✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

31-Oct-08: Washington DC - Verizon Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Section 101 is pretty darn good. Its closer to the stage than 106. I'd take those.

Here's a link to the seating chart:

http://www.verizoncenter.com/tickets/end_stage.jpg

Yeah I was definitely checking that out while shopping around. I wasn't just going on proximity to the stage because some views might be better even though they don't appear as close on the seating chart. For example, I bought Broadway tickets to a play onetime which were on the front row of the mezzanine. When we got to our seats we realized a rail blocked half our view when we sat down which was a total bummer. That's why I was gonna see what people who have been here have thought before I went ahead and handed over my paycheck to the scalpers!

seating chart?

I was looking online for tickets, and I am getting conflicting reports on the venue mapping. Some websites have the following seating chart for the concert:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/150040AF8A834256

(click on seating chart link on right side of page)

while others have this seating chart:

http://tickets.mycityrocks.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=897207&event=Coldplay#

(click on 'click to see venue map' in upper right corner of site)

Numerous sites are displaying each seating chart. Does anyone know which one is correct as this would have a big impact on what tickets to get.

• 2 weeks later...

"So wait, my seat might suck? Oh gosh"

I think your seats will be fine! I was in section 6 up in the front. I STILL had a great time i was just disapointed i couldn't see the band as much as i wanted. Any seat to this concert is worth every penny!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody been to a Viva tour show and able to say whether front row of sec. 110 has any obstruction...is this a premium view seat, or no?

I sat in section 109 last time they were here in Aug and there was good view. It def wasn't "premium" but a fine view nonetheless.

Start Time?

My wife and I are attending the DC concert on Halloween...does anyone know the approximate time that the band takes the stage (tickets say 7:30 p.m. but I'm sure that contemplates opening act, etc.). We're not big Duffy fans and can stand to mis her...so just hoping I can get some guidance on the start time for Coldplay. Thanks...

And what if you want a Halloween that's somewhat unconventional?

· Coldplay is at Verizon Center on Halloween night. Put on some horn-rimmed glasses, an ironic T-shirt, a hoodie and your mopey face, and only you will know you're in costume. $49.50-$97.50. 7:30 p.m. Verizon Center, 601 F St. NW. 202-397-7328.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/23/AR2008102303864.html

:rolleyes:

I can't speak to the floor tickets in the Verizon center as I was in the 400s when I went in August, but when I went to Cleveland I was on the center of the floor and my view was awesome. I think it just depends where you end up and who ends up around you.

I think it sucks that they do that for the scalpers...I'd much rather get good tickets and pay money that's actually going to support the band. Course, as I say this it's looking like I'm about to pay an obscene amount of money for better seats on lovely Ebay XD