✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

ok, lore, i'm sorry. it's true, i think we should be allowed to go off-topic. i understand you disagree with that. you could have made it more obvious, to me and the other posters, before changing everything. you could have PMed me or IMed me or something.

but if no one was replying, you then seem to be the only person that was really that put off by it. i didn't see much confusion, either, nothing that wasn't cleared up in one replied post.

i know i'm hammering this to death, and i very rarely get mad, but this is pissing me off because in my opinion, all the wrong roads were taken and it just got worse anyway. to make it even more annoying, i'm angry, and i don't like being angry :P

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we need to argue about it, soon we'll have an update and lots of things to talk about. I also don't think we need strict rules to the topic, this way things will get pretty strange, all we need to do is reconsider our behavement, maybe the jaffa cake thing was really excessive and not everyone used to like it, but in fact we've all gone offtopic many and many times. Lore indeed warned us many times, and she was only doing her duty as a mod. The merge thing was a bit drastic, but she must have felt really bad being ignored :(

Lore, the first post had all the updates, as you can see. And i didn't see anyone getting confused by the off-topic talk, either - if you could quote the posters that were getting confused, that would make this a bit clearer. But anyone with half a braincell would realise that UPDATES would be put in the FIRST POST, and not the most recent ones. I still don't really see what the problem is.

(i'll do the grunt work and report back to a mod)

if you send me the relevant post numbers (think you ought to be able to see them, they're top right corner of the post for me, but I'm not sure if thats an admin feature :confused: ) I can move them into a new thread

Lore, the first post had all the updates, as you can see. And i didn't see anyone getting confused by the off-topic talk, either - if you could quote the posters that were getting confused, that would make this a bit clearer. But anyone with half a braincell would realise that UPDATES would be put in the FIRST POST, and not the most recent ones. I still don't really see what the problem is.

it didn't until a few minutes ago

If we all promise to behave ourselves, will you two make up?

Lore & Chelsea, you two have done AMAZING work and this project would never have worked without you. It's been so much fun, because it's brought us all so much closer together. I would hate it, if right at the end, when we can finally celebrate, there would be any bad feeling amongst any of us.

Monday should be an awesome day for us all, but especially you two. And if we've all gone a little mad over the last couple of days, it's just because we're so excited about this fabulous project reaching it's conclusion.

Please can we all put aside any differences and just focus on what I'm sure will be a wonderful report from Debs?

@Semy who seems angry:

True dat...

Can't you guys make another thread for your incessant Jaffa cake obsession so when Debs posts, if she does, the rest of us don't have to read 20 pages of that to find it...???

and every post after that just ignored it

If we all promise to behave ourselves, will you two make up?

Lore & Chelsea, you two have done AMAZING work and this project would never have worked without you. It's been so much fun, because it's brought us all so much closer together. I would hate it, if right at the end, when we can finally celebrate, there would be any bad feeling amongst any of us.

Monday should be an awesome day for us all, but especially you two. And if we've all gone a little mad over the last couple of days, it's just because we're so excited about this fabulous project reaching it's conclusion.

Please can we all put aside any differences and just focus on what I'm sure will be a wonderful report from Debs?

the reason i don't allow myself to get angry is because i don't handle it well. i'm stunned that i let this get to me, but it did, and because i don't handle anger well, it's going to be hard for me to step back from it.

i know what i think should be done, but i don't see it happening. i think now what i should do, after i've thoroughly embarrassed myself by getting angry over a THREAD, is just step back from all this. i'll come back in here on monday and have my squee and have done with it.

i don't mean to be childish by pouting in the corner. my point is that i'm not going to go on talking about what i think should be done and why i think this was a bad decision if no one's going to consider what i'm saying anyway. i might as well just remove myself from the thread, which is just a mess now in more ways than one, and focus on the outcome of the project, without a thread to do it in. i'm just being angry and annoying and it's not getting anyone anywhere if we're not going to consider each others' opinions on how to fix it, and if we're just going to point fingers about who messed it up in the first place. rather than arguing about it, i think we should FIX it together, but i don't see that happening either.

if things start to improve in terms of clarity, i'll come back in and help out with anything that's needed. but if this is just going to remain a big pile of mixed-up laundry, i might as well not sort through it.

i'm sorry for pissing off whoever from the get-go (though i wish someone had told me), and i'm sorry for letting this small matter of a thread make me angry :P. i'm embarrassed, and i don't see constructive discussion on how to make this better, so i'm out, short of a few squees on monday :wink:.

come on guys. whats done is done. lets stop the arguing.

I know where to find the first post of the second thread, so after my pizza, some wine, and a dose of Heroes, I'll start on trying to do a manual unmerge. 170 pages is nothing, right? :p

if you only listen to mods, you will miss Debs posts :uhoh:

Every rule has an exception! :P

I know where to find the first post of the second thread, so after my pizza, some wine, and a dose of Heroes, I'll start on trying to do a manual unmerge. 170 pages is nothing, right? :p

Thanx Jen :kiss:

@ Chelsea: I don't think you got angry that much, it was normal to say the stuff that you said as you worked soooo hard on organizing the 1st post, so, chill out & do come before Monday :kiss:

i'm completely willing to help with any grunt work :D. i think this will be best for the clarity of the project, and will make monday all the better.

That would be amazing :cheesy:! Thank you :nice:

And if anyone needs me to search for stuff, I'll be happy to help. Its a friday night and I have nothing better to do anyway :P

i'm completely willing to help with any grunt work :D. i think this will be best for the clarity of the project, and will make monday all the better.

that'd be cool, ty :)

I think if we only try and salvage the on-topic posts from the other thread, and leave all the jaffa cakes behind. Hopefully, that'll clear the air somewhat.

Ok I probably shouldn't butt in here, but I can't help it. (and you can tell me to STFU:wink:)

Guys, chill!!!:smiley: Monday will be here soon, and then we'll all be squeeing and celebrating and excited over the conclusion of this wonderful project, which was always about WORKING TOGETHER. Just reading the last few pages got me sooo tense, which is the exact opposite of what I come to these boards for!:bigcry:

I can see both sides of this. Lore, you were right, the off-topicness got outta hand, and as someone who mostly lurks here and only checks in every few days, it was kind of a pain to have to go through several pages of jaffa-cakes/smiley art to figure out what the latest news is. (even though it was amusing) On the other hand, Chelsea, you were right, off-topicness can't always be helped, and it was all in good fun, just killing time until we got some news from Debs. And I can understand why it would be frustrating to you, after all your work keeping things organized & updating 1st posts, etc, to all of a sudden have that flipped upside down. But maybe for the sake of clarity& organization, the jaffa-cake talk could've gone in another thread, so that this one was only for postcards-related stuff...

ANYWAY. What's done is done. Let's put all of this behind us;), and just take a deep breath, think about MOnday(squee!:dance:) and be friends again, please!?!?! I always hated when the grown-ups fought when I was a kid, and this kinda feels like our thread parents--Lore&Chelsea--having a fight.:confused:

So let's all go eat some jaffa cakes and listen to some Coldplay:D, and look forward to Monday so we can all celebrated together!!!!:nice:

[/butting in]