for some reason.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

You haven't heard my favourite from Ghost Stories yet but of the four it's Midnight & Magic.

22 April 2014 / submitted by Benny, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle,

Is there a place I can download the song Animals? I really like the song but can't find it on iTunes.

Much appreciation!

Benny Graves

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Hmm, I found it no problem. It's the b side to Clocks - I searched for that and voila!

23 April 2014 / submitted by Brennen , United States of America

Q. Where can I stream the concert on Friday in Koln?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

We don't usually stream concerts and the Cologne show isn't going to be available to stream either I'm afraid.

23 April 2014 / submitted by Gaston, Argentina

Q. Why are they called Ghost Stories shows?

I mean, is the concert based only in the songs of the album or is a normal Coldplay show but with new songs?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

All tours - whether small ones or world ones - have a name of sorts. It's usually the name of or from whatever the current album is.

These live dates are surrounding the release of Ghost Stories hence its name but, as far as I know, it's not going to be a show consisting solely of the album tracks.

23 April 2014 / submitted by Ben, United States of America

Q. Hello. I was in Michigan last year when Craig Hope was at Galloup Guitar School. He said he wanted to come back and finish. Could you ask him if he is coming back this year? I see right now there aren't any tour dates and just thought maybe he would finish while I am there. Thank you very much.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I asked Hoppy and no, he won't be going back this year.

For anyone who doesn't know, Craig Hope - aka Hoppy - is Chris' guitar tech who has been with us since the very beginning.

23 April 2014 / submitted by Brennen , United States of America

Q. Where can I stream the concert on Friday in Koln?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

We don't usually stream concerts and the Cologne show isn't going to be available to stream either I'm afraid.

I saw this too earlier today. But isn't the show gonna be on radio?

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99481-25-Apr-2014-E-Werk-Cologne-Germany?p=5637885&viewfull=1#post5637885

http://www.wdr.de/programmvorschau/suche.html?datum=2014-04-25&medium=R&sender=1

24 April 2014 / submitted by Carlos , United States of America

Q. Who produced your first album? Are they part of a record label?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Ken Nelson produced the first album. Some producers may have record deals in their own right but not as a general rule. Ken was not and is not part of a record label.

Caroline Elleray (from the band's publishing company), introduced Dan Keeling (their then A&R man at Parlophone) to Ken.

24 April 2014 / submitted by Mariano, Venezuela

Q. Dear O! Can't wait for the release of Ghost Stories! I am so excited! My question is the following: How come the official track-listing reveals that Oceans lasts 5:21 but the performance yesterday at Radio 1 lasted approximately 3:50? Muchas GRACIAS!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I love Oceans; it reminds me of Careful Where You Stand. I was going to say that radio prefer radio edits of songs and 4 minutes is a normal radio play length but in reality the remaining minute and a half of Oceans isn't another verse or anything so you heard pretty much the song.

24 April 2014 / submitted by Victor, Mexico

Q. Dear Oracle

I've a question: Why the band never play Warning Sign on a concert? I know that is not famous like Clocks, Hurts Like Heaven, Viva la Vida, etc,

but a lot of fans likes this song... it's my favorite song of Coldplay. because was my first song on guitar!

I love the new song Magic! Congrats!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Warning Sign was played quite a lot on the MX Tour actually. Its last appearance was during the B-Stage set at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on 30 December 2012 - the penultimate show of the tour.

FYI Warning Sign has apparently been played live 118 times in total which strangely is only once more than another song you mentioned - Hurts Like Heaven.

25 April 2014 / submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom

Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE?

As you may know, we have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday we open questions of a personal nature to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply.

ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to [email protected] before midnight Thursday 1 May.

It's been a difficult year for me. I've been living alone in a foreign country for the first time in my life and even though it is amazing to follow my dreams, there are days that i truly miss being home. Does that feeling go away? Because it is not easy to feel happy and sad at the same time. Also if you could dye your hair any color what would it be? Looking forward for the Coldplay concert in Paris next month! Thanks! Josephine, France.

Look forward to seeing your replies.

The Oracle.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Please email your replies to [email protected]

Including your twitter address may result in a follow back.

25 April 2014 / submitted by Ann, United States of America

Q. TEAM ORACLE QUESTION #165

I suppose this isn't so much a question for advice as much as it is simply looking for some sort of comfort. Oracle, have you ever lost someone who you considered a best-friend? You see a couple of years ago someone became my friend and was the first person I ever considered a true best-friend, and the first person I ever trusted. He was a year older than me and after graduating high school, left for college, never contacting me on his own afterwards. When I asked him why, he said he did so to many people, but I know he kept in touch with those he considered close friends. This has left me in a whirl of confusion, guilt and loneliness. I'm sure he thinks I am too clingy and fragile - the last time I talked to him, it seemed forced when saying he wanted to be friends. I'm a college freshman now, and as the year ends, I'm beginning to see that I haven't even made any new memories or friends because nothing can measure up to what I had with this friend.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I have lost many friends throughout my life from primary school, secondary school, college, work and so the list goes on. Some of it was my choice, (I didn't always tell the person why), some was theirs, some moved and some just drifted away or got into relationships and left friends behind. Some were toxic, some drained me, some wronged me and some were the best friends you could wish for.

I am still making amazing friends with people I can't imagine life without but who knows?

There is saying that:

"We have three types of friends in life: Friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for a lifetime" and once you accept that, it's easier to cherish the time you had with friends from the past but to let it go.

Don't torture yourself about why or comparing his relationship with other friends to yours.

Friends come and go and you can't make someone be friends with you. You sometimes just have to be happy with the memories & move on - even if that's not what you want.

It can hurt but you will come to accept it and make an even better best friend.

Over to you.

After reading your story, I think this is your question: How do I get friends, true friends, who see me in the same way I see them? Well, first of all, it is possible that there are people around who might have tried to start a friendship, but you just didn't see it, because you were worried about that one friend. And that's ok. That means you are one of the rare people who can feel real friendship and know what it means. I would be worried if you didn't worry about him...

Look around. Are there people in college or at work you like or trust? First, find out who your mates are. As soon as you know that, try to find out more about them, in the way they talk and act to you. When you know more about them, I think you can choose your friend(s) now.

Good luck, Isabelle.

I'm going through something similar right now! I've been trying to figure it out for a long time myself, recently things have been getting better with my old best friend and I think it's because I've been trying to ease back into the friendship with her as opposed to trying really hard all the time. If you fear he finds you clingy, I think that's the best thing to do. It does feel better knowing someone else is in the same situation as you so I do hope this helps.

Best of luck, Joe.

I read your question and I grimaced because I know exactly what this situation is like. A while back a guy moved into our area and we became the best of friends almost immediately. I mean we were practically brothers joined at the hip. Everything was fine and I was happier than I had ever been in my life. Then he moved back to his native Utah and the woes began. I remember he left halfway through my freshman year of high school and the day they left was a dark and stormy day both literally and metaphorically. I was totally depressed. He was my one friend and now he was gone. I tried all sorts of things to cheer myself up and stayed miserable for weeks. As I found in retrospect, time was the most effective healer. Coincidentally, Coldplay music was soothing balm to me while I tried to go on with my life. More friends will come and there will be others there for you eventually. I have found that when you go out on a limb to be friends to others, your own feelings of loneliness and sadness will diminish and even disappear.

With warm regards, Alex.

The first person you consider to be your 'best friend' is always going to hold important memories. You associate them with many of your early experiences in life and you trust them to value your approach to many of life's teenage trials. There is no reason for you to feel guilt as you are at a stage in life where learning through experiences with different people is vital. It can teach you who you can really put your trust in when times are hard. Clearly, both you and the friend you speak of are in a time of transition within your respective lives. As he was older, he was at the stage you find yourself at now: starting a new chapter in life full of new environments, people and places.

Going from High school to college means groups of friends splitting to go their separate ways. I doubt you were the only person he lost contact with and I'm sure he found it difficult to juggle his new college lifestyle with that of his old school life. The most important thing is to not let the experience of a best friend leaving you hold you back, but more as an opportunity to build on what you have learnt. Starting out as freshman is the chance to meet new people, many of whom may have found themselves in a similar position to yourself having also just graduated from High school. This can take time so don't panic. Struan, London, England.

Throughout our lives, we meet lots of people. Some we consider friends, some family, and some just passengers, who come and go.

If you care/d for that person when he left, and he didn't care, it's his loss. He lost a friend.

For you the Oracle advises to move on. If you didn't mater to him, why should you bother? Better find someone who deserves you. Not a passenger, but a friend. Sonai.

It's often hard to find that sort of best friend, someone whose comforting but can make you laugh like crazy, the kind of person you could spend forever with and never get bored. I've drifted through different best friends, and honestly when I've moved on I have lost them, right now there's someone whose a better friend then all my past ones and if I had clung on to them, I may have never found her!

I can see how much it would hurt for that to happen to you, because its someone you loved and thought loved you back; there's nothing to say he didn't though!

You shouldn't hold yourself back because he hurt you, and you shouldn't over-think his actions either.

He did what he did and if you managed to find a friend that you cared for that much before, sure you can find one (or some) again!

Maybe you'll decide to keep in touch with him, maybe not. But people change, and grow up; to our happiness or dismay! The best thing you can do, is be happy for him and of course be happy yourself! Make new memories with new people to, lets say, add to your collection.

There's lots of things in life that we'll never understand, but you can't let yourself hold onto the past and let it bring you down (cheesy as it may sound).

Never feel like you have to replace him, you can always remember him as the first best friend you ever had, but there's still space in your heart to find new friends and new beginnings.

Katherine.

It can be very painful to lose friends that you have a close relationship with. I've experienced this first hand, but I think it's all for a good reason. Certain individuals will come into your life at certain times, and some will go. I believe that everyone in our lives are meant to fulfil a purpose. Perhaps your friend was there because you needed him during that time of your life, and that time may be over now. Although it's difficult to wait for, someone new will come. There's someone out there that's meant for you, whether its love or friendship. All you have to do is be patient and open, trust me! Jeremy.

Losing a friend, even more when you know know the reason, is certainly one of the hardest things of life.

Sometimes it'll seems like the closer you get with someone, bigger are the chances of losing them. And you'll ask yourself if you are the reason...

Well, someone said to me once that no matter how close to you they happen to be, people are only passing through your life. They won't necessarily disappear, but every relationship evolves. One day you are best friends and the other acquaintances. Affection might be always there, even nostalgia for the memories you both share but it doesn't have to be sad.

Every relationship is an experience. When you meet someone and you like them, there is two options : worrying about the future of this relationship, missing it in reality. Missing the joy and the richness of it.

Or, you could embrace the experience, like trying on a new pair of sunglasses. You could keep them years, or only one summer. It doesn't mean this very summer didn't existed, with every of its memories.

So, go on ! try make some new friends and enjoy the very moment. You don't know, anyone does, what will happen tomorrow... And you can't keep people tied to a chair in your own heart. You can't make people love you, so enjoy the time they did and take every of those moments to make your life richer, bigger, full of every type of love.

This IS the purpose of life ! K.

Oh dear Ann, this is the circle of, ... What do we call it? LIFE. You must know that people comes and goes all the time, but you are the one who let them do that. Sometimes is not under your control, but it does depends on you to let them affect you. Family never leaves, but your friends may. They didn't watch you grow up, did they? But maybe they can be there for you, growing and sharing through experiences. Every time it's a new opportunity to learn something. Now all you have to do is sit tight and have a little long conversation with this guy. If he really appreciates you, he will prove it. If not, show him what he's missing and get over it. Make changes, be your best, care... Everything WILL get better; you have a long way to go. Remember that trust is a strong process to build, that's why is so important. If someone lets you down, you always have to bring the best of it, because life always leaves us with lessons. And every little thing makes you stronger, even if you feel weaker. Sometimes people give you the wrong impression, but isn't always your fault. So don't feel guilty and stop comparing those impressions with those who really want to be part of your life now. This is a chance to start all over. It IS possible. Have a lovely day, and wish you luck. Chiari M.

That's just it, sometimes we consider someone as the best, closest friend. And the time comes, the "best friend" alienates. I know this feeling, when I read your question thought of my old "best friend". Once we were very good friends, not only good but also very closest to each other, we used to talk about our favorite bands and movies, go to the school etc. And one day she started to meet me less, She was with her other new "best friends". And that time I realized that she had never been my best friend. Yes, all this time we were very good friend but a real friend never leaves you, whatever happens. Real friends stand by each other, always. That's okay and don't worry about that. Don't be sad anymore. This is the life, as usual. Of course this situation made you very sorry and you miss him, but one day you'll find your real best friend, believe that. Good luck. Oylum.

I've been through this too, actually. But it's not your fault, you see.

It's what you call a "false friend". You'll get over it and you'll will find someone just as good and have the time of your life, I promise you!

Take care. Love, Filip.

A relationship, as you know, requires two or more individuals. But having a relationship (in this case a friendship), doesn't mean you see the other one (or ones) as they see you. As there are unrequited loves, there are also unrequited friendships. Even though you see/saw him as your best friend, doesn't mean he has ever thought the same way. And the fact that he's still in touch with other friends, only proves this theory. However, if you call someone a friend and that person has closer friends, but you have no problem with that, there's no reason why the friendship wouldn't work. But you're clearly not ok with that. This means you have to move on.

Like you, I have also felt like I've lost my best friends. Some years ago, I moved from my hometown to another village, and I never talked to them again. And I really considered them my best friends. So, you're not alone. And now, I have gained other friends that are really close to me, in spite of not being with them all the time.

My point is: I believe we all have someone who is pretty much compatible with us. Maybe you haven't found them yet, maybe you already have. "Just be patient, and don't worry" - these things happen naturally; you can't force them. But if your friendship isn't working, don't let that stop you from finding someone you are able to see as a true friend. Hope I helped. Ana.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost the person you thought to be your best friend. You sound a little sad, hurt and confused and I wish I (or anyone else here) could come up with a magical solution for your troubles but I don't think there is one - heartbreak is the risk we take when we open up to friendship and love. I know that when you feel you have a special connection with someone and it's not reciprocated it hurts, it makes you feel stupid and you try to hang on... but you can't hang on to something that isn't there!

There may be a million reasons why this person has distanced himself from you and you may never know why.

So you pick yourself up take control of your life girl! You are young, healthy and beautiful, you are at college and these are supposed to be the best years of your life, and you are surrounded by people just like you - so go out there, make new friends (it's never too late), join any clubs or groups that you feel drawn to and have fun. You may not find a bestie right away but you will have fun making new friends. Life's too short to waste on someone who doesn't appreciate you. And Ann the sun will shine (again) on that heart of yours. These words helped me. All the best. M.

28 April 2014 / submitted by Stephanie, Australia

Q. Hello Oracle, I hope you are well. I was just looking through the live blog from Cologne. At 19:01, you have a picture of the three people. In Roadie #42's blog, he said that someone came to say hi to Dan and him. My question is, is Anchorman in the first picture? And if so, which person is he?

Thank you!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I'm confused. Roadie #42's blog wasn't even the same night so no, that's not Anchorman - who wasn't there & would never be careless enough to be photographed. As Roadie said, it was a chap, a young fella - he isn't part of the CP team.

As for the following night's live blog, at 19.01 the photo you mention comes with a caption explaining who it is:

"A view from the management office, which is where we've made our home for the day. Here's Arlene (management), Miti (live broadcast mixer) and Dan Green (sound-man and producer extraordinaire)."

Anchorman writes the live blogs and takes the photographs so he's not likely to be in any of those either.

28 April 2014 / submitted by Romca, Slovakia

Q. Dear Oracle! Where can I buy a song Liar? I can't find it anywhere... It's my fav song by Coldplay.

By the way: I can't wait Ghost Stories! I am so excited! :) Magic is Perfect! Congrats! :)

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I'm afraid I have never heard a song (or about a song) by Coldplay called Liar.

28 April 2014 / submitted by Romca, Slovakia[/color]

Q. Dear Oracle! Where can I buy a song Liar? I can't find it anywhere... It's my fav song by Coldplay.

By the way: I can't wait Ghost Stories! I am so excited! :) Magic is Perfect! Congrats! :)

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I'm afraid I have never heard a song (or about a song) by Coldplay called Liar.

lol wow

28 April 2014 / submitted by Dania, Malaysia

Q. Dear Oracle,

About the golden ticket to watch Coldplay in London, by any chance is Malaysia a part of the hidden #lyricshunt?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

It wouldn't be much of a hunt if we told you where the lyrics were hidden before we give out clues, would it?

I'm afraid you will just have to wait for the clues to be tweeted. Then work out what the book is, where it is hidden. Then if you can, go and look for it!

29 April 2014 / submitted by Mar, Spain

Q. Dear Oracle, I have a question about the hidden lyrics. Are the lyrics hidden in libraries of big cities such as Madrid or London or are they on libraries of small towns?

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I obviously cannot tell you where they are hidden but Anchorman did already answer this question in a tweet yesterday.

29 April 2014 / submitted by Carly, Australia

Q. Howdy even if the gold ticket is now found is the lyric hunt still going on.

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

Yes. There are 9 hidden lyrics in total so the hunt is still on.

The competition is a one-off chance to win something precious and unique that nobody else in the world has. I think that is worth looking for.