✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FAMOUS OLD PAINTERS = Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground?

The first review of the EP says this: "[Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground] begins in standard Coldplay ballad territory with delicate guitars and mysterious lyrics. Chris sings: 'Push my bones from the highest cliff to the seas below/Swoop down from the sky and catch me like a bird of prey.' Then Indian finger drums and a swelling array of trumpets and tubas arrive to take the track off into an extraordinary place. " http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1915267.ece

Sound familiar?

Wikicoldplay says this: "On December 11, 2007 a message [from Prospekt] on Coldplay.com stated the album was in mixing stage. It revealed the use of a colliery brass band (tubes, trumpets, french horns, etc.) for the song Famous Old Painters." http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/Famous_Old_Painters

Additionally, to my knowledge, the two songs have never been mentioned in the same preview/tracklist.

Prospekt did NOT list NMFWTTG in the lengthy, partially blacked-out tracklist. The blacked-out portions have since been uncovered, and none of those were NMFWTTG either. Also, this article http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003788558 mentions NMFWTTG (as well as many other non-album tracks) but NOT Famous Old Painters.

Thoughts?

Edit: There was one instance in which both tracks were listed. At the beginning of an interview with Triple M, a handwritten list of tracks appears. NMFWTTG and FOP are listed separately. :(

Interview: http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/.../coldplay.html

Legible transcription here: http://www.coldplayzone.it/articolo.asp?id=1482

Oh well, that just means more songs to hear in the future! :p

^^ Yeah, but they never listed chinese sleep chant. If you get it off itunes or on the physical release it's plainly yes, without csc. THJis is also the case with daahf and the escapist. And lovers and japan did include reign of love in the title. Although I doubt its two, the fop theory could actually be true.

^^ Yeah, but they never listed chinese sleep chant. If you get it off itunes or on the physical release it's plainly yes, without csc. THJis is also the case with daahf and the escapist. And lovers and japan did include reign of love in the title. Although I doubt its two, the fop theory could actually be true.

:confused: But I got mine off of iTunes and it listed all of them in the titles...

The first review of the EP says this: "[Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground] begins in standard Coldplay ballad territory with delicate guitars and mysterious lyrics. Chris sings: 'Push my bones from the highest cliff to the seas below/Swoop down from the sky and catch me like a bird of prey.' Then Indian finger drums and a swelling array of trumpets and tubas arrive to take the track off into an extraordinary place. " http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1915267.ece

Sound familiar?

Wikicoldplay says this: "On December 11, 2007 a message [from Prospekt] on Coldplay.com stated the album was in mixing stage. It revealed the use of a colliery brass band (tubes, trumpets, french horns, etc.) for the song Famous Old Painters." http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/Famous_Old_Painters

Additionally, to my knowledge, the two songs have never been mentioned in the same preview/tracklist.

Prospekt did NOT list NMFWTTG in the lengthy, partially blacked-out tracklist. The blacked-out portions have since been uncovered, and none of those were NMFWTTG either. Also, this article http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003788558 mentions NMFWTTG (as well as many other non-album tracks) but NOT Famous Old Painters.

Thoughts?

what were the blacked out tracks???

can you post the full original tracklisting (including the blacked out songs)... i'd love to know what the original order was.

bump up then lurkA man came home form work late, tired and found his 5 years old son waiting for him at the door. "Daddy,may I ask you a questIon ?" "Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man. "Daddy, how much do you make an hour? " " If you must know, I make $20 an hour."" Oh,"the little boy replied, with his head down, looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I please borrow $10" the father was furious, "If the only reason you askedthat is so you can borrow some moneyto buy a silly toy, then you go to bed." The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. After about an hour or so,the man had calmed down. And started to think. Maybe there was something he really neededto buy with that $10 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the iIttle boy's roomand opened the door."Are you asleep, son?" he asked. "no daddy," replied the boy. "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier." said the man, "Here's the $10 you asked for." the little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry agaIn. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father. "Why do you want more money? Is you already have some ?" the father asked. "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do. "the little boy repiied, "Daddy , I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time ?Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."Come and buy WoW Gold, Cheap WoW Gold wow Accounts here, Cheap WoW Gold,Cheap WoW Gold, our WoW Gold web .

... :shocked2:

what were the blacked out tracks???

can you post the full original tracklisting (including the blacked out songs)... i'd love to know what the original order was.

tracklistingLP4.jpg

I don't believe this was the original order, just a list of potential tracks.

The blacked-out songs are Glass of Water, Famous Old Painters, Viva La Vida, and Postcards from Far Away.

I pretty sure this is the image that appeared during that interview:

my coldplay .com/home/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/rehearse.jpg

The list on the Italian site is just a giant compilation. All of those songs definitely weren't mentioned in a single interview/article.

Im still going to hope. Famous Old Painters was one of the songs I was looking forward to and I was disappointed when it didn't appear on the EP. It would seem weird with them having brass on more than one song. If they are different them perhaps Famous Old Painters will appear on their next album coming out next fall. It seems like it would be a waste to hire a brass band and not use the song.

Im still going to hope. Famous Old Painters was one of the songs I was looking forward to and I was disappointed when it didn't appear on the EP. It would seem weird with them having brass on more than one song. If they are different them perhaps Famous Old Painters will appear on their next album coming out next fall. It seems like it would be a waste to hire a brass band and not use the song.

Why would you want to hope for less songs?

You don't even know anything about FOP other than a) the title and b) it has a brass band, just like NMFWTTG...

Famous Old Painters - I'd love to see it as the last track on the new EP but to me it seems unlikely. You gotta love the name! My hopes are that it, The Dubliners, Leftrightleftrightleft and whatever else is left will be on an EP in March or LP5.

Just my thoughts. Could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...