✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fashion etc.

freckles

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello boys and girls.

I'll be going to college in a few months, so I guess it's time for me to start shopping for some new clothes.

I'm liking a lot of clothes at this store (http://www.espritshop.com/index_us_GG1_A3.htm)

If there's anything on that site that really jumps out at you (both style and price), let me know. Their hoodies look great (and they're fairly cheap). I'm also really liking their scarves, especially this one:

PQ6241_001.jpg?cache=58656686400000

OH AND THEIR PANTS. Pick me a pair of pants from that site too.

Oh and also, if there are any clothes you've seen recently that have just made you say 'OMG IF I WERE A GUY I'D TOTALLY BUY THAT' then let me know. (I'm addressing you all as females since this thread is mostly females)

• 2 weeks later...

This is from their FB profile.

H&M is opening new stores this week in Canada, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom

I can see you're from Canada, maybe the one that is opening in that mall is the one they are talking about.

We still dont have Forever 21. But we finally got H&M and I love it. :D

I need a cupboard full of clothes for summer since I lost so much weight and I can finally wear whatever I want....since I'm not rich I chose buying most of the stuff in H&M,.....this is what I got today:

DXLA01_82896_76001_34_3729.jpg

I was considering getting this (but with blue stripes)

DXLA01_82912_38028_27_6687.jpg

and this (but in dark blue)

DXLA55_83285_09090_96_7329.jpg

I have noticed that I am not girly enough for girly dresses....I should rather go for these kind of trousers combined with a top or a shirt and this kind of dresses

this is a good start....going to buy more stuff soon

edit: Haha these trousers look so weird without someone wearing them:wacky:

Nigella Lawson wears a burkini on Bondi Beach

For admirers of Nigella Lawson's Rubenesque curves, the prospect of the domestic goddess hitting the beach was one to savour.

nigella3_1875748c.jpg

Image 1 of 3

Nigella was covered head to toe in a burqini Photo: MATRIX

nigella_1875622c.jpg

Image 1 of 3

Nigella Lawson at Bondi Beach in Australia with friend Maria McErlane Photo: MATRIX

lawson-2_1875925c.jpg

Image 1 of 3

Miss Lawson purchased the burkini from Islamic swimwear company Modestly Active Photo: MATRIX

singh_60_1757354j.jpg

By Anita Singh, Showbusiness Editor 6:30AM BST 19 Apr 2011

From corseted Vivienne Westwood gowns to figure-hugging cashmere twinsets, the television chef never fails to make the most of her voluptuous figure.

So her choice of swimwear for a dip off Sydney's Bondi Beach came as something of a surprise. Rather than a revealing swimming costume, Miss Lawson was covered head to toe in a burkini, the modesty-saving outfit designed for Muslim women.

The 51-year-old cut a striking figure as she splashed in the surf with her friend, comedian Maria McErlane. While Miss McErlane wore a skimpy bikini, Miss Lawson was protected from the elements in a black two-piece and peaked cap, leaving only her hands, feet and face showing.

Rather than a sudden conversion to Islam, her choice of outfit was motivated by a desire to shield her creamy complexion from the Australian sun. "Nigella was protecting herself from sunburn, nothing more than that," said her spokesman.

Miss Lawson purchased the burkini from Islamic swimwear company Modestly Active, which has stores in the east London suburbs of Walthamstow and Stratford. The firm makes "shariah compliant swimwear" and the model chosen by Miss Lawson costs from £79.99 for a small size to £89.99 for XXL, offering a sun protection factor of 50+.

Related Articles

Ismail Sacranie, Modestly Active's marketing director, said: "We set up the company in 2007 to cater for people who wanted an alternative to the swimwear that was out there, mainly for religious reasons. We didn't really anticipate non-Muslims buying the clothing but now we have a healthy and loyal following - about 15 per cent of our client base.

"Non-Muslim women buy our clothes for all sorts of reasons. There is the health benefit of protecting your skin from the sun, but it's just a case of choice - women choose to wear what they feel comfortable in.

"For a long time, women who wanted to wear something modest while swimming didn't have any alternative except for leggings and a T-shirt, which are not ideal bceause they drag you down and cling to the body. I think there was a desperate need for someone to come up with a product like this."

Mr Sacranie added: "It is always nice to have celebrities wearing our product."

When Miss Lawson stepped out in a Vivienne Westwood corset dress two years ago, sales soared. Burkini-makers will be waiting to see if she does the same for them.

The chef was in Sydney to record a guest appearance on the Australian version of MasterChef. She and Miss McErlane breakfasted on eggs at a beachside cafe before venturing into the sea.

She is not the first celebrity to don an all-in-one outfit for swimming. Pale-skinned Nicole Kidman also favours the all-in-one. Australia takes sun protection seriously and the lifeguard association Surf Life Saving Australia includes Muslim members who wear yellow and red burkinis.

Back on dry land, Miss Lawson is proud of her curves. She has said: "I'm very glad that I don't have that skinny straight-up-and-down shape, that I'm this Edwardian throwback with a very small waist and ankles and wrists, and the rest [is] billowing."

I need a cupboard full of clothes for summer since I lost so much weight and I can finally wear whatever I want....since I'm not rich I chose buying most of the stuff in H&M,.....this is what I got today:

DXLA01_82896_76001_34_3729.jpg

I was considering getting this (but with blue stripes)

DXLA01_82912_38028_27_6687.jpg

and this (but in dark blue)

DXLA55_83285_09090_96_7329.jpg

I have noticed that I am not girly enough for girly dresses....I should rather go for these kind of trousers combined with a top or a shirt and this kind of dresses

this is a good start....going to buy more stuff soon

edit: Haha these trousers look so weird without someone wearing them:wacky:

Sweet ! I really like the trousers. The shirt is nice too. I think I'd like the dress more if it wasn't black though but it actually depends on how you wear it. If you put on a nice colorful scarf and nice shoes it could look great :).

I fell in love with a dress yesterday. I think I'll buy it today :cheesy:. I might post a picture of it when I have it.