✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

31-Oct-08: Washington DC - Verizon Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on DC! I'm so disappointed! This thread should be JUMPING - we are seeing *Coldplay* on *Halloween*. I don't think it gets much better than that!

I plan on taking loads of pictures...provided I don't do what I did in Cleveland and get so caught up in the concert that I forget about trying for photos XD But if I remember they ought to turn out really nicely from where I'm sitting :D

[Coldplay Oxfam Blog] Halloween in the capital.

There is a weird skeleton-skull-ghost-doll thing hanging from the door of the production office. I’m sat right outside, with it watching over me.

Skeletons will walk the halls of the Verizon Center, Washington D.C. tonight. It’s Halloween, and the Coldplay crew are dressing up for the occasion. I hear rumours of all sorts of alterations to the show. Projections on spheres, confetti, lights, video.. it should be fun to see what gets thrown in to the party. One of the roadies has a mask which is proper freaky.. I’m sure the mood won’t be too dark though. After all, one of the songs is called ‘Death will never conquer’..!

Coldplay and Oxfam are back in Washington D.C. This is one of three venues being repeated from the last stint out here in the States.

I took advantage of the crisp winter weather yesterday, to check out the city. There is history everywhere. Past and present. One minute, I was running past the Lincoln and WWII memorials, the next, past a stage being constucted in a park in front of the White House, and on down Constitution Avenue. It’s now only 4 days until the election here. Good to get a chance to see the city this time. Last trip, we were whisked right through as the concerts rolled on.

22 more Oxfam volunteers will be gracing the venue tonight. I wonder how many witches and ghosts will be amongst them. Maybe we will have a trick or treat theme when they go about talking to the fans.. We already have the treat, the beloved Oxfam badge. I will have to think of a trick though.

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=91

Oh, I'm so excited to go again, even though I won't get those AMAZING seats like last time. It would be great to wear a costume, because DC is usually very festive during Halloween, but I have to wear my Viva shirt. I am wearing my jacket I made, so I could go as a ghost of a dead 18th century French revolutionary! :P

Angie has been stalking. Did not see the band as they arrived early for soundcheck. She could hear Viva La Vida being soundchecked and through a door she could see the stage, Chris's pianos, lasers going off. She said she would try and get online here in a little bit.

"I hear rumours of all sorts of alterations to the show. Projections on spheres, confetti, lights, video.. it should be fun to see what gets thrown in to the party."

AHHHH, I'M SO EXCITED! :dance: This is going to be SO awesome, I think even better than August!! :D I can't even voice my excitement in words right now...

Oh and does 8:15 sound early enough to arrive if I want to have time to settle in/buy out the merchandise table? :P

Ooh, fingers crossed for some fun festivities! I am armed with camera, loooots of SD cards, and what should hopefully be good seats so I'll try to take pictures as much as possible. I'm actually heading down to the Verizon Center in just a few minutes so I can try to sell my one remaining old ticket! This should be AMAZING.

:D