✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Aug-2009: Koengen, Bergen, Norway - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Bergen Thread

Hi CPRani,

Thanks for your review of the concert. I read the other day that you were going to the concert in Bergen, and was looking forward to reading your review and seeing your pictures. I am glad that you had a good time. :)

I read and then translated the articles in Bergen Tidende on BT's website thinking that it would be nice to share the articles with the coldplayers. At the same time I had some translation training. It was quite funny, but took me longer time than expected, maybe because I have not made translations for quite some time.

I also translated the comments accompanying one of the reviews of the concert, because it is always nice to read or hear the fans' opinion of the concert, and there are unfortunately not so many Norwegian coldplayers here. The number of Danish and Swedish coldplayers is rather limited as well. Scandinavia is not so well represented here.

Bergen Tidende was relatively positive as to Coldplay's concert, but do you agree that Chris had a hard time getting the crowd to join him in sing-alongs and getting into it? And did you feel that Chris Martin had vocal trouble at the beginning of the concert? One of the articles mentioned that it took him some time before the voice was sufficiently warm.

Do you know the GARAGE venue where Coldplay was playing in 2001 in the basement. I understand that it must be a venue - it was referred to, as if it is a well-known venue. I have never heard of the GARAGE venue before, but maybe that is, because I'm not Norwegian.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bergen Thread

Nancy, amazing translation work! I enjoyed reading the reviews :)

I'm glad that you enjoyed my translations. It took me much longer than I expected. So at 1am (1 hour after midnight) my eyes simply would not obey me any more - I was actually sleeping at the keys. Then I went to bed and slept 2 hours and then went back to finish the review accompanied by comments made by Norwegian fans submitting their comments on the BT website. But as

I wrote: It was good training and quite fun. It also helps that it is a topic / subject of interest, if you can follow me. ;)

You wrote that you also love Will's voice. Is he your Coldplay member favourite then? I would not mind him singing some more songs so that Chris could spare his voice. I would not like Chris to lose his voice for a longer period of time or maybe for good!! :( And as you say: Will has a nice voice, too. :)

Hey, did you know that when you press on this button on the right side quote.gif you can quote what someone else has written?

This way you don't have to type it up or copy & paste every time.

Thanks for your tip, SueDeNimes. I would have made two replies at the same time. I used the Quote-button - wrote a message to Ifdianne - and then would press this button again so I could answer you as well - but the QUOTE button was gone. How are you able to quote several persons at a time? NANCY

Thanks for your tip, SueDeNimes. I would have made two replies at the same time. I used the Quote-button - wrote a message to Ifdianne - and then would press this button again so I could answer you as well - but the QUOTE button was gone. How are you able to quote several persons at a time? NANCY

For this you use the button next to it: multiquote_off.gif

When you have selected a post, the button turns to this: multiquote_on.gif

You can press it on as many posts as you want, then click reply.gif and they will all be in the message window!

For this you use the button next to it: multiquote_off.gif

When you have selected a post, the button turns to this: multiquote_on.gif

You can press it on as many posts as you want, then click reply.gif and they will all be in the message window!

Thanks,

You can become an excellent teacher - very instructive, indeed. THANKS. Have a nice week-end. :)

I'm glad that you enjoyed my translations. It took me much longer than I expected. So at 1am (1 hour after midnight) my eyes simply would not obey me any more - I was actually sleeping at the keys. Then I went to bed and slept 2 hours and then went back to finish the review accompanied by comments made by Norwegian fans submitting their comments on the BT website. But as

I wrote: It was good training and quite fun. It also helps that it is a topic / subject of interest, if you can follow me. ;)

You wrote that you also love Will's voice. Is he your Coldplay member favourite then? I would not mind him singing some more songs so that Chris could spare his voice. I would not like Chris to lose his voice for a longer period of time or maybe for good!! :( And as you say: Will has a nice voice, too. :)

Yes, Will is my favorite. I have a thing for drummers, and Will has nice eyes. :blush: I wish he would sing more solos - and I love his harmonizing with Chris during The Hardest Part.

Bergen thread

Yes, Will is my favorite. I have a thing for drummers, and Will has nice eyes. :blush: I wish he would sing more solos - and I love his harmonizing with Chris during The Hardest Part.

Will has nice eyes, but I have also seen his "death stare"! :laugh3: He has a very warm smile - there was a video where Will can be seen smiling on the big screen. He has a very breattaking smile - if you can follow me;) There is a picture of Will embracing Chris - Will is smiling and looking very happy. It is one of my favourite pictures.

Is your hubby a drummer, then? Just curious because you are saying that you have a thing for drummers. :)

I love Will's harmonizing with Chris during The Hardest Part. It was also beautiful hearing them harmonizing during Til Kingdom Come.

Will has nice eyes, but I have also seen his "death stare"! :laugh3: He has a very warm smile - there was a video where Will can be seen smiling on the big screen. He has a very breattaking smile - if you can follow me;) There is a picture of Will embracing Chris - Will is smiling and looking very happy. It is one of my favourite pictures.

Is your hubby a drummer, then? Just curious because you are saying that you have a thing for drummers. :)

I love Will's harmonizing with Chris during The Hardest Part. It was also beautiful hearing them harmonizing during Til Kingdom Come.

No, my husband is not a drummer. It goes back to when I was in school band and learned to played drums, it's not easy and I was too uncoordinated to keep it up. I love listening to drum-lines and beats and rhythms. When I met Will, he was so gracious and nice, even though I was barely breathing at that point. lol It was easier to for me to talk to Chris than to talk to Will, brief as it was. And that beautiful smile, gah.

To Norwegian coldplayer: Thanks for sharing your pictures from the Bergen concert with us. Beautiful - particularly the last one. And now you can add Bergen -19.08.09 - to your signature. I like your sentence: Keeping up the Scandinavian Pride!

Ifdianne: Heard anything from those receiving your emails with coldplay-shaped fans on tour?

To Norwegian coldplayer: Thanks for sharing your pictures from the Bergen concert with us. Beautiful - particularly the last one. And now you can add Bergen -19.08.09 - to your signature. I like your sentence: Keeping up the Scandinavian Pride!

Ifdianne: Heard anything from those receiving your emails with coldplay-shaped fans on tour?

Its a pleasure :). Yeah, finally!

@Nancy - I got a reply from Anchorman just this morning.

"Thanks for the pics Dianne - glad you guys managed to have some fun in

Tampa despite the cancellation.

Anchorman"

It's not much, but at least it is something! And I also did what you suggested in your PM, so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't like him using the word "cancellation" instead of their official announcement of "postponement" though.

@Nancy - I got a reply from Anchorman just this morning.

"Thanks for the pics Dianne - glad you guys managed to have some fun in

Tampa despite the cancellation.

Anchorman"

It's not much, but at least it is something! I don't like him using the word "cancellation" instead of their official announcement of "postponement" though.

Dianne, I can see what you mean. It is indeed strange that Anchorman uses that word. If you possibly could, maybe you should make it to Wembley in September. Then you could also meet with MartinFan.

One of the Coldplay-shaped fans on tour is named Kelly. Do you know if it is the Kelly with the famous car with VIVA on the side? The car was photographed on one of Miller's / Roadie #42's blogs? I once saw a picture of this car parked in front of the owner's house, and I thought that the VIVA on the side was a trick (maybe photoshop) until I saw the car again, now in Miller's / Roadie #42's blog). :laugh3::D

Dianne, I can see what you mean. It is indeed strange that Anchorman uses that word. If you possibly could, maybe you should make it to Wembley in September. Then you could also meet with MartinFan.

One of the Coldplay-shaped fans on tour is named Kelly. Do you know if it is the Kelly with the famous car with VIVA on the side? The car was photographed on one of Miller's / Roadie #42's blogs? I once saw a picture of this car parked in front of the owner's house, and I thought that the VIVA on the side was a trick (maybe photoshop) until I saw the car again, now in Miller's / Roadie #42's blog). :laugh3::D

I have been trying to get her to try and work out coming, but sometimes it is hard to do so, also WE will meet in Tampa when they come back to us!!!!:kiss:

Yes, it's the same Kelly - she's awesome and we had a good time. There's nothing like spending a day with people who share the same enthusiasm as you do!

Yes, it's the same Kelly - she's awesome and we had a good time. There's nothing like spending a day with people who share the same enthusiasm as you do!

I know what you mean.

As to Kelly: When I saw her on that picture (the Coldplay-shaped fans on tour) I immediately had the feeling that this had to be the owner of that awesome car. I simply adore that car - but how did she manage to get the VIVA on the side of the car and a special VLV-related registration plate? Can you just apply for such a registration plate and be allowed to use it? I would think that the VIVA on the side of the car with these colours reminded too much of Coldplay's Viva la Vida.

I tried to find the picture of Kelly's car, but of course I couldn't. And now I feel like going to bed - here in Denmark it is now 0.30am and my eyes are almost closed.

Goodnight and sleep tight when it's your time to sleep. Have a nice week-end!

I see that Rania allready wrote a review :cheesy:

IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so close, but all the pics I took were extremely blurry and bad.

I couldn´t stand still enough to take any good pictures, I didn´t stop dancing through the whole concert, no kidding :P

And I sang my heart out, my voice is all FUNKOLA now :laugh3: And my legs and arms are so sore from the jumping,dancing, clapping, waving hands and pounding fists in the air :lol:

Ugh, I am getting all teary eyed by just thinking of the concert!! :bigcry:

I just can´t explain how amazing it was!! :stunned: :cheesy:

I´m not going to upload any pics, because they are so lame anyway :rolleyes: :laugh3:

THANK YOU COLDPLAY FOR THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! :dance: :heart:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGRY1qX5Xg]YouTube - Coldplay - Lost - Bergen, Norway 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZAcpUVutpI]YouTube - Coldplay - Life in Technicolor ii - Bergen, Norway[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZe2yX_S7FY]YouTube - Coldplay - Viva la vida - Bergen Norway 2009[/ame]

Some videos from Norway