The Coldplay Messenger

Cobalt

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COLDPLAY'S NEW ALBUM OUT ON OCTOBER 24

PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY OF MYLO XYLOTO

Hello again. It's now less than two weeks until Coldplay's fifth album, Mylo Xyloto, is released. Click the links below to pre-order your copy now:

- Digitally from iTunes (and get new single Paradise, now)

- CD from Amazon UK

You can also still order the special pop-up, vinyl and CD editions of the album from our UK store.

UNSTAGED SHOW ON YOUTUBE ON 26 OCTOBER

On Wednesday, 26 October, Coldplay will perform a special American Express Unstaged show in Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas in Madrid, which will be webcast in countries across the world. The show will be directed by Anton Corbijn and stream live at http://www.youtube.com/coldplayVEVO at 9pm UK time. Before that, on Tuesday, 18 October, Coldplay will launch KROQ's new Red Bull Sound Space, which will be globally streamed via http://www.kroq.com/soundspace. That show begins at 3.30pm UK time.

COLDPLAY UP FOR THREE MTV AWARDS

Coldplay have been nominated for three awards at this year's MTV EMA Awards (Best Live, Best Rock, Best UK/Ireland act). If you'd like to, you can vote for the band to win at tv.mtvema.com/vote (no registration needed, just a simple click). Thanks folks.

COLDPLAY.COM UPDATE

We're very pleased to report that Coldplay.com was named the Best Official Site at this year's BT Digital Music Awards (thanks for all your votes). Head over to the official site for the very latest news, plus the Oracle's answers to your questions and Roadie #42's excellent blogs (he's posted some belters in the last few weeks). We're also running regular contests to be in the audience for all of Coldplay's big TV appearances. Meanwhile, for the latest Coldplay T-shirts head to the Coldplay Shop.

WIN A SIGNED COPY OF MYLO XYLOTO

For our latest exclusive Messenger contest, we've giving away a signed copy of the Mylo Xyloto album on CD (personally dedicated to the winner). If you'd like to win it, then just email your name and address to [email protected] before Tuesday 18 October. (One entry per person, please.)

Until next time.

The Coldplay Messenger

here is the French version:)

NOUVEL ALBUM DE COLDPLAY LE 24 OCTOBRE

PRE-COMMANDEZ MYLO XYLOTO

Hello again. Plus que 2 semaines jusqu'à la sortie du 5ème album de Coldplay, Mylo Xyloto. Cliquez sur les liens ci-dessous pour pré-commander votre album.

- Sur iTunes

- Sur Amazon

- Sur la Fnac

Vous pouvez également commander l'édition spéciale pop-up, le vinyle ou les CD sur notre boutique en ligne.

UNSTAGED SHOW SUR YOUTUBE LE 26 OCTOBRE

Mercredi 26 Octobre, Coldplay sera sur la scène du American Express Unstaged show sur la Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas de Madrid, concert qui sera diffusé en direct à travers le monde. Cette performance sera dirigée par Anton Corbijn et retransmise en direct sur http://www.youtube.com/coldplayVEVO à 22 heures (heure française). Avant cela, mardi 18 Octobre, Coldplay lancera le nouveau Red Bull Sound Space de KROQ, diffusé en streaming sur http://www.kroq.com/soundspace. à 16h30 (heure française).

COLDPLAY UP EN COURSE POUR 3 MTV AWARDS

Coldplay sont nommés dans 3 catégories des MTV EMA Awards (Best Live, Best Rock, Best UK/Ireland act). Si vous le souhaitez, vous pouvez voter pour le groupe sur tv.mtvema.com/vote (pas besoin de s'inscrire, un clic suffit). Thanks folks.

COLDPLAY.COM

Nous sommes très heureux d'annoncer que Coldplay.com a gagné le prix du meilleur site officiel aux BT Digital Music Awards (merci pour tous vos votes). Rendez-vous sur le site officiel pour retrouver toute l'actu du groupe, les réponses de l'Oracle à vos questions et les excellents blog de Roadie #42. Nous lançons aussi régulièrement des concours pour assister aux enregistrements d'émissions télé de Coldplay. D'ici là, pour retrouver les derniers T-shirts Coldplay rendez-vous dans le Coldplay Shop.

GAGNEZ UN EXEMPLAIRE SIGNE DE MYLO XYLOTO

Pour notre dernier concours Messenger exclusif, nous mettons en jeu un CD Mylo Xyloto signé (au nom du gagnant). Pour tenter votre chance, envoyez votre nom et adresse par mail à [email protected] avant le mardi 18 Octobre. (Une inscription par personne, svp.)

A bientôt.

The Coldplay Messenger

I can post the one in Italian, but I don't think you would understand a thing.

Apart from the competition to win a signed album there's nothing we don't already know, it's just a news round up.

Thanks. I can't speak Italian, but I can read it enough to follow along. But if all that's new is the contest, I already know the email,lol. :)

EDIT: Wow! My French is still pretty decent too,lol.

Haha, why couldn't they do one in Dutch? So easy to learn. :P

Question. When you guys enter the competition, do you write anything else apart from your name and address?

I always feel awkward writing something extra, but it's also kinda weird not to. It's either 'hey I'm very much currying favor cause I wanna win' or 'I don't care, just give me that signed album.'

I've received it too and mine is in spanish! Are they translating everything to our languages? What a great job, until today everything was in english XD

today i received it in Spanish .. how can i get it back to English again?? :\

Apart from the competition to win a signed album there's nothing we don't already know

even the competition was announced in previous email from messenger. I remember i entered in the competition quite a while ago

I received the new one in English.

Haha, why couldn't they do one in Dutch? So easy to learn. :P

Question. When you guys enter the competition, do you write anything else apart from your name and address?

I always feel awkward writing something extra, but it's also kinda weird not to. It's either 'hey I'm very much currying favor cause I wanna win' or 'I don't care, just give me that signed album.'

I just do a very short mail, like "Hello or goodmorning, here are my details to enter the competition". I don't think they read the extras, but just pick out 1 email that wins, no matter what's typed in that mail.

2010_mailer_11.jpg

xylo_logo.gif

WATCH THE BRAND NEW PARADISE VIDEO

Hello again. We're very pleased to announce that the new Paradise video is now live. Click below to watch the Mat Whitecross-directed video, which was filmed in London and South Africa.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg&feature=player_embedded]Coldplay - Paradise - YouTube[/ame]

Paradise is, of course, taken from the new album Mylo Xyloto, which is released on 24 October.

Click here to order the album from your local iTunes Store, or click here to find a CD or digital retailer where you are.

GET YOUR OWN MYLO XYLOTO INITIALS

Whether you're an LG, a TY or a JZ you can now get your initials in a Mylo Xyloto artwork style by clicking here (we're already enjoying seeing lots of the personalised artworks appearing on Twitter and Facebook). And while you're in the mood for personalising, you can also create your own butterfly which may be featured during Coldplay's American Express UNSTAGED show in Madrid on Wed 26 Oct by clicking here.

WIN A SIGNED COLDPLAY CAP

If you'd like to win one of the new Coldplay caps signed by the entire band, then just send an email to [email protected] before Wednesday 26 October. (One entry per person, please.)

Until next time.

The Coldplay Messenger

2010_mailer_12.jpg

COLDPLAY'S NEW ALBUM, MYLO XYLOTO, OUT NOW

Hello again. Coldplay's fifth album, Mylo Xyloto, is now available across the planet. Click the links below to get your copy:

MXcover.jpg

- Download from iTunes

- Pop-Up, vinyl or CD edition from Coldplay store

- Find an online CD/digital retailer where you are

Click here to watch a video telling you more about the special, limited edition Pop-Up Edition.

COLDPLAY LIVE SHOWS ONLINE THIS WEEK

There are two Coldplay live shows which fans across the planet can experience online this week. On Wednesday, 26 October, the band will perform a very special American Express Unstaged show in Madrid, which will webcast at http://www.youtube.com/coldplayVEVO at 10pm Spanish time / 9pm UK time / 4pm ET / 1pm PT. Then, the following night, you'll be able to hear the band's Norwich show via BBC Radio 1's website at 7pm UK time / 2pm ET / 11am PT. Coldplay.com will be going along to both shows, so check the website for behind-the-scenes news and pictures.

WIN A SIGNED MADRID SETLIST

If you'd like to win a setlist from Wednesday's Madrid show signed by the whole band, then just send an email to [email protected] before Monday 31 October. (One entry per person, please.)

Until next time.

The Coldplay Messenger

2011_mailer_13.jpg

THIS WEEK'S STORMING CONCERTS AVAILABLE ON-DEMAND

Hello again. It's been a busy/exciting/overwhelming/amazing week for Coldplay - with Mylo Xyloto finally released (and already topping the album chart in all 35 iTunes Stores around the world!).

Enormous thanks to everyone who's bought the album so far. We hope you like it. If you haven't got it yet, you can get it from the following:

- Download from iTunes

- [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0053YGYO4/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=coldplaycom-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B0053YGYO4]CD from Amazon UK[/ame]

- [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mylo-Xyloto-Coldplay/dp/B0053YGYO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319444989&sr=8-1]CD from Amazon USA[/ame]

- UK/rest of the world: Pop-Up, vinyl or CD edition from Coldplay store

- USA/Canada: Pop-Up, vinyl or CD edition from Coldplay store

- Find an online CD/digital retailer where you are

WATCH WEDNESDAY'S MADRID UNSTAGED SHOW

On Wednesday night, Coldplay performed an American Express UNSTAGED show in Madrid's stunning Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas. If you weren't able to watch it live online, you have until tomorrow morning (Saturday) to see the whole 19-song show on-demand by clicking here. If you miss the full stream, you can watch nine individual songs on-demand at youtube.com/coldplayvevo.

You can also see our phone-filmed footage of the band warming-up with a dressing room rendition of Hurts Like Heaven, two minutes before they went on stage, by

HEAR THURSDAY'S NORWICH SHOW

The night after Madrid, the band played an equally memorable show at Norwich's tiny UEA venue, for BBC Radio 1. For the next 6 days, you can hear the entire set on the BBCiPlayer (skip to 1 hour in). You can also hear the three songs - including a Rihanna cover - they performed for the Live Lounge in UEA's student bar that morning, by clicking here (skip to 2hrs 3m). And if that still leaves you wanting more, check out our Coldplay.com live blog from Norwich.

WIN A SIGNED NORWICH SETLIST

If you'd like to win a setlist from the Norwich show, signed by the whole band, then just send an email to [email protected] before Friday 4 November. (One entry per person, please.)

See you soon.

The Coldplay Messenger

• 2 weeks later...

coldplaymessenger_14.gif

coldplay.com.giffacebook.gifoxfam.giftwitter.gifstore.gif

FIVE UK STADIUM SHOWS CONFIRMED FOR 2012

bandpic.jpg

Hello again. We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay will play five UK stadium shows in summer 2012. The dates are as follows:

Tuesday, 29 May - Coventry Ricoh Arena

Friday, 1 June - London Emirates Stadium

Saturday, 2 June - London Emirates Stadium

Thursday, 7 June - Sunderland Stadium of Light

Saturday, 9 June - Manchester Etihad Stadium

Tickets, costing from £49.50, go on sale at 9am on Friday, 18 November through gigsandtours.com, ticketmaster.co.uk, ticketline.co.uk and theticketfactory.com. There is a limit of six tickets per person. For full information on tickets, including booking numbers and tickets for persons with a disability, click here.

We'll have some tour news for those of you in North America and Europe soon...

THANK YOU

As of the last count, Mylo Xyloto has now reached Number One in the album charts of 32 countries (more than any other album this year). So it's official - Coldplay fans really are the best in the world. Thank you.

THE STORY OF THE PARADISE VIDEO

Whose idea was it to dress the band as elephants? Can Chris really ride a unicycle? Who plays the zoo keepers? If you'd like to know the full inside story of the Paradise video, then click here to read our exclusive interview with the video's director, Mat Whitecross.

WIN A SIGNED SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE THINGY

On Saturday night, those of you in the US can see Coldplay on NBC's Saturday Night Live. If you'd like to win an as-yet-unspecified souvenir from the recording, signed by the band, then email [email protected] before Tuesday 25 November. One entry per person, please.

Until next time.

The Coldplay Messenger

For Gmail users, Coldplay posted this on Facebook earlier today

Gmail users, EMI have been having some problems with our Coldplay Messenger newsletter hitting spam folders recently. To ensure you get them, please click Contacts then Add To My Contacts and add [email protected] - thanks very much. (One has gone out today, with a contest to win something signed from tomorrow night's Saturday Night Live appearance.)