✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

31-Oct-08: Washington DC - Verizon Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Oh god, I can't wait either. I just spent ridiculously much money but I have seats that I hope will be awesome! I'm in the same section as you are actually ColdplayLost :D I tried taking photos in Cleveland but...my camera had not much zoom. And it didn't help that I was bouncing and singing along too much anyway for focus to work!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, now that I have my new AMAZING tickets for Friday, I want to let another Coldplay fan have my old really good tickets. I'm looking to sell 2 tickets together in the center area on the floor, section 2 row W. I sat in almost those exact seats in Cleveland, and lemme tell you the view was awesome!

I would love to get back the cost of what I paid for them - $250 per ticket - but am negotiable. Considering the late date, it's probably best to have us meet at the will-call area (or somewhere else in DC beforehand if you want to come late to the concert), but I'll happily send you photos of the tickets so you can buy confidently. Let me know here or via email at [email protected] if you're interested!

I hope everyone is as excited as I am for Friday!

Tomorrow will be awesome!

I'm selling two seats as well in section 111, row B. These are pretty awesome and I'm looking for face value ($250/both) or best offer for them. Please send me a message if you are interested and we can meet up beforehand.

The Anti-Halloween: Coldplay

Photo%20by%20Michael%20Temchine%20The%20Washington%20Post.JPG

PERHAPS THOSE OF you who actually have tickets to Friday night's Coldplay show can fill us in — is this something one wears a costume to? There's nothing particularly scary about Chris Martin and Co.'s ultra-safe brand of rock, but perhaps audience members will be feeling the spook-vibe nonetheless.

Either way, if "Viva la Vida" floats your boat (and, admittedly, it's hard not to get jazzed by those uppity string instruments), you'd probably be going to see them no matter what else was going on that night.

Hit up the concert early and then go adult trick-or-treating (you give a bartender money, he or she gives you a drink) around the Verizon Center.

» Verizon Center, 601 F St. NW; Fri., Oct. 31, 7:30 p.m., $49.50-$97.50; 202-397-7328. (Gallery Place)

Photo by Michael Temchine for The Washington Post

I would dress up, but I can't think of a good costume that would still let me wear my concert tee :/ If I could I would 100% dress up! I'm at least hoping they throw out candy or do something fun for halloween :)

Ambercat, the time on the ticket is the time (approximately) that Duffy goes on. Her set is usually about a half an hour, and then there's 15 minutes to a half an hour of setup before Coldplay. I'll be getting there a good bit before Duffy so I can bond with my seats and figure out how to adjust my camera for best pictures and everything. But if you really just want to see Coldplay and not Duffy, probably come at about 8:15 I'd say.

It would be so much fun if Gwyneth is there! Although I'd imagine one or the other of them would want to be home with their kids on Halloween. I guess we'll see!