✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I google mapped the bistro. I have a feeling the face of the building may actually be on the side on Agincourt Rd. because I didn't see another street that would run parallel to Fleet. I think the fleet rd. entrance was just shipping and receiving for the old bakery.

There's a photo of that side of the building on the Bakery thread, and it seems to be just a wall along there, but hard to tell as the size of the pic isn't that big.

Oh man if they had a mail slot in the door it would be so funny for someone to sneak down there each night and drop a few through the door and then each night increase the amount so that by the end of the week there were hundreds waiting for them to come to work. :P

Maybe us Londoners can fill the building up with butterflies from the O2 gigs for when they arrive in the morning :D

It does look like there might be a letter box there, can anyone who's visited so far confirm?

Yeah, but sending the postcards to an address that's an educated guess is pretty risky. The post office might've already been told not to deliver letters there that don't have an exact address or something...

The Post Office wouldn't do that, but agreed it's pretty risky.

^^^ i believe there's a little letter box, considering that someone visited the bakery and left them a message <according to the bakery thread>

And Lore, i :heart:LOVE:heart: this idea!!!!!

I've spent all morning reading this thread and i'm incredibly excited!!!!

We've got work to do people!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ohhh yay every time I get back from class or wherever I go and read everything that's been added to this thread I get so excited! I do like the idea for having a template for the back side of the postcard... that way there is plenty of room for people to get creative on the front and then on the back they will all look they came from the same group of people!

Mary once wrote a letter to Dave Holmes management company begging for back stage passes (god bless Mary :laugh3: ) maybe we could try management approach.

:laugh3:

management approach it's a good idea but.. does anyone know how to contact them?

Just a few comments here.....

I personally would preffer to send the postcard in an envelope to someone in the UK, that could take all the postcards to the bakery or the address that we find most convinient. I just think that it would seem as more of a group effort, and it would be more surprising to get all of them at once than one or two every few days.......

Plus, taking Jessica's experience in consideration, god knows how long it would take the postcards to actually make it to their hands......

But i know that could be hard to arrange, so is just a thought.

Also, i took the previously posted postcard and decided to do a version <hope you don't mind Angie!!>, maybe something can come out of this......

postcard.jpg?t=1223396329

I liked some ideas that people posted, so i used them there. Maybe we can add people's country flags, and decide on one specific phrase to write in our native language, and the rest in english.

What do you think??? :thinking:

Haha ! but it's alright, just stay with us and give us some more great ideas ! :D

Ooh I wonder what they'll do with all the postcards now.. :nice:

I'm at home now

but I'm so sleepy that I don't really have any new idea... and I'll have another test tomorrow :bigcry:

but the ideas posted are really good!

it's great to see lots of people joining to this :P

I personally would preffer to send the postcard in an envelope to someone in the UK, that could take all the postcards to the bakery or the address that we find most convinient. I just think that it would seem as more of a group effort, and it would be more surprising to get all of them at once than one or two every few days.......

Plus, taking Jessica's experience in consideration, god knows how long it would take the postcards to actually make it to their hands......

I liked some ideas that people posted, so i used them there. Maybe we can add people's country flags, and decide on one specific phrase to write in our native language, and the rest in english.

I love that ! it looks really good :nice:

Agreed about sending the postcard in an envelop to someone in The UK so they'll get a huge box full of postcards on their doorstep at the same time !

*thinks of a sentence to write in different languages*

Pris.. it's lovely! :D

we'll need a poll to choose the template and all the stuff :P

Aww, thanxx!!!!

But yeah, we definetely need a poll, but we probably need more comments on the whole thing!!!

We also need some people with corel skills for the postcard template!!!!! :P

I'd be happy to deliver the postcards for anyone who wanted to do it like that. Unfortunately I'm not the homeowner here though, and he doesn't want me to give the address out over the internet...(which is fair enough I suppose)...

Yeah, I still like the whole "deliver them in one package" idea... I envy whoever would get to deliver them! :P

Ian should be the one ! :cool:

or Lore, because that was her idea.. but I dont think she'll get all the way from Chile to London..

Ian should be the one ! :cool:

or Lore, because that was her idea.. but I dont think she'll get all the way from Chile to London..

:bigcry: I'm so far from there :bigcry:

it'd be too hard to be able to deliver the postcards to the band.. but maybe we could give the postcards to someone of their crew and then he/she would give the postcards to the guys

maybe when Ian go see them in Manchester ! :uhoh:

oooooooooooorrrr yeah if we cant reach the band at the venue, just ask Pete from Oxfam ! (now he's useful :lol:)

but then.. the idea of sending it to The Bakery is the best.

:cheesy: oh my god, look at the thread!!

i'm cak for like 20 mins, then i really have to go again :sad:

Last night Chelsea (approximatelyinfinite) said she would get to work on designing some kind of logo. :)

As soon as it's all done, I'm sure it will get posted up here!

haha, well i didn't say I would design the logo--i'm crap at this sort of thing. i was going to ask semy, photoshop extrordinaire, but he' having computer problems at the moment, and we have some lovely ones here!

Really? Well when I was living there this summer, I sent postcards home and it took a week at the least. Maybe they're more lazy in the summer? :P

Good morning, by the way! I had a dream last night in which I actually met Chris... I think this board has finally made me go mad!

when i was living in holland, i mailed a batch of like 15 postcards home. some took three days to arrive, some took a MONTH, and they were all the same, mailed to the same area at the same time from the same mailbox. i think it really depends, and it's hard to judge when things will arrive. i was thinking about having everyone START mailing the postcards like november 25 (around american thanksgiving...AND when prospekt's march is released) and then STOP mailing them like december 20.

and as for postcard costs: for me to mail a single postcard from holland to america, it cost one euro. unless you're REALLY hurting for money, i don't think this is really going to be an actual issue for anyone, but of course if it is, this isn't obligatory :D

But i know that could be hard to arrange, so is just a thought.

Also, i took the previously posted postcard and decided to do a version <hope you don't mind Angie!!>, maybe something can come out of this......

postcard.jpg?t=1223396329

:cheesy:

i LOVE the template. i LOVE the spot for the flag. i LOVE everything.

however, i think delivering postcards to the bakery in person in one load is impractical and hard to do. i agree it would be much cooler that way, but i fear that's where our plan would unravel.

Hmmm, I'm a bit nervous about sending all of these postcards to an address that we're not 100% sure about... As good as that address sounds, I don't want it to backfire!

agreed. in my opinion, we either need to have a confirmed address from debs, or we mail it to the EMI address we already have (which DOES work).

from the pics I have seen, it doesn't look like there is any place to deliver mail to the alley door. Does the Barkey have another door, maybe on the other side facing a different street? If we can't get a real address, I say we either contact Debs to ask where to send them, or send them to the address that people from here have gotten an actual response from.

the alley door is not the bakery. when semy and i went, you go around the corner on the next road (i think it's agincourt), and there's a gate onto a little car park/court yard that was locked, and the entrance was there. i did't see a mailbox, but apparently there is one. all the same, unless we can get a bakery address (i'm not optimistic that debs will give us one), i think we shouldn't try to mail them there.

i LOVE all the enthusiasm!!! i think this will really work!

that's also possible, about sending them to debs, but i don't know. i worry that if we send them to the wrong place, this will all come to nothing. we know the EMI address works. i think it only took like 6 months for jessica to get a response because they needed to wait for coldplay to be around again to sign and personalize the albums. plus, packages take longer than postcards to be mailed, and there's more to read in a package containing a letter rather than a single postcard. i think her package ARRIVED at EMI in like 2 weeks max, but they just didn't get to it for a long time. i think that if EMI was suddenly INNUNDATED with mail for coldplay, the guys would hear about it from someone and their interest would perk.

i'm just not optimistic about getting a bakery address, and i don't think we should mail anything anywhere but to an address debs says would work, or the already working EMI address.