• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coldplaymessenger_15.gif

coldplay.com.giffacebook.gifoxfam.giftwitter.gifstore.gif

STADIUM SHOWS ON SALE FRIDAY AT 9AM

bandpic.jpg

Hello again. Tickets for Coldplay's 2012 UK stadium dates go on sale this morning at 9am, UK time. The tickets, costing from £49.50, are available from gigsandtours.com, seetickets, ticketmaster.co.uk, ticketline.co.uk and theticketfactory.com.

There is a limit of six tickets per person. For full information on tickets, including telephone booking numbers and tickets for persons with a disability, click here. The dates are as follows:

Tuesday, 29 May - Coventry Ricoh Arena

Friday, 1 June - London Emirates Stadium

Saturday, 2 June - London Emirates Stadium

Thursday, 7 June - Sunderland Stadium of Light

Saturday, 9 June - Manchester Etihad Stadium

NEW T-SHIRTS IN THE COLDPLAY ONLINE SHOP

If there's a Coldplay-shaped gap in your wardrobe, then head over to the Official Coldplay Shop to check out a bunch of new Mylo Xyloto-related T-shirt designs which have just been added to the store.

RELIVE LAST NIGHT'S MANCHESTER SHOW

Last night in Manchester, Coldplay performed at the Children In Need Rocks show. Go to bbc.co.uk/pudsey and bbc.co.uk/radio1 to watch or listen again to the concert.

WIN A SIGNED

One of the new T-shirt designs is the natty White Symbol Tee. If you'd like to win one signed by the band, then simply email [email protected] before Friday 2 December. One entry per person, please.

Until next time.

The Coldplay Messenger

How do they actually determine for which 'win a signed thingy' you entered? The end-dates sometimes overlap :confused:

Although we probably want to win them all :lol:

Most people put the prize in the subject header, as far as I know. I guess if you don't, but you win, they just mail you whatever is most recent.

• 4 weeks later...

From a couple of days ago (what happened to #16? I never received that one :()

coldplaymessenger_17.gif

13 SUMMER SHOWS IN 9 COUNTRIES ANNOUNCED

Hello again.

We're pleased to announce that Coldplay are heading to mainland Europe in summer 2012 for a series of stadium shows. Both general sales and pre-sales for the various dates begin from tomorrow -
for all the information and links. And here are the details of the shows:

MAY

18 Porto, Portugal - Dragao Stadium

22 Nice, France - Stade Charles Herman / Nikaia

24 Turin, Italy - Olympic Stadium

26 Zurich, Switzerland - Letzigrund

AUGUST

28 Copenhagen, Denmark - Parken Stadium

30 Stockholm, Sweden - Olympic Stadium

SEPTEMBER

02 Paris, France - Stade de France

04 Cologne, Germany - Rheinenergie Stadium

06 The Hague, Netherlands - Malieveld

12 Munich, Germany - Olympiastadion

14 Leipzig, Germany - Red Bull Stadium

16 Prague, Czech Republic

22 Hannover, Germany - AWD Arena

The band have also just announced 21 dates in North America, plus tickets are still on sale for a couple of the UK stadium shows. Head to the Coldplay.com Live section for all the info.

SOME AMAZING LIVE VIDEOS

To get you in the mood for the shows, check out these two great new videos - the first is a live video for Charlie Brown, directed by Mat Whitecross and Mark Rowbotham. The second shows the band taking to the stage at the Manchester MEN show last weekend - check out the radio-controlled wristbands which the crowd are being given to wear on this tour...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq-7UBc3BPk&feature=player_embedded]Coldplay - Charlie Brown (Live) - YouTube[/ame][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtQg21gQ9tk]Manchester 4.12.11 (Digital Tour Pack Video) - YouTube[/ame]

That second video is part of the free Digital Tour Pack which you can get from
now.

WIN A SIGNED DRESSING ROOM DOOR SIGN

Would you like to win a Coldplay dressing room door sign, signed by the entire band? Then just email
before Friday 23 December. One entry per person, please.

Until next time.

The Coldplay Messenger

• 2 weeks later...

coldplaymessenger_18.gif

HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM COLDPLAY

Happy-Christmas.jpg

If you'd like to win Coldplay's original handwritten message shown above, just email
before 31 December. One entry per person, please.

The Coldplay Messenger

Hi, I'm sorry it might be a stupid question: do you usually put sth in the subject AND then email your whole address or just send an email without the whole address? Thanks a lot !!!

P.S.: It's the first time I post sth here and I'm from Luxembourg :) hello everyone

^Welcome ! :D

I put something like "to win Coldplay's handwritten message for Christmas" in the subject

and in the email I gave my whole address

But I've only done this kind of competition twice (including this new one) and I don't think I've won the first one (the signed dressing room sign) either...:confused:

• 4 weeks later...

coldplay_messenger1.gif

HEAR THE BAND TALK ABOUT THEIR

FIRST EVER SHOW

Hello again. We're back with a round-up on all things Coldplay. This week actually marks the 14th anniversary of Coldplay's first ever show, at the Laurel Tree in London on 16 January 1998, when they were still called Starfish.
to watch a great little film about the show on the official site.

WATCH A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT VIVA LA VIDA ONLINE

Swedish TV recently broadcast a terrific 30 minute documentary all about the Viva La Vida song - featuring interviews with Chris, Jonny, Phil, an astronaut and FC Barcelona's coach! The film is available online for viewers worldwide until 1 March -
to watch it..

vivalavida.jpg

VOTE FOR COLDPLAY IN THE BRITS

Last week, it was announced that Coldplay have been nominated for the British Album and British Group awards at the 2012 BRITs. The British Group award is being decided by a public vote and we'd very much appreciate it if you'd vote for the band to win by
. Thanks folks. The ceremony will take place on 21 February at The O2 in London - and it's been confirmed that Coldplay will perform live on the night.

home_brits.jpg

BAND TO PERFORM WITH RIHANNA AT THE GRAMMYS

It was announced this week that Coldplay will be joined by Rihanna for the first ever live performance of Princess Of China from Mylo Xyloto at this year's
(where Coldplay are up for three awards). The ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on Sunday 12 February..

ADD YOUR PICS/VIDS TO OUR ARCHIVE

If you went to one of the December shows, we'd love to see your photos and videos - which you can upload to the official site's
. You can also upload your pics/vids for any of the band's concerts since 2008 - and browse all the existing ones, by show or by tag (
, for example).

WIN A SIGNED HOLOGRAPHIC PRINT

If you would like to win a rare, promotional holographic print of the Mylo Xyloto artwork, signed by the entire band, then just email
before 27 January. One entry per person, please.

Nicely

The Coldplay Messenger