🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

19-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my phone working again after it got soaked during fix you when i recorded.

But..

Wow, i almost can't believe i was there!! It was just so.. Wow, i can't describe my feeling right now! I'll just let the word Love do it :)

Also met some very friendly coldplayers, really nice to talk:)

still at my hotel in London, leaving tomorrow. Stayed

here yesterday because my legs hurt that bad! But it was all worth it!

Thank you, for the best concert ever!!

Love

/Henry

Just got my phone working again after it got soaked during fix you when i recorded.

But..

Wow, i almost can't believe i was there!! It was just so.. Wow, i can't describe my feeling right now! I'll just let the word Love do it :)

Also met some very friendly coldplayers, really nice to talk:)

still at my hotel in London, leaving tomorrow. Stayed

here yesterday because my legs hurt that bad! But it was all worth it!

Thank you, for the best concert ever!!

Love

/Henry

Hi Henry! I met you in the queue. Whereabouts did you end up inside? Front row?

whoever knows me here, knows i talk way too much, so obviously, my review is way too long. Sorry!!!!!!!

I thought I’d start writing this already, otherwise all the ‘fresh-ness’ of the post-concert would fade (even though I’m only doing 2 days later coz was way too knackered to do it before). Things started on the 18th, when Chelsea and I decided to go to the stadium to check out queues, entrances and even got listen to most of the 18th concert from outside the stadium. We had then decided that we were spending the night and Semy joined us. In the end, with everyone leaving Wembley and the place getting quite deserted we changed our minds and went home - we could all do with a little sleep and an early trip back to the stadium the next day - we knew it was going to be a loooong day.

5am. We are in the tube station waiting to head to Wembley and start our saga. Got to the stadium just before 6am and after I did the rounds on all entrances we found that about 20 people in total had queued overnight. We were the third ‘group’ in our queue, so basically, in the front. Was good to find some cold playing folks around and as the morning went by, more and more yellow shirts kept appearing.

After reassurances from staff that I’d manage to get in with my ticket on the ‘wrong’ queue, I decided to risk it and stay at H and J, where I knew most people. More Coldplaying people kept arriving, joining us in our queue, or coming to visit from other queues. Everything felt like it was a big family reunion. That feeling certainly helped the first 5 hours fly by, even though the second 5 went by slooooow. We had already made new friends in the queue, got people interested on the forum, loads wanting the yellow shirt. All done with a lot of Jaffa cakes going around. Almost 2 hours before the gates open things got messy at the queue and everyone was standing. We saw a lot of people ‘steal’ places from the ones who were queuing from early on, and we were decided we’d do everything to possible to avoid that people from the back passed us when the time came to go in.

When they finally ‘let the dogs out’ (at least it felt like that, since security didn’t even cut the ribbon and just made us through it, under it, over it), we ran for our lives - and for the closest spot possible to the stage. Loads of security screaming at us “STOP RUNNING”, “SLOW DOWN” - to which we only responded “IT’S POWER WALKING, IT’S POWER WALKING!!!” - When the pitch came to sight, I just heard Kara screaming: “THERE’S STILL SPACE ON FRON ROW”, my heart felt like it was going to come out through my mouth. I saw it, the empty pitch. And the almost empty front row. We “power walked” there, and hugged the front row railing, not to be thankful, but to try and save space to the others coming behind us. We made it. Front Row. Wembley. Last gig of the tour. I couldn’t stop shaking. Or almost crying of happiness.

White Lies came on and even though I had never heard any song I was impressed. They were really good. Really good start. Then, Girls Aloud. To me, they are a bad Spice Girls wannabe. Robotic, not really good dancers and simply annoying. I do admit I danced during the famous catchy songs. And have to say that Cheryl Cole - the only one I know who she is - is really pretty. And then Jay-Z. I had already heard the people here talking about how great he was and it was all true!!!! The man is an absolute showman, and engages the crowd in an amazing way. The songs were awesome and his attention to everyone in the crowd, pointing out person by person that was going crazy with him made me want to be his new best friend!!! He noticed us - well, he knows Jizo loves him. And he loves Jizo back - and he gave a shout to “you, the yellow group there”! Ha! We caught Jay’s attention!!

Now, the wait for THEM. Minutes before it starts, rain. First lightly, but by the time Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy came to stage it was pouring. It was beautiful. I felt like the rain was washing our souls after so much stress and was welcoming the guys. It was a “Rainy Day”. When Chris first came out in the rain, the first reaction was towards Jonny - “it’s REALLY raining” I saw him saying to him - but that didn’t make anyone get less excited. Crowd or band. At some points it almost seemed like the rain was pouring according to the music. The strongest and fastest Clocks got, the strongest the rain poured. The Gods were listening to the concert. Listening to “Glass of Water” live was just amazing. Listening to the crowd chanting during CoL gave me chills. Fix you on the front row. Brought me memories back from when they played in Brazil. I missed the lantern. I always do. And I always cry…

Strawberry swing, I just kept wishing Super Chris would show up. He was there, not wearing a cape, but there.

Before hitting Stage B Chris goes to the end of the stage and changes his shirt. Shirtless Chris! What?! Gorgeous back! Stage B I couldn’t see a thing. When the band took their places back on stage while Chris would do THP and Postcards, the Jonnyfest up the front started calling out “Jonny, Jonny”, the stage was dark, but we could see him greening embarrassedly. when the crowd started chanting to VLV between THP and Postcards, Chris laughed and said: “Could you just wait for one more song?”.

VLV was amazing, as always. 70k people chanting is a strong sound. And Chris was encouraging us to keep on singing even after the song was done. Only to interrupt us with Lost +. Jay Z joins. He should be with them every concert. It’s just amazing.

Again I couldn’t find stage C. I just leaned on the railing and enjoyed the music. Trouble was beautiful. I don’t have words to describe. And Billie Jean seems to ave come to replace “Back for good”.

Politik, incredible and strong as always. And Lovers in Japan. OMG. SO MANY BUTTERFLIES. The image of Wembley’s Arch almost invisible because of the butterflies was just perfect. And the neon butterflies. I cried. It was all just too beautiful. And I knew I’d never see anything like that again

When they were thanking the crowd, the “Jonny, Jonny” re-started. He heard us again. And so did Chris. And Will. They were laughing. They were genuinely happy and couldn’t hide it. They came back, as always. The Scientist was beautiful, but LiT ii, with the fireworks, with the atmosphere, the people around, with the band’s smile... Just a perfect moment. Now it was all gone. We saw them hugging on the corner of the stage, Phil joining. Just one of those moments you’ll always have in your memory.

Outside re-meeting the Coldplayers. A mass of yellow wet shirts. Happy faces. Sad faces. Crying faces. Quickly saying our goodbyes, taking pictures, chatting. The family was together once more. And on Sunday, at the after gig meeting, once again. It was a sad picnic. Everyone was tired. Everyone knew it was all over - at least for this tour - and even though some tried to avoid it, we cried. It was an emotional moment. And chanting to VLV every time someone left the park just made my heart a little bit smaller. I don’t know when I’ll see you guys again, but I do know that whenever there is another concert, there’s no other group I want to be with.

This weekend was the end of an Era. The Viva Era.

Thank you soooooo much to all of you guys, coz if it wasn’t for the Coldplaying family the concert would have been good, but not nearly as amazing as the whole experience was.

PS: Ian, we still hate you for making the website. I’m crying again.

Back from london.

Arrived at Wembley at 8 o'clock, we were 4 friends with 2 tickets gate M/N and 2 tickets with gate B/C. We exchanged tickets with Anna and Perrine (thanks again). Waiting was long but we walked to see others coldplayers and finally 15 O'clock arrived soon.

When gate opened i was surprised by the stadium. it's big. Many people were standing on front row. We managed to get front of the b-stage. I saw Aurelie (a-chan) we communicated by signs during the waiting and girl's Aloud...

I liked White Lies, but girl's Aloud was boring... Jay-z is good, but it's definitly not my music style...

And the rain began and Coldplay arrived. Concert was great despite the rain. All songs were good, and Coldplay were great. There were a special energy. It was brilliant. Gig passed so quickly. The B-Stage was wonderful, saw them so close :D

It was a great moment, and great week end. Return is very difficult.

Some pics i made.

(and sorry for my english...)

9421_1118577172534_1470174915_30302884_6408000_n.jpg

9421_1118577252536_1470174915_30302886_3226448_n.jpg

9421_1118577332538_1470174915_30302888_1131602_n.jpg

9421_1118577372539_1470174915_30302889_4939101_n.jpg

9421_1118577572544_1470174915_30302894_3019115_n.jpg

9421_1118577732548_1470174915_30302898_2141997_n.jpg

9421_1118577812550_1470174915_30302900_7684569_n.jpg

9421_1118577972554_1470174915_30302903_8510_n.jpg

9421_1118578052556_1470174915_30302905_6626631_n.jpg

9421_1118578172559_1470174915_30302908_7317936_n.jpg

9421_1118578532568_1470174915_30302917_5951224_n.jpg

9421_1118578692572_1470174915_30302921_5559937_n.jpg

9421_1118578772574_1470174915_30302923_6399770_n.jpg

9421_1118578732573_1470174915_30302922_2483096_n.jpg

9421_1118578892577_1470174915_30302926_1309758_n.jpg

9421_1118578852576_1470174915_30302925_1274433_n.jpg

9421_1118578972579_1470174915_30302928_7111565_n.jpg

Aw Mariana what a great review! I cried in the end :lol:

! Last night I went to sleep and I had my three glowsticks on my table next to my bed and I shut the lights and TWO OF THEM WERE STILL GLOWING! :stunned: I kept looking at those and just couldn't sleep.. I put LRLRL on and fell asleep I think after fix you.. weird that they were still glowing after more than 24 hours!

And I had a dream where I went next to the b-stage after the gig and asked for a setlist or something and I didn't get it, but the roadie was like "well do you want the piano? we don't need it anymore!" I was like "YESS" and he carried it outside for me and I was happily walking down the Wembley ramps with my VIVA piano :laugh3:

:lol: That last part just made me laugh so hard. :laugh3: Did you manage to get it onto the plane? :lol: ;)

MILLER MARRY MEEEE

(too much to read and to write, but I'll be back :D)

Aurélie and I didn't hear you scream before the gig...We had a 'mime marceau moment' trying to find out why and Aurélie suggested that you me be 'aphone' cause you were sick...So finally, you did scream?!! Pity we didn't hear you!

Anyway, we saw your man playing tarzan on one of the right metal scale! :D

Hi Henry! I met you in the queue. Whereabouts did you end up inside? Front row?

Hey!

Yeah after everyone ran in, i tried my best to get to the front. People were really pushing!

Anyway, i ended up just a bit to the left of the left camera behind only one person. So i had great view of everything :)

think i've never had that much energy during a concert before! There's so much i could write, but i'm gonna wait until i get home.

But i really want to say: Fix You during the pouring rain.... Don't know if it was my tears streaming down my face..<3 it was so great!!!

And again, really nice to meet some of you people! Where did you end up?

/Henry

But i really want to say: Fix You during the pouring rain.... Don't know if it was my tears streaming down my face..<3 it was so great!!!

+1000000000 Very moving!!!

The 'rain part' was really incredible and strangely I hope they keep it IF there is a DVD of Wembley. It created such an amazing/surreal atmosphere...so beautiful!!!

Imke: I don't know, I woke up right before the huge stairs infront of Wembley Park tube station :D luckily i woke up then, dragging the piano up the stairs probably would've changed it into a nightmare :D

:laugh3: I wonder why your mind was going for the piano and not a guitar or a harmonica ... :thinking: :lol:

I have no idea :D maube because the piano was right in front of me before the B-stage part? :rolleyes: the hottest thing ever is Chris falling off of his piano chair (like streching down), you know what I mean..? :bomb:

:bomb: @ Chris

:laugh3: I can totally understand it though ... I think I would have had a similar dream, but I probably would have fought to get the piano into the overhead bin in the plane. :lol:

Yay I got the network now so here comes my review. I'll try to keep it short. :P

Me and Johku arrived to Wembley at about 6.30am. We were a little bit confused about the queues 'cause we thought there would be only two of them. We decided to stay at the H/J queue (I at first had the M/N gate in my ticket but we switched them later just to make sure) with Chelsea, Semy and Mariana. More coldplaying people arrived a little later. Thank you so much for the company everyone! :nice: The time went so fast and we had so much fun at the queue!

So before the gates opened it was all so crazy! I was panicing and so excited and so was everyone else. Then there was this announcement "the gates are now open" or something like that. The guard screamed "GO!" and we run for our lives! My leg was broken but I didn't even remember it :D so we got to the pitch and I saw this empty space almost in the middle of the front row and I have never run so fast as then! Johku managed to get to the front row and I was like half in it, but I willingly went to the second row 'cause it was so friggin tight. After all I got to the FRONT ROW 'cause there were two girls in front of me who were there just to see Jay-Z and they left after that. I still can't believe it, I can't even describe the feeling!! The final, first row at Wembley!!

Well back to the support acts. White lies were really good. I liked them a lot. But Girls Aloud were horrible to me. :D Didn't like them at all, I think they were kind of fake. Then Jay-Z. He was great and the atmosphere was so awesome!

The feeling when the lights went out and it started to rain. It was so exciting! The whole time Coldplay played was just so perfection. I was crying and laughing alternately for the whole time. I loved Violet Hill and In My Place in the beginning. And Glass Of Water was so great! I hadn't heard it live since Prospekt's March wasn't released last year I saw them at Stockholm. Yellow was great too of course. Fix You and after that Strawberry Swing were just perfect. So touched during Fix You and then happy tiers during Strawberry Swing. and before they got to the B stage Chris changed his shirt on stage! Viva La Vida was awesome (as always) and then Lost+ was too! Trouble, it was so sensible. It was such a beautiful moment. Cried so much. Politik was amazing. Lovers In Japan and the butterflies. The atmosphere was something that I'll never forget.

They were all in a really good mood! Seemed so happy and they really had a good time! The hug on the stage was so lovely, but unfortunately I didn't see Phil joining. :( And we had finnish flags with "Finland :heart: Coldplay" in it and at least Guy and Chris saw them. :smiley: And Johku had that "Shiver?" sign and Guy read it and his face was priceless. :lol: I think that Chris saw it too. The final was everything I had imagined and so much more! It was such a perfect day! Still can't believe it all happened. Thank you so much to you all! :heart:

/edit: I forgot to give a mention to Billie Jean which I think was especially brilliant on Saturday.

I will upload some photos later.

Just got back from a brilliant weekend in london!

Friday night me and the girlfriend went for a few drinks and then a walk around Wembley while the concert was on we had a listen outside!

Saw 2 Coldplayers who were queuing at 9pm for the saturday show, thats insane, 2 girls it was not sure who it was on here?

And we also spoke to a sweedish guy called Henry? His friends had gone to see Coldplay and left him outside with there suitcases bless him!

Then at the end of the concert we were outside the entrance or exit and all the traffic was stopped coldplay finished and a car came immediatley speeding out asuming it had Chris martin in it but dont know what happened to the rest of the band

Saturday night was just awesome, didnt get to the stadium till bout 7.30pm but caught the end of Jay Z, he really was amazing but Coldplay came on and were even better

Chris didnt seem his usual self to me though he looked either ill or very very tired!

Imke, me too! :D Our plane was really small so it might have been a problem tho :D (like it otherwise wouldnt..:rolleyes:

:lol: I'm just imagining the stewardess from "Meet the parents" trying to force me to check the piano in and I would say "No! It's not like there's a freaking bomb in it!" :lol:

Such amazing reviews and pictures!!

Thanks everyone! :)

At some points it almost seemed like the rain was pouring according to the music. The strongest and fastest Clocks got, the strongest the rain poured. The Gods were listening to the concert. Listening to “Glass of Water” live was just amazing. Listening to the crowd chanting during CoL gave me chills. Fix you on the front row. Brought me memories back from when they played in Brazil. I missed the lantern. I always do. And I always cry…

:stunned:

One word: beautiful.

I miss the lantern too...

when the crowd started chanting to VLV between THP and Postcards, Chris laughed and said: “Could you just wait for one more song?”.

:lol:

We saw them hugging on the corner of the stage, Phil joining. Just one of those moments you’ll always have in your memory.

I wish I could have seen that. Probably unforgettable yes...

:)