🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

sorry, but didn't get the point of:

- cover letter

- sending via mail

- and mailing harcopies to EMI

i am too tired...:thinking:

cover letter: to tell them what it's all about... the postcards are not big enough to write all the ideas

sending via mail a question to debs so maybe she can tell us the best way to send the postcards

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing is getting larger than life :)

A sugestion? maybe each fan should send max 2 cards, one of the city region state blabla where they live in and another self made. Dunno about if they should be in envelope - I would say yes and we could make them custom. I mean all could be a plain white envelope and hold the butterfly logo on them to make them be noticed. What do you think?

i was thinking we could say the word GO for sending (especially people in far away countries) like, november 24, (but send the cover letter a week earlier), and then say STOP sending like december 15, especially for people in closer countries. just my two cents, though.

We need to decide the date for arrival with the band.

Mid-December is pushing it I think if we want them to have them by Christmas/New Year because a) the postal services around the world get increasingly crazy the further into December you get b) if they're going to EMI then the staff there will also be crazy busy, and anything not seen as a priority TO THEM will get put aside.

I'd say it'd be good to aim to have the postcards arriving at their destination (as yet undecided) at the beginning of the month, avoiding the worst of the rush. Oh, and also, in the Xmas rush British postmen tend to get letters wet, more get lost or mis-delivered. The earlier the better I think.

Mid-December is pushing it I think if we want them to have them by Christmas/New Year because a) the postal services around the world get increasingly crazy the further into December you get b) if they're going to EMI then the staff there will also be crazy busy, and anything not seen as a priority TO THEM will get put aside.

I'd say it'd be good to aim to have the postcards arriving at their destination (as yet undecided) at the beginning of the month, avoiding the worst of the rush. Oh, and also, in the Xmas rush British postmen tend to get letters wet, more get lost or mis-delivered. The earlier the better I think.

I agree ... if we want the postcards to arrive at early December, we still have time... but we have to promote this so they'll receive lots of postcards

I think the timing will depend on how we're getting the postcards to the guys. If we end up sending them straight to the bakery, the timing will have to be more precise. If we send them to someone else to deliver, we just need to have a certain deadline, but people can send them early to be safe.

very good point about the christmas rush of mail. i didn't really think about that. i guess we'd have to start much earlier, then, but also, the postal services are usually like the millitary with these sorts of things. i think early december, then? i just think that if we do it too early, the whole idea of it tying in with the holidays is lost a bit.

how do you mean deciding "with the band" though? i think i just feel like debs at best will give us an address. i don't think they're going to really bend over backwards or give us a date when they'd like to recieve it. she'll probably be like "aww, sweet" and then forget about it until the postcards come in. i don't really think we can rely on management for much at all.

how many fan mail does the band get?

what do you guys think

i do wonder about this. in the computer age, i bet its less than it would have been 10 years ago (the beatles got thousands of letters every day; i bet coldplay gets like, 2000 in a year?). i bet they still get a decent amount, though, especially because they take a while when they do reply.

Bye Lore and thanks for all :D

I just ponder abt how the lovely guys will feel about this whole thing. I hope they will be speechless.

Also I think it is important to underline that each card should be sent to the four of them no matter who is the favorite member of the sender since it is about them being the unite Coldplay phenomenon. Do you agree?

Yeah, a white envelope with a butterfly logo would be good - easily indentifiable, and they would protect the handmade postcards.

And then everyone could send two - one from their hometoen, and one from their imagination!

i agree about protecting the handmade postcards, but personally i'm a bit unsure about envelopes. i wonder if a) some people will get overexcited and include other things in the envelope, which would make the whole thing a bit unfair, and b) some people are already worried about cost, and envelopes are more expensive than postcards.

to protect mine, i have this clear plastic seal stuff, which i usually use when i send hommade postcards. its like a sheet of clear plastic that you use to cover both sides. it comes in a big roll and is really useful for other things, so i feel that's a good alternative to envelopes :D

i agree about protecting the handmade postcards, but personally i'm a bit unsure about envelopes. i wonder if a) some people will get overexcited and include other things in the envelope, which would make the whole thing a bit unfair, and b) some people are already worried about cost, and envelopes are more expensive than postcards.

to protect mine, i have this clear plastic seal stuff, which i usually use when i send hommade postcards. its like a sheet of clear plastic that you use to cover both sides. it comes in a big roll and is really useful for other things, so i feel that's a good alternative to envelopes :D

You have a point here though in my country letters are not much more expensive than cards... but yepp nothing more should be sent but a card

this is a very good idea

so if i well understand we are all sending at about the same times the postcards ?

i thought we could make big box with the letter and why not sending a photo of us or what we want to do a mosaic to personalize it and be sure all the postcards are associated to the project but it seems difficult if we are too much and if we don't know who could give it to them ...

Coldplay are all about fulfilling your own potential, individuality and creativity, I think. So it's really nice to have templates, but imho people should feel free to design their own if they want to. As long as there's something that ties it in with the others (at least the 'From Far Away' message, or a butterfly, etc).

I'll certainly be doing it that way myself.

I agree... but the coldplaying.com reference and the project logo or something related to it (that we need to define) must be added

Yeah, you're both right!!!

Then maybe we should decide that ASAP!!!!

If we're using a template for the back of the postcard and personalize the front or just design some sort of logo that says Postcards From Far Away Project & coldplaying.com that we can add to our postcards.........

And on the number of postcards each of us is sending...... Where do we stand on that???

Should we make a poll???

a> Just 1 so we can get really passionate and inspired on that one

b> Or 2 so we can send one with a personalized front and another one with a place-you're-from-related front.......

??????

Bye Lore and thanks for all :D

I just ponder abt how the lovely guys will feel about this whole thing. I hope they will be speechless.

Also I think it is important to underline that each card should be sent to the four of them no matter who is the favorite member of the sender since it is about them being the unite Coldplay phenomenon. Do you agree?

agreed that it should be to all four guys, or just "coldplay" or "coldplay and crew."

BYE LORE! you're awesome :D

and i like the idea of sending two. i originally jumped the gun and said a lot mroe, but now that i realize how many people want to do it, i think that this will be huge either way! i'll probably make both of mine, though, since its hard to find connecticut postcards :rolleyes:. i've already been thinking up ideas and will definitely be using photoshop, but i think mine will be based on lyrics :D

it's not just me.. I just gave a little idea.. but we all have posted 30 pages of nice ideas :P

anyway

I'm not sure about spamming the coldplay section with polls so let's keep all in this thread for now :P

I can't add a poll here :bigcry:

Ok, just so I get this clearly:

-We are allowed to send two postcard, either homemade or of our citys.

- We have to write POSTCARDS FROM FAR AWAY PROJECT.

-We are asking Debs about the address to the guys? Or where do we send it?

Did I miss anything else ?

agreed that it should be to all four guys, or just "coldplay" or "coldplay and crew."

BYE LORE! you're awesome :D

and i like the idea of sending two. i originally jumped the gun and said a lot mroe, but now that i realize how many people want to do it, i think that this will be huge either way! i'll probably make both of mine, though, since its hard to find connecticut postcards :rolleyes:. i've already been thinking up ideas and will definitely be using photoshop, but i think mine will be based on lyrics :D

Yeah we can still create by ourselves the card that represents the place we come from

I also plan to do stg lyrics related with the personal card, to put a song into pictures with the words.... hard thing to choose a song still

it's not just me.. I just gave a little idea.. but we all have posted 30 pages of nice ideas :P

anyway

I'm not sure about spamming the coldplay section with polls so let's keep all in this thread for now :P

I can't add a poll here :bigcry:

I am so happy that being new here I can be part of something this cooooool :D

Where will the poll be located? (since I am new I am a dummy too :) )