🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Postcards From Far Away project | Previous pre-delivery discussion (thread closed)

Lore

This should win awards... for best method of procrastination :P

As I live in DC, I think I have an infinite number of tourist postcards to choose from. We have such incredibly cheesy postcards here, I want to take advantage of that :D

... Giant postcard in the shape of Bush's head, anyone? :sneaky:

Fantastic!!!!!!!

I'm sure Chris will love that!!!!!!! :heart:

jajajajja

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic!!!!!!!

I'm sure Chris will love that!!!!!!! :heart:

jajajajja

I would totally add a speech bubble saying "OMG I LOVE COLDPLAY!!!111 <3"

If we ultimately decide on a 2-postcard limit, I'll send that as my second postcard (don't worry, it'd still have a message on the back)...

2 postcards should be the limit, I think. That's one each for a local postcard and message, plus one more for an original artwork and message (maybe the same message in your own language?)

And I love the templates and designs so very much, but the more unique each card is, the more I think it'll mean to the band...?!

I think that only one postcard from person, and imo sending massive postcards to them would not be a good idea, I mean, for example, uh october 15th people from uh spain will send them cards, or maybe the idea is that they receive from different countries? well in that case allowing only a certain number of postcards being sent. Why? if they receive one thousand postcards a day they eventually won't read them or at least have a look at them, instead they will pile somewhere as a nice gift

WoW! It's so hard to read every single post in this thread!! But definitely worthy!! :nice:

I have a point: I agree we should contact Debs as soon as possible, as the girls are already planning. But I don't expect her to give us any address. Can you imagine how many mail this address will receive?? Tons!! People will send letters and all sort of things and the whole postcards project will get lost, imo. I like the idea of someone delivering a box at a gig and we could ask Debs to arrange things in advance with someone in the crew, so this crew member would be already waiting for the box in the venue. I think that way will be easier and safer. What do you think?

WoW! It's so hard to read every single post in this thread!! But definitely worthy!! :nice:

I have a point: I agree we should contact Debs as soon as possible, as the girls are already planning. But I don't expect her to give us any address. Can you imagine how many mail this address will receive?? Tons!! People will send letters and all sort of things and the whole postcards project will get lost, imo. I like the idea of someone delivering a box at a gig and we could ask Debs to arrange things in advance with someone in the crew, so this crew member would be already waiting for the box in the venue. I think that way will be easier and safer. What do you think?

it's true... maybe if we send the postcards s directly to the band, some people might send other stuff and then it wouldn't be just "postcards from far away"

There IS a mail slot as Lori has texted me to say she was at the Bakery today and slipped an I heart Jonny button (or at least I think that's the one) into the mail slot!!:D

:dance:

in that case people from London could be able to receive the postcards :dance:

but I think that all the amount of job it's too much for just one person ... maybe 2 or 3 could receive the postcards.. but they'd need to be coordinated so the postcards would arrive the same day or week.. and aso be willing to receive A LOT of postcards :P

in that case we'd have to send the postcards in an envelope so it'd be easier for the people who wnats to made their own postcards or send 2