🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the solution is to get one coldplayer to London:))))) Maybe I will just stay there, not returning after the end of October and will deliver all- well I will be livign in boxes ater a while so will be hard to reach... hehe kidding of course

Is there not a Coldplayer in London that we could send them to, then they could deliver them?

It would be really cool if they all arrived at once - it would have more impact, don't you think?

Well that's what we've been discussing since the beginning, but we're just not sure which method will be more reliable/ easier. :\

maybe i'm just being a big old pessimist, though :P

i just don't want this to get caught in some loophole in the plan, like them getting destroyed by rain or stolen by a hobo in belsize park :D

I got the funiest picture in my head of a tramp running down the street carrying a huge box :laugh3: (Sorry, homelessness isn't funny, but that comment just tickled me!)

Back to business:

Ok, I live in Liverpool in the Northwest of England, but I can go down South at the beginning of December...

Anyone closer than that who's prepared to make a delivery?

Is there not a Coldplayer in London that we could send them to, then they could deliver them?

It would be really cool if they all arrived at once - it would have more impact, don't you think?

we've been debating this for two days now, and half of us seem to think it would work fine, and the other half seem to think it has too many loopholes and dangers (well, maybe that's just me, but i want to play it SAFE!)

i agree about them arriving at once, but i think it's potentially disasterous for reasons that i wrote above.

this weekend lore and i are emailing debs to see if she has a better idea (if she even responds :P).

I would offer to deliver them myself as I live near London, have places to stay there, and will be attending at least two of the o2 gigs, but they could be probably be delivered to the crew by prior arrangement at any of the UK gigs, so Ian and Jen really should have the honour of doing it, if they'd like to and it's practical for them. After that, our good UK based mods surely deserve the honour.

we've been debating this for two days now, and half of us seem to think it would work fine, and the other half seem to think it has too many loopholes and dangers (well, maybe that's just me, but i want to play it SAFE!)

i agree about them arriving at once, but i think it's potentially disasterous for reasons that i wrote above.

this weekend lore and i are emailing debs to see if she has a better idea (if she even responds :P).

I think we're starting to repeat ourselves.

;)

I think we should let this debate rest for a little while until we get an idea of how helpful our contacts will be...

I would offer to deliver them myself as I live near London, have places to stay there, and will be attending at least two of the o2 gigs, but they could be probably be delivered to the crew by prior arrangement at any of the UK gigs, so Ian and Jen really should have the honour of doing it, if they'd like to and it's practical for them. After that, our good UK based mods surely deserve the honour.

Oh my God, that's brilliant - of course Ian & Jen should do it (providing they want to!)

Oh my God, that's brilliant - of course Ian & Jen should do it (providing they want to!)

Yeah, we were discussing whether or not Ian and Jen can bring the cards to the gigs, but we're not sure if they just have normal tickets, or if they're somehow in touch with management.

;)

I think we should let this debate rest for a little while until we get an idea of how helpful our contacts will be...

you know i'm good at it :lol:

agreed about letting it rest. i need to do work anyway.

:vanish: :lipsrsealed2:

email to debs will be out next week.

LAST TIME I REPEAT MYSELF, I PROMISE! :D

All right then, will be all ears and eyes LOL to see what comes out finally

Haha, yeah...

And I need to do work too! Must... leave... this thread! (I'll probably be back in like 10 minutes) :curtain:

And the send date for the email sounds good! Let me know when you start tackling the ending :)

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by kimchi;2569523

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree

Yeah, we were discussing whether or not Ian and Jen can bring the cards to the gigs, but we're not sure if they just have normal tickets, or if they're somehow in touch with management.

I don't think it matters what kind of tickets they have. Anyone who's going to a gig could almost certainly get this to the band, although of course with their position they would have an extra hope of arranging things in advance to make things smooth.

I guess the main thing is that this is going to be a huge job for someone - receiving all the post, taking it to deliver, thinking about all this rather than just concentrating on the gig they've paid so much to see. It just might not be practical for people, so we need to understand that.

Should we promote this elsewhere than here? I would love many many people joining but I am after they would not understand the point of it at all

That's an idea! People would get the point I'm sure, and the number would surely be doubled :) But not yet I think, we don't even have a plan yet!

Just one more thought from me (sorry, this idea's really fired my imagination, too many ideas) but it might be worth saying that there will be no hope of any sort of reply from anyone who sends a postcard, this is just to show our thanks for the band. Otherwise, imagine how Debs and the band might feel knowing there are thousands of extra bits of post turning up all at once, and thinking they might have to respond (we know how considerate they all are, after all)!!

Of course the promotion of the project could be started only after all is set here, I mean the dates, the form, the address etc etc. And if the vast majority agrees with the wider promotion. I am already thinking about such grande things like say maybe EMI asking the fans worldwide to show some love. But I am just a helpless dreamer hehe

One last thing:

Should we promote this elsewhere than here? I would love many many people joining but I am after they would not understand the point of it at all

Do you mean outside of Coldplaying? Because I think we were imagining this being a mainly Coldplaying.com project. I could be completely off, but that's how I was envisioning it...

Okay, I'm leaving again, I swear!

One last thing:

Do you mean outside of Coldplaying? Because I think we were imagining this being a mainly Coldplaying.com project. I could be completely off, but that's how I was envisioning it...

Okay, I'm leaving again, I swear!

Yes, but this is just a sudden idea that popped in my mind and since I am just babbling, I have shared it with you. People tlaked of the vision of many postcards and this could be a way to make the amount of them bigger.

Yet I see what you mean, the project being in the Coldplaying network, and I do respect the idea. Would not wanna ruin anything at all abt it!!!!

I don't think it matters what kind of tickets they have. Anyone who's going to a gig could almost certainly get this to the band, although of course with their position they would have an extra hope of arranging things in advance to make things smooth.

I guess the main thing is that this is going to be a huge job for someone - receiving all the post, taking it to deliver, thinking about all this rather than just concentrating on the gig they've paid so much to see. It just might not be practical for people, so we need to understand that.

Just one more thought from me (sorry, this idea's really fired my imagination, too many ideas) but it might be worth saying that there will be no hope of any sort of reply from anyone who sends a postcard, this is just to show our thanks for the band. Otherwise, imagine how Debs and the band might feel knowing there are thousands of extra bits of post turning up all at once, and thinking they might have to respond (we know how considerate they all are, after all)!!

i'm back, i'm sorry.

i kind of disagree with the part in bold. there's never been any guarantee of anyone being able to see the band before or after concerts, so i think it would be kind of a waste for someone to bring them all and then not get to deliver them. i think someone that a person at the gig could easily get the cards to (like a security guard) wouldnt have band or high management contact anyway, and most of the really important people leave the venue VERY quickly once the boys come offstage. i think this is one of the larger loopholes where things could fail. if there was a guarantee of getting band or management contact, then it would be fine, but there never is. though maybe ian and jen have contacts that i don't know about.

EDIT: and you just can't really bring in some huge bag or box to a concert venue. i don't think theyd let you bring it in, at least in the USA.

and about the part about saying it's just thanks: check the first post, the last paragraph in the second spoiler :wink:

OMG I'm so late for this party...!:lol:

I LOVE IT! I'm sooo inn... sorry I don't have time to read all pages..

I just keep getting this image from the movie 'it could happen to you' (I had to look that up) with nicolas cage... where in the end he and that waitress are surprised with thousends of letters with a dollar in it... arggh its hard to explain..