✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Aug-2009: Hannover Stadium, Hannover - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sarah: Ich glaub' ich hab' dich gesehen, ich kenn' ja nur das studiVZ-Foto. Hast du ein lila Top getragen? Ich wollte noch Hallo sagen, aber irgendwie war es ziemlich unmöglich sich durch die Menge zu wühlen.

japp, das war wohl ich ;) habe auch nach dir ausschau gehalten, aber hätte dich wahrscheinlich gar nicht erkannt... :( schade.

@julia: no idea why oberhausen was so special, but i completely agree with you - somehow i'm getting the feeling as well, that no gig can bring that "feeling" back i had in 2005. maybe it was because it was my first coldplay-concert and i didn't know what to expect (and was therefore completely overwhelmed) and bla... i don't really know. that day was just perfect :) and it was a great show, remember that even chris said that, heh.

japp, das war wohl ich ;) habe auch nach dir ausschau gehalten, aber hätte dich wahrscheinlich gar nicht erkannt... :( schade.

@julia: no idea why oberhausen was so special, but i completely agree with you - somehow i'm getting the feeling as well, that no gig can bring that "feeling" back i had in 2005. maybe it was because it was my first coldplay-concert and i didn't know what to expect (and was therefore completely overwhelmed) and bla... i don't really know. that day was just perfect :) and it was a great show, remember that even chris said that, heh.

The same for Iwona and myself :)

The show yesterday was amazing, but still something was missing.

When we saw CP last year in Hamburg and Munich were were completely overwhelmed and taken by surprise as we haven't had ANY expectations and the concert was beyond anything we could have ever asked for.

Now knowing the setlist and hardly having ANY changes, it was less 'special' in some way.

Don't get me wrong, we still enjoyed it massively and screamed and danced aso. but the magic wasn't that strong anymore ... :confused:

I think that is normal when you don't know what to expect and when you just don't know what it will be like it always will be more special.

I remember when I saw Robbie williams 2003 at Knebworth...it totally blew my socks off and every concert afterwards couldn't get close to it.

P. :)

^^agreed ;)

btw, i read a few more comments about chris leaving the stage before fix you: some people spotted a cabel (from his in ear monitor or whatever it is called) that was probably out of place. so maybe that was the reason. that was my first thought as well...

and i just remembered... i thought it was rather unfair from chris, when he said the free CDs were a special gift for us because of the technical problems - come on chris, everybody knows you're giving those CDs away anyway even if there isn't a single problem! :rolleyes: :P

I really don't understand all the negativity that's been going around about the band and especially Chris, They don't owe us anything, if we have seen them more than once on this tour, it's our fault for buying another ticket to see them, not theirs. They work with a set list that works for this tour, most of the people who go have never seen them, if you continue to go 4/5 times and then bitch about it, that's being selfish, NOT THE BAND"S FAULT.

I usually am quiet on these boards, not getting into it with anyone, but I just needed to get it off my chest. Sorry if I offended anyone.

The band isn't devoid of criticism, being negative for the sake of being negative is one thing but as fans of course we can air some concerns. Doesn't mean we love then any less, but this is a board to post opinions.

They're playing places they've already played a few times over in some case, it's 14 months since they started this tour, so I don't think expecting a few changes here and there in that time is unreasonable

I understand peoples opinions, that's why I stated mine:kiss: There's a reason why most bands stick to the same setlist, some change it up every now and then, like I thought Coldplay does, but it's not good enough for some, the ticket money spent out for people who travel and see them over and over again, IMO should know "This is how the tour setlist is" and they should expect that, and be pleasantly surprised if something new is added.

People saying he's a child and has a bad temper of late, and leaves the stage for 2 mins. without an explanation is crazy... But I understand that's opinions from how they feel and I respect that:cool:

In my case though I don't travel and see them over and over again, last full gig I saw was in December, ten months ago, so whilst I realise changing a setlist every night is not viable, I kinda expected something to be changed in that time, rightly so, IMO.

And Chris can be very childish/hot headed, it's just the way he is, his own bandmates will even admit that, and there have been a few incididents lately where he's spat his dummy out. Just because we're fans doesn't mean we should gloss over them and pretend he's perfect when he's not.

You gotta take the bad with the good, mostly it's good, especially in the live threads, occasionally it's bad, but it isn't a regular occurance.

japp' date=' das war wohl ich habe auch nach dir ausschau gehalten, aber hätte dich wahrscheinlich gar nicht erkannt... schade. [/quote']

Naja, jetzt weiß ich ja wie du aussiehst und wenn ich dich in der Uni sehe, sage ich einfach mal Hallo. ;)

---------

I don't think the set list gets boring, but I guess they could at least add some more songs to it for the stadium shows. I really would have loved to hear "White Shadows". "Chinese Sleep Chant" was also missing ... they played it in Hamburg last year.

People saying he's a child and has a bad temper of late, and leaves the stage for 2 mins. without an explanation is crazy... But I understand that's opinions from how they feel and I respect that:cool:

That wasn't an OPINION but a JOKE. :laugh3: Simply fooling around, being a little sarcastic here and there - nothing more, nothing less! ;)

So when people 'complain' about the same setlist, it's exactly the same when people keep repeatedly complaining about the 'postponed' Tampa gig.

Honestly, I completely do understand all the people's concerns who were supposed to go to that gig, esp. with not knowing whether you'll get your money back or getting ANY notion at all.

But keeping that topic busy and constantly discussing it doesn't change anything.

And Tracey, I don't critise you at all, I just quoted your post as it was about the 'complaining' in general.

I guess people wouldn't be that upset about the current/old setlist, if we didn't get a blog back in April announcing changes/additions aso.

People at coldplay.com put the hopes up high themselves! :(

I really don't understand all the negativity that's been going around about the band and especially Chris, They don't owe us anything, if we have seen them more than once on this tour, it's our fault for buying another ticket to see them, not theirs. They work with a set list that works for this tour, most of the people who go have never seen them, if you continue to go 4/5 times and then bitch about it, that's being selfish, NOT THE BAND"S FAULT.

I usually am quiet on these boards, not getting into it with anyone, but I just needed to get it off my chest. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I think the main problem here is that the band themselves said that a. they should play longer at stadium gig b. said since beginning of the year that they going to change the set list.

If they would never have said anything nobody really would say anything.

Personally I think that they wanted to do that but I guess that Chris ongoing problems it's better to leave it like it is.

Otherwise I agree, they don't own us anything and nobody forces us to go to more then one gig or read all about the gigs prior to it.

About Chris, he is a little drama queen like most frontmen in bands. About the walking of stage nobody really knows why he walked off. I saw plenty of bands in my life where the frontman is gone for a few minutes because of mic or monitoring issues.

P.

In my case though I don't travel and see them over and over again, last full gig I saw was in December, ten months ago, so whilst I realise changing a setlist every night is not viable, I kinda expected something to be changed in that time, rightly so, IMO.

And Chris can be very childish/hot headed, it's just the way he is, his own bandmates will even admit that, and there have been a few incididents lately where he's spat his dummy out. Just because we're fans doesn't mean we should gloss over them and pretend he's perfect when he's not.

You gotta take the bad with the good, mostly it's good, especially in the live threads, occasionally it's bad, but it isn't a regular occurance.

Chrissy's got the diva streak! :gorgeous: Perhaps he's not doing enough yoga? :lol: Go zen, Christopher!

that was cool! :D couldn't see him properly through the crowd, but thats a better view, thanks :D

this one's a pretty good summary of the concert:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msMCGTXssO0]YouTube - Coldplay Live in Hannover, 25.08.2009[/ame]

That wasn't an OPINION but a JOKE. :laugh3: Simply fooling around, being a little sarcastic here and there - nothing more, nothing less! ;)

So when people 'complain' about the same setlist, it's exactly the same when people keep repeatedly complaining about the 'postponed' Tampa gig.

Honestly, I completely do understand all the people's concerns who were supposed to go to that gig, esp. with not knowing whether you'll get your money back or getting ANY notion at all.

But keeping that topic busy and constantly discussing it doesn't change anything.

And Tracey, I don't critise you at all, I just quoted your post as it was about the 'complaining' in general.

I guess people wouldn't be that upset about the current/old setlist, if we didn't get a blog back in April announcing changes/additions aso.

People at coldplay.com put the hopes up high themselves! :(

Oh Kirsten, I didn't take any offense to your words:kiss: Or anyone elses:cool:

About Tampa, most of us try and keep it on the Tampa thread, we like to cry there on a daily basis:D

I LOVE COLDPLAY:kiss:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmEF5Y1j_kQ]YouTube - Coldplay Michael Jackson "Billy Jean" Tribute Song - LIVE in Hannover (25.08.2009) HD[/ame]

my fav moment of last night, that was so so SO awesome, aaaawww... :heart:

Oh Kirsten, I didn't take any offense to your words:kiss: Or anyone elses:cool:

About Tampa, most of us try and keep it on the Tampa thread, we like to cry there on a daily basis:D

I LOVE COLDPLAY:kiss:

I guess that's what all of us like to do every now and then, having a good 'cry' or 'vent' about this and that ...

After all, we still love the boys and their music, but I am the kind of fan who doesn't

agree with everything my fave band does/says.

That has nothing to do with critisimn but trying to stay objective ;)

My own thoughts on one of the reasons they may not have changed the set list is due to timing. Chris was sick during the band's week "off," between Tampa and Herning. I'm thinking they may have planned on rehearsing/changing up the set list a bit during that off time, but because Chris was sick, they didn't have the chance. They want to provide a great show every time rather than a show that hasn't been properly rehearsed. They informed the crew that Tampa was "off" Friday night after that night's Raleigh concert, so Chris must have been pretty bad even that night. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking happened. As for us complaining about Tampa, yes, it sucked. Especially for those of us who travelled quite a way to get there. But it's also been almost three weeks since we've heard *anything*...no news from LiveNation regarding refunds, although I'm sure if one were to call LiveNation, a refund would be processed. Some sort of notification would be much appreciated, even a "thanks for your patience, we're working on something."

dp - And one of the reasons I'm following all the other live threads is because I really missed seeing them! I'm loving the videos, live reports, tweets, reviews. I couldn't get enough that weekend in Los Angeles, which is why I went to Tampa. And until I see them again, I need to live vicariously through those of you who are lucky enough to see them in Europe. :)

At the beginning of the tour, I have the setlist from July 2008, they did do Chinese Sleep Chant, but it wasn't received well - those infamous silhouettes in the doorways Chris has mentioned, "going to get a hot dog."

dp - And one of the reasons I'm following all the other live threads is because I really missed seeing them! I'm loving the videos, live reports, tweets, reviews. I couldn't get enough that weekend in Los Angeles, which is why I went to Tampa. And until I see them again, I need to live vicariously through those of you who are lucky enough to see them in Europe. :)

At the beginning of the tour, I have the setlist from July 2008, they did do Chinese Sleep Chant, but it wasn't received well - those infamous silhouettes in the doorways Chris has mentioned, "going to get a hot dog."

In America them there Hot Dogs are refered to as Weiners:laugh3: I am going to Europe and will do my damndest to accommodate all of your needs:D The crowd probably during CSC were like "What the Hell is that, I don't understand a word their saying, I'm going to get a weiner.":laugh3:

I agree with the timing issue, that makes sense.

There's an interview on welt online with Chris and Jonny

Here's the link (sadly only in German)...

http://www.welt.de/kultur/article4400894/Coldplay-glauben-dass-sie-ueberbezahlt-sind.html

I just consulted this thread to see the development on it since I left at 16pm. I followed the link, found the article and printed it out.

The 2½ pages long article from Welt Online (the online version of the newspaper "Die Welt" starts in this way:

"Coldplay think that they are overpaid (by Michael Lösl 26 August 2009 at 1:06pm).

Their CD "Viva la Vida" was the world's most sold album 2008. In July 2009 Coldplay started their first stadium tour. WELT ONLINE talked to leadsinger CHRIST (yep: CHRIST) :):laugh3: Martin and guitarist Jonny Buckland about the band's reputation as being boring and about the advantages of being famous."

I have now skimmed this article. Most interesting is the following concerning Viva la Vida:

Chris talks about Viva la Vida. "Viva La Vida" has become so popular because everyone can sing along to it. Most of us think that somewhere out there there is a majority to which the individual person feels that he or she does not belong. But this majority does not exist or if it exists, then this majority consists of people feeling that they do not belong. A song like Viva la Vida really creates a feeling of belonging, and that is why we are really proud of having written this song."

Buckland: How comes that concerts and football games are becoming more and more popular? It has to do with the individual person's need to be part of a community.

Martin: ..... "Viva la Vida" celebrates pluralism. ....

WELT ONLINE: The guitarist Joe Satriani has accused you of having stolen one of his musical ideas for "Viva la Vida".

Martin: It is interesting that, in the meantime, 4 authors / songwriters have claimed that they have rights to the song that Satriani has written and based on which he accuses us of mental theft. These songs were published before Satriani's song ("If I Could Fly") came along. It is somewhat confusing. We would have liked this matter to end, but we would not settle the matter out of court, because this would support his reproach which does not correspond to reality = the facts. "