✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

maybe i am naive, but...i saw yesterday that someone from this board already found the bakery...and when he/she lives in london...why can't he/she just go there, note the adress and...here we go!?

or isn't there any adress, house-number etc...

we don't know the house number but shouldn't be a problem as we can find the postcode, using eithe rof the businesses next door or the Royal Mail Postcode finder

we could send them to someone in the UK and they could bring the giant box of cards down to the Bakery, knock on the door and run away. :P

knock & run :o

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:stunned: how i didn't knew about this thread before?

i thought to gave them a bag with postcards from the cities of my region at Barcelona's concert, and i didn't do it ... :uhoh:

I wanna join this project, in fact i used to collect Postcards :nice:

great idea Lore :clap:

This thread popped around 10:30 PM New York time last night, and kept many of us Coldplayers from doing our homework or going to bed on time... :laugh3:

But it's amazing how fast the thread grew- probably because we are really excited about it!

we don't know the house number but shouldn't be a problem as we can find the postcode, using eithe rof the businesses next door or the Royal Mail Postcode finder

knock & run :o

I will visit The Bakery in the 2nd part of this month and maybe will drag out some of their post from the mailbox to get the hold of the actual address:))

No, kidding, but there has to be house number somewhere there or stg like this. I will keep my eyes wide open!!!!

1 possible idea:

In order to stay with the theme, identify us as a group AND encourage creativity, how about all return addresses should just state : From Far Away. The actual postcard itself should identify what far flung place that is. (Whether purchased or created by sender)

Love this idea!

I also think 1 postcard should be enough, and a butterfly as logo sounds great.

So yeah, I'm in too. Awesome idea :flutterby: :cheesy:

WOW, everyone else appeared while I slept!

Have I missed anything important, plans-wise? I noticed people discussing how to get the postcards to the bakery... Oh and I know that sending a postcard from the US' East Coast to London takes between 1-2 weeks, depending on how much you want to pay.

WOW, everyone else appeared while I slept!

Have I missed anything important, plans-wise? I noticed people discussing how to get the postcards to the bakery... Oh and I know that sending a postcard from the US' East Coast to London takes between 1-2 weeks, depending on how much you want to pay.

Hmmm.... really? When Chavi sent me butterflies from France it only took a few days. :flutterby: Maybe it made a difference that it was an envelope and not a postcard, so the shipping was more?:thinking:

Love this idea!

I also think 1 postcard should be enough, and a butterfly as logo sounds great.

So yeah, I'm in too. Awesome idea :flutterby: :cheesy:

Yes, and someone could design a butterfly which we can all download and print and put on the postcard.

and I like the From Far Away as the sender idea also

Hmmm.... really? When Chavi sent me butterflies from France it only took a few days. :flutterby: Maybe it made a difference that it was an envelope and not a postcard, so the shipping was more?:thinking:

Really? Well when I was living there this summer, I sent postcards home and it took a week at the least. Maybe they're more lazy in the summer? :P

Good morning, by the way! I had a dream last night in which I actually met Chris... I think this board has finally made me go mad!

Yes, and someone could design a butterfly which we can all download and print and put on the postcard.

and I like the From Far Away as the sender idea also

Last night Chelsea (approximatelyinfinite) said she would get to work on designing some kind of logo. :)

As soon as it's all done, I'm sure it will get posted up here!

Really? Well when I was living there this summer, I sent postcards home and it took a week at the least. Maybe they're more lazy in the summer? :P

Good morning, by the way! I had a dream last night in which I actually met Chris... I think this board has finally made me go mad!

Hahahaha... I know, it's getting a little ridiculous. I went to sleep as soon as I signed off last night and now that I'm up I'm back here.

Oh well, what do I expect I guess?

Hahahaha... I know, it's getting a little ridiculous. I went to sleep as soon as I signed off last night and now that I'm up I'm back here.

Oh well, what do I expect I guess?

Yup, same here. The dream made me a little sad, though, because it reminded me that I'll never actually meet them! Unless I figure out a way to find them before SNL...

we could send them to someone in the UK and they could bring the giant box of cards down to the Bakery, knock on the door and run away. :P

we should do that if we cant find the right address to the bakery !

just put the postcard in an envelop so the address of the one living in The UK wont be on the postcard, and just write THE BAKERY on the postcard.

yep it was pretty fast, i was impressed as it only cost me 1,70€ to send it.

Last night Chelsea (approximatelyinfinite) said she would get to work on designing some kind of logo. :)

As soon as it's all done, I'm sure it will get posted up here!

Cool.

I have just read abt this project a few minutes ago for the first time but I love it a lot already:D

^^ or use our country/state flag ? :)

--having some kind of logo(butterflies:flutterby::flutterby::flutterby:??) or/and making sure everyone puts Postcards from Far Away Project/coldplaying.com is a MUST

--everyone signing NAME, from COUNTRY (so the whole "from far away" thing comes across)

--maybe not the whole message needs to be in your own language, just maybe one same phrase that everyone agrees on; 'cause though Chris can manage to memorize how to say "Thanks for coming to the show" in any language, I doubt the guys are fluent in every language they could receive postcards from LOL

Ok, there's my 2cents :blush:

Yeah we definitely should put in big bold letters POSTCARDS FROM FAR AWAY PROJECT/Coldplaying.com !!!

and using our own language is abvisouly a great idea ! :nice:

Cant wait for all this to happen ! and hopefully they'll really appreciate it and maybe we'll get some good feed back :D

ok, summary or what we have up to now:

- Butterfly-logo, designed by:chelsea?

- motto: postcards from far away on it

- best: sned directly to the bakery.

questions:

- should we send them all at the same time, so that they arrive at the same...?

maybe they must be collected somwhere...and i guess, the guys have a break in december - christmas - so they are back home, maybe in the studio - so the the postcards must be there at this time...difficult? doable? (sorry for my confused writing)

another idea: what about the oxfam-guy again: can we give the postcards to him an then - at any gig - he brings them on stage..it's a surprise as well...and great.

or we send them to one official coldplay-member and he collects them and surprises the guys on tour/on stage...?

sorry, i'm too busy for constructive suggestions...i'll write later;-)