✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NRJ Music Awards (17th Jan) - Cannes / Chris Martin performs solo 'LiTii'

a-chan

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is he alone? :thinking:

Maybe he's taking one for the team and letting the boys have more time off...or something. :idea2:

Cool. Although, we all know how nervous Chris gets at award shows and now he won't even have his band for support :stunned:

Chris will be performing Lost? at the 2009 NRJ Awards in Cannes, oh yeah !

It's sad that Guy and the other are absent but it's better that nothing !

Chris will speak French, I'm so exited to hear him ! ^^

(maintenant il faut que j'essaye de gagner les dernières places pour le festival a Cannes :thinking:)

mmm... .i'm not sure about this one..... :thinking:

a slow song on the piano should help Chris get less nervous than ussual, but i just don't get why it's just him...... i mean, wasn't the whole idea of the promoting of this album to get the attention on Will, Jonny & Guy as well?? Weren't they trying for people to get that Chris is not Coldplay???

Doubt this will help in that department........ :\

And yeah, bring the break up rummors....... :disappointed:

This song is great but it's not an entertaining song that usually 'lift up' the mood of this kind of ceremony...Odd choice of song...

Plus, the show host of this ceremony (his name is Nikos) is...pretty unique..XD He's always 'over' praising artists (when he doesn't make mistakes on their names XD)...He's TOO MUCH and ridicule!! And Chris is going to face 'that' alone...poor lad!

This song is great but it's not an entertaining song that usually 'lift up' the mood of this kind of ceremony...Odd choice of song...

Plus, the show host of this ceremony (his name is Nikos) is...pretty unique..XD He's always 'over' praising artists (when he doesn't make mistakes on their names XD)...He's TOO MUCH and ridicule!! And Chris is going to face 'that' alone...poor lad!

Yes, I'm also a little afraid of Nikos :laugh3: those who know him will understand us! *please, call him by his right name :P*

Can you French watch it on TV?

I was a bit confuesed about the date because on coldplay.com it says Saturday 13th January - that would be today, if it was a Saturday. :thinking:

I agree with you, a-chan, Lost? maybe isn't that good for playing it at an Award's show. I wonder why Jonny, Will and Guy are not coming because Coldplay is nominated for two awards and if they'd win, Chris has to be alone with the awards. But I understand it in a way because if Chris is going to perform a song which he is able to perform on his own, the three are not needed on stage and I think it's stranger to have just one band member on stage performing while the other three are sitting in the audience.

WTF, as if Chris isn't nervous enough at awards shows, now he'll be performing on his own? And why just him? This is incredibly odd... :stunned:

And this means that they won't show up at the inauguration concert here on the 18th.... Nooooo! I was hoping that they'd be there, since all of their musical BFFs are performing :P

Just a little deception, apparition of coldplay on french TV is very rare (OK we don't have a lot of good shows actually), so even if lost? accoustic could be beautiful, in this ceremony I don't know:\it is really necessary to be satisfied with the displacement of Chris

I think too that probably Chris is going to feel a bit alone faced with Nikos:shocked2: (I'll hope he have prices)

As categories will be undoubtedly well spaced out in party, it is going to be necessary to get stuck with all program:(good cast:veryangry2:good presentator:veryangry2:)

I've read they'll perform "Viva La Vida" as the best international song and also as international album. As for the best international band, they don't mention in the TV magazine which song they'll play. Some pictures found about this show :

http://nrjmusicawards.nrj.fr/photos_videos/photos.php?gallery_id=15

Click on the pictures on the website to enlarge them.

Who is willing to record a part of the show for Coldplayers out there ? I could do it but i'm unable to put it online except if it's a short part of the show, but not the whole show. I didn't know Chris would come lonely.

Yes, I'm also a little afraid of Nikos :laugh3: those who know him will understand us! *please, call him by his right name :P*

Anthony Kavanah will be missed greatly!! I loved that man! Remember his little skit about 'how to make a hit' and how all the singers in the audience have done it... For non french: basically he's saying that you just need ingredients like drums, bass, vocals, stupids ethnic noise and mix up to have a hit song. In the end, he's saying you just have to send it to a stupid producor and you have it (famous song played in the end). And he finish with a joke about the word 'hit' in french (which in 'tube') and the verb 'entuber' (which means 'to be fooled')

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up9iSZSesUM]YouTube - Anthony Kavanagh NRJ Music Award 2005 'Le tube'[/ame]

:laugh3: so true!!

I miss you Anthony!

Hello EveryBody,

For they poeple who have watch the NRJ Music Awards it's on TF1!

For listen on radio the Show it's on http://www.nrj.fr -) Player

It's Saturday 17th in 20h45 in France and 19h45 (7:45pm) in England

Enjoy

Matt

Sorry (one more time) for my english

Votre Langue est difficile ;) (Chris in 2006 NRJ Music Awards)

We may have part of an answer of why Chris is performing alone....!!

Renan Luce (a french singer nominated) should have perform on the ceremony but he has been contacted by the awards staff to tell him he was not singing anymore...Guess who was put at his place...: Coldplay! The band was not programmed to perform but the award staff/EMI (?) made them to... Maybe the other guys wasn't available for that date, so Chris had to step up...?

Anyway, Renan Luce is pissed...XD (I feel bad for him, he's a really talented songwriter and deserved to perform (and to win an award..)..v.v