✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Aug-2009: Hannover Stadium, Hannover - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Okay, back home everyone :)

I am really horrible doing reviews so I better don't do it.

Funny thing, when the curtain was supposed to come down after LIT, it burried half of the band underneath and Chris had to stop singing Violet Hill.

Can't figure out exactly but I reckon he was kind of 'pissed', well at least he was annoyed about it as he kept saying sorry for the 'technical problems' on and on ;)

Guy looked simply AMAZING!!! Sorry, have to mention it as his 'longer' hair makes him look sooo much better and more relaxed and less skinny ;)

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, back home everyone :)

I am really horrible doing reviews so I better don't do it.

Funny thing, when the curtain was supposed to come down after LIT, it burried half of the band underneath and Chris had to stop singing Violet Hill.

Can't figure out exactly but I reckon he was kind of 'pissed', well at least he was annoyed about it as he kept saying sorry for the 'technical problems' on and on ;)

Guy looked simply AMAZING!!! Sorry, have to mention it as his 'longer' hair makes him look sooo much better and more relaxed and less skinny ;)

Here's a video of the curtain falling after LIT - didn't look too smooth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UO9cBDyzaY]YouTube - Coldplay Hannover 2009[/ame]

About the setlist ... yes, it was exactly the same as Stockholm but people around us were absolutely impressed by the 'cellphone wave' and CP performing 'Billie Jean', so many of them still were kind of 'surprised'.

Also about the C-Stage, people at the back really freaked and starting singing the VLV 'Whoooaas' when they noticed that the band came running their way and climbed the little stage for the accoustic set :)

They did Chinese Sleep Chant and White Shadows for soundcheck 'cause we were standing near the stage entrance and could hear Guy singing (during CSC).

Funnily we were the only two people there :stunned:

And when the band drove past us while arriving at the AWD Arena two of them waved at us (tinted windows SUCK BIG TIME!!!) and I guess we've figured out that it was Will & Guy. Not sure though but one of them was certainly Will :)

Hello everybody, a short summarize.

I`m back from the concert in Hannover,before the concert, the killians and whrite lies were the opening act, they were absolutely brilliant i think, just great! both Albums are great but live they were even better, fu** great!!!It was raining at the beginning., the show was almost sold out, just a few free places. before the show started, the band played U2, JayZ,BlockParty and a "Wiener Walzer". At the beginning the curtain fell over chris, then he claimed about the collaboration with the crowed...and after than something was wrong with the technic and he leaves the stage for 3 minutes, the other guys from the band were wondering...but chris apologized for it and then the concert gets better and better.It was a amazing show but I can`t close ones again without to mention that the german crowed missed every entry...thats sad! in munich it was fantastic but hannover didn`t jump at all and didn´t sing often. ok I`m very tied...sorry for my bad english...I tell you after the very bad beginning of the concert I was afraid...even I saw the faces of the other band members when chris left the stage...they were nervous and a little bit angry and supriesed when chris left the stage but in the course of the show they played better and in the end it was a great gig...it was also funny to see the curtain fell on chris!

Just arrived at my home near Bremen again!

Although they've not been any surprises regarding the setlist I must admit it was an amazing show! My 4th Coldplay show and probably the best one personally. Especially because it was an amazing stadium, the band was in a good mood and the audience was beyong incredible (far better than in Hamburg and Berlin last year). Mercifully it was only raining while the first band (Kilians) was playing who were amazing I think. :) I didn't like White Lies though...

They had some funny problems here and there like the curtain which was supposed to come down or some mistakes with their screens at the beginning. Chris apologised a lot during the show and he also left the stage for about 3 minutes before Fix You. Nevertheless I was extremely content with the concert. Chris also sang "Glas aus Wasser" at the end of "Glass of water" hehe.

My train journey back to Bremen was also funny. Someone with a yellow Coldplay rain coat obviously blocked the door when the train wanted to start (I hope it was noone from here). Suddenly the angry driver said something like: "Hey you in the yellow coat! The Coldplay show is over! You've had your buzz! Move your ass back from the door now otherwise I will kick you out of the train and you can sleep at Hannover main station." German Railways at its best! :rolleyes: :wacky:

Good night!

H...I tell you after the very bad beginning of the concert I was afraid...even I saw the faces of the other band members when chris left the stage...they were nervous and a little bit angry and supriesed when chris left the stage but in the course of the show they played better and in the end it was a great gig...it was also funny to see the curtain fell on chris!

aaaaah.Chris and his bad temper.But well I do understand why he would be angry after all those technical problems

They did Chinese Sleep Chant and White Shadows for soundcheck 'cause we were standing near the stage entrance and could hear Guy singing (during CSC).

Funnily we were the only two people there :stunned:

And when the band drove past us while arriving at the AWD Arena two of them waved at us (tinted windows SUCK BIG TIME!!!) and I guess we've figured out that it was Will & Guy. Not sure though but one of them was certainly Will :)

Stupid tainted windows.So glad you heard Guy sing.They should totally play both songs again

Aaawww!!

pics, pics PLEASE:bomb:

and after than something was wrong with the technic and he leaves the stage for 3 minutes, the other guys from the band were wondering...

okay, this is so freaky, i dreamt last night that Chris walked off stage:stunned:

"Hey you in the yellow coat! The Coldplay show is over! You've had your buzz! Move your ass back from the door now otherwise I will kick you out of the train and you can sleep at Hannover main station." German Railways at its best! :rolleyes: :wacky:

haha, this made me laugh out loud!:laugh3:

glad everyone had a great time in spite of the chrissy fit:P

His temper is getting worse now..I'm not sure if I'd tolerate that if I was one of the other boys..

how bad is chris whit is temper?? this is insane and not professional at all. he has no regard for anybody when acts like this.

He just walked off stage for three mins? Professional :dozey:

That boy needs to learn how to control his temper.

His temper is getting worse now..I'm not sure if I'd tolerate that if I was one of the other boys..

Honestly, Iwona and myself both were a little lost when we noticed the huge 'gap' between 42 and Fix You. The rest of the guys kept playing on their instruments, but rather some 'pling plings' and we both looked at each other going 'Where's Chris?'

As the stage was huge and the distance to it enormous, we didn't really see him leave, but at one point he was gone and it felt a bit strange. :confused:

i saw him leave and the rest of the band looked lost too... they did what they could to keep the show going... and yep... he returned about 3 mins later... god knows why he left in the first place... i video taped part of that... not that you can see much... but if anyone wants to see it... let me know ;)

to be honest... the only thing not working right was the huge curtain... i havent notived anything else... so wtf make a big deal out of it? maybe i didnt notice cuz this was my first show in 3 years... hahah.... ops...

how cool that they gave out those free cds! do they do that on all the shows??

and maybe you hate me now for saying it... but the show was so much like U2... who is copying who here?? the stage looked like a redo of the vertigo stage, the cell phone thingy... singing MJ cover... doing the remix versions, chris thanking everybody for such a great night... not that this is all bad... but... huh???

Going back for three minutes does sound like a long time..

But maybe he was checking and asking the crew to check other things to make sure nothing goes wrong anymore..

I think Chris is the person who always put the fans first.

So possibly he wanted to make sure that everyhing else will go on smoothly..

But oh well..we will never know what really happened.

Kirsten, glad you had a good time. And those photos are amazing considering thedistance between your seat and the stage :wink:

how cool that they gave out those free cds! do they do that on all the shows??

and maybe you hate me now for saying it... but the show was so much like U2... who is copying who here?? the stage looked like a redo of the vertigo stage, the cell phone thingy... singing MJ cover... doing the remix versions, chris thanking everybody for such a great night... not that this is all bad... but... huh???

They have given out the free CDs to all concertgoers since the start of the 3rd US tour leg in May.

And I don't know when U2 started doing all those things, but just to put some sort of timing on it... Coldplay started with the remix versions since the start of the tour in the middle of last year, the cell phone wave in Auckland in February 2009, and the MJ cover after MJ's untimely death as a tribute.

Here are a few pictures I've taken from the 4th or 5th row yesterday! Sorry for the bad quality, but my digicam isn't the best one. ;)

By the way, at the entrance there were signs saying digital cameras and video player weren't allowed for the show. Nevertheless, the security didn't look after it, they even didn't scan people. I could just walk in. It was very easy. :)

3858054261_8fe1d6c79a.jpg

3858054489_8a32485818.jpg

3858843934_6c2df71285.jpg

3858055269_698f05d4c1.jpg

3858844812_d93f84349f.jpg

3858845124_29b3525eae.jpg

3858056639_7f15891d31.jpg

3858057577_7a6467d13d.jpg

3858058053_07382c68c6.jpg

3858847266_18d7fc206c.jpg

3858847534_a0a35a3617.jpg

Bigger versions here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23207122@N07/

This show in one word: Amazing.

I had high hopes for this concert - but it was much much much much [...] much better than I expected it to be.

Outstanding moment: The "Interlude" before DWNC - in which he said "If you having a good time, gimme a 'WHOOP WHOOP'!" or something like that. :lol:

@ but a dream: ok... CP did the remix first then, but the cellphones...u2 has that one in the pocked they did it in 05 already. yeah well.. you can pay tribute to anyone you like i guess...

all i am sayin is... their shows have many many similarities... haha.. they should tour together... but i liked chris effort to try some german... he even sang at one point glasses of wasser... hahah... that cracked me up... also the one dude from the crew doing the dancing before the show...

he did a better job entertaining the crowd than the killians or white lies... sorry guys... he stole your show completely...

here are two more picture galleries: http://www.ndr2.de/events/bildershow582.html

Concert in Hannover 25 August 2009 thread

This morning I had the following correspondence with NDR2 about the "Live" versions of songs last night from NDR2 in the "After Party show" from 23 to 24 on 25 August 2009 (translated from German into English):

Translation of my email to NDR2 ­ [email protected] :

Good Morning,

Yesterday evening I listened to your "Coldplay Afterparty Show". 10 very good Coldplay's songs were played - these were "Live" versions. I did not get from which concert (or concerts) these "live" versions came:

Clocks, Trouble, In My Place, Viva La Vida, A Message, Speed of Sound, Bittersweet Symphony (originally a "The Verve" song), Fix You (from which concert)??, The Scientist, and Strawberry Swing.

I really need to know from which concert this "Fix You" version came, as the singer's voice here had problems with the high notes ("In the stream" ...). I really like this song, but I do not like the singer's voice in the high notes in this particular "live" version - it really did not sound good!! Was this recording maybe from the Stockholm concert on 22 August 2009 (it was written in a Swedisch newspaper that the singer had problems with the high notes)?

I thank you for the good radio programme "Coldplay Afterparty Show" and am looking forward to your reply. NANCY BOYSEN from Denmark

Translation of NDR2's FIRST REPLY:

Reply: Question: "Fix You" played on radio yesterday evening - live. From which concert?‏

Hallo Ms Boysen,

Thank you for your interest in our radio programme.

Yesterday we have played songs from various Coldplay albums, because we presented the concert in Hannover. All "live" versions come from this concert.

We hope that you will continue to have fun listening to NDR 2!

Janne Geefcke, NDR 2 HOTLINE, NDR 2 HOTLINE, Tel. 0180-5 11 77 22

[email protected], http://www.ndr2.de

Translation of the second reply from NDR2:

Hi,

I made a mistake during my research, please forgive me - I'm sorry.

The Live versions came from various concerts.

"Fix You" was recorded on 4.7.2005 i London's Hyde Park, the same applies to "Bittersweet Symphony".

"Speed Of Sound" was recorded on 07.04.2005 in Köln, and the same applies to "A Message" and "In My Place".

"Viva La Vida" comes from our own Radio concert 07.07.2008.

"Trouble" is a recording made by BBC Radio One, whereas "Clocks" is from Coldplay's Live CD.

We hope that you will continue to have fun listening to NDR 2!

Janne Geefcke / NDR 2 HOTLINE - Tel. 0180-5 11 77 22 / [email protected] / http://www.ndr2.de

Hallo,

I thank you for your answer.

I was confused when reading your first reply, because "Bittersweet Symphony" by Verve is not part of the band's setlist. So I am pleased with your new reply.

I thank you once again for your answer and hope that you are going to have a nice day.

Nancy Boysen from Denmark

Comments to some posts here:

Re: Chris leaving the stage for 3 minutes after having been hit by the enormous curtain:

- Maybe he needed some fresh water in his face / head after that experience

- Maybe his voice needed some medicaments to last for the rest of the concert

- Maybe Zeya is right that he needed to check some things to make sure that nothing would go wrong for the rest of the show

- Maybe Chris needed to cool down his temper, and in that case I would prefer

him to leave stage than to explode on stage !!

You can ask the Oracle which option(s) is/are the correct one(s) !!

Re: MJ cover started when? As it was stated here: At the very first show after Michael Jackson's sudden death. U2 and Madonna also started doing the same immediately or very shortly after Michael's death. So Coldplay started doing the MJ cover sooner than / or at the same time as U2 and Madonna.

Re: Cell phone wave: I read about U2's cell phone last year. So U2 started doing that before Coldplay did.

@ but a dream: ok... CP did the remix first then, but the cellphones...u2 has that one in the pocked they did it in 05 already. yeah well.. you can pay tribute to anyone you like i guess...

all i am sayin is... their shows have many many similarities... haha.. they should tour together... but i liked chris effort to try some german... he even sang at one point glasses of wasser... hahah... that cracked me up... also the one dude from the crew doing the dancing before the show...

he did a better job entertaining the crowd than the killians or white lies... sorry guys... he stole your show completely...

here are two more picture galleries: http://www.ndr2.de/events/bildershow582.html

I hope I didn't sound defensive or anything. I like U2 as well :D And the dancing roadie is called Wayne, he's awesome :D

Excellent video!!!

Blue Danube, LIT AND the evil curtain burrying Chris! :laugh3:

I reckon' the problem was that the curtain was drawn to the back and it fell onto Chris who stopped singing.

The whole video isn't the best audio quality but you could at least see everything :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySzC75V9s3Q]YouTube - Coldplay - Intro & Violet Hill (live) - 25-08-09 Hannover[/ame]

Coldplay concert i Hannover 25 august 2009

This show in one word: Amazing.

I had high hopes for this concert - but it was much much much much [...] much better than I expected it to be.

Outstanding moment: The "Interlude" before DWNC - in which he said "If you having a good time, gimme a 'WHOOP WHOOP'!" or something like that. :lol:

I'm glad that you had a good time. :) And my response to the outstanding moment you mention here: LOL and :laugh3::D:lol: