✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Aug-2009: Hannover Stadium, Hannover - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Hilarious!!

Make sure, that nobody frees him from that 32-yr-old body ;)

Otherwise it would end up in child labour if a 4-yr-old would enter the stage every evening ;)

And the shows would start at 4 pm in order to finish before Sesame Street ;)

Also because that 32 year old body is looking damn good :sneaky:

Oh so you're competing who goes to the Coldplay show most eh?

What about who has the most stuffs signed by Chris (out of context, I know)?

Ok yes I'm jealous with all of you...Shut up :P

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank-You so much for the reviews!!!

Sarah, that review with all the pics was amazing!!! The pic's were great!!!

Kirsten, Thank-You so much for all the tweeting you did, it was much appreciated for all of us here wondering what was going on, and I love your Yellow Jacket, did you iron transfer onto it? I have one for Wembley cause I thought it might rain, and would love to put something on it.

This review (unfortunately in german) is bloody excellent!!!

Finally a reporter who hit the nail on the head!! :)

I am leaving in 10 minutes time and will be out of my place for the rest of the day. I am looking forward to reading the 2 articles in the local Hannover paper of each 5 pages, but it must wait until tomorrow.

I might translate some parts of them into English.

I don't know what has happened after that I accepted an update (was it of Adobe Player). But after that I can't see the videos or all the pictures (some of them, yes). Those I can't see have a red x at the top (left side) and that is all. I would have liked to see the picture where the curtain falls on Chris. I was glad to read that Jonny smiled, then it wasn't so bad.

Hm, that thing about Chris leaving the stage... look, i know he has a temper and all that, but i find it hard to believe that he would keep 40 000 people waiting cause he's a bit pissed of. Maybe his earpiece wasn't working properly or something like that, so he couldn't hear himself.

Grest pics and vids everyone! :D

Is it just me, or are those litle tantrums getting more usual as the tour progresses?? Me thinks Mr Martin is needing some time at home, maybe the long tour is getting to him :confused:

I don't think so, he'd have explained, not just run off and left 44,000 people and the band wondering what the the hell was going on. Throwing his towel at Jonny too...unfortuantely we all know he's more than capable of temper tantrums, walking out of interviews, throwing the stage around like a mad man after burning himself, punching paps and slashing their tires...

He is who he is and I'm not trying to rip him apart, but it doesn't paint a pretty picture, they're all part of this mammoth tour and yet they're managing to keep it together.

I don't think so, he'd have explained, not just run off and left 44,000 people and the band wondering what the the hell was going on. Throwing his towel and Jonny too...unfortuantely we all know he's more than capable of temper tantrums, walking out of interviews, throwing the stage around like a mad man after burning himself, punching paps and slashing their tires...

He is who he is and I'm not trying to rip him apart, but it doesn't paint a pretty picture, they're all part of this mammoth tour and yet they're managing to keep it together.

Didn't he apologize a few times for the technical problems?

Am I missing his other pissi-ness this tour? I thought he'd been behaving himself pretty well.

Didn't he apologize a few times for the technical problems?

Am I missing his other pissi-ness this tour? I thought he'd been behaving himself pretty well.

He didn't say anything before running off though, he'd at least have told the band where he was going if it was legitimate. :shrug:

I don't think so, he'd have explained, not just run off and left 44,000 people and the band wondering what the the hell was going on. Throwing his towel at Jonny too...unfortuantely we all know he's more than capable of temper tantrums, walking out of interviews, throwing the stage around like a mad man after burning himself, punching paps and slashing their tires...

+1

Well the towel thingie wasn't agressive or such, he was just a little irritated and it looked as if he simply wanted so save Jonny from embarrassing himself by walking the wrong way. ;)

The running of stage felt weird though, it seemed to be pretty urgent, so maybe he really just needed to pee. :laugh3:

I don't know ...

I don't think we need to worry about anything, it's been a long , long tour and traveling, and Chris is a perfectionist and probably get's embarassed when things on stage isn't right and tries to make the best of it, and it sometimes show's. He just needs to eat more chocolate:kiss:

Waah ... :angry:... Just saw a little movie about last night's concert on ZDF.de and they showed an interview with Chris and Jonny ... but when Jonny talked the subtitle said "Will Champion" ... for god's sake, ZDF is a really huge tv station in Germany and they can't even get the names right. :dozey:

Waah ... :angry:... Just saw a little movie about last night's concert on ZDF.de and they showed an interview with Chris and Jonny ... but when Jonny talked the subtitle said "Will Champion" ... for god's sake, ZDF is a really huge tv station in Germany and they can't even get the names right. :dozey:

Haha, I watched it as well and I also noticed the mistake very quickly. :D

There's an interview on welt online with Chris and Jonny where Chris says:

- Coldplay is overpaid

- Violet Hill is about idiots on TV and precisely about the American news channel FOX News

- he doesn't like concerts longer than 90 minutes

:D

Here's the link (sadly only in German)...

http://www.welt.de/kultur/article4400894/Coldplay-glauben-dass-sie-ueberbezahlt-sind.html

Haha, I watched it as well and I also noticed the mistake very quickly. :D

There's an interview on welt online with Chris and Jonny where Chris says:

- Coldplay is overpaid

- Violet Hill is about idiots on TV and precisely about the American news channel FOX News

- he doesn't like concerts longer than 90 minutes

:D

Here's the link (sadly only in German)...

http://www.welt.de/kultur/article4400894/Coldplay-glauben-dass-sie-ueberbezahlt-sind.html

Do you have the link to the tv interview? I looked around the site, but it was hard to navigate, lol. I don't speak German.

hey guys,

we had a great time yesterday :dance:

arrived at the venue at 1.30 pm and there weren't too many ppl there at that time. when the doors opened at 4.30 pm, it was sort of terrible, tho. everyone went a bit mad and was pushing their way through :dozey: it was a bit unorganized from the security, methinks. i lost my whole group on the way to the stage, but luckily found them later.

when i entered the stadium, i was so impressed... omg, it was huge. and it just looked amazing, it really did.

anyway, we made it to maybe the fifth row in front of the stage (centre). for me it turned out to be a very nice spot and i had an awesome view.

liked the first support act (the kilians, a german band) very much. i saw them once back in 2007, but this time they were so much better. by the time they played, it had already started to rain and it wouldn't stop for about half an hour or so. but i didn't mind the rain too much, since i was already quite exhausted. but luckily it stopped when white lies played (didn't like them too much, although they do have some nice songs) and the rain didn't return the whole night :nice:

soooo...

coldplay hit the stage at 9 pm. i so loved when the curtain fell on them :lol: at first i was like "wtf" but it did look really funny... plus, it's sort of good to see that things can still go wrong at a coldplay-concert. it's not always good when everything is just perfect and well-organized, if you know what i mean ;) at least that's my opinion, so that was a bit of a change, heh. later, chris said they had sort of a "shitty start, with things collapsing on the band" :laugh3: you could tell he was a bit pissed at first, but took it with humour afterwards :nice:

it is true that they had some technical difficulties throughout the gig and like people already told you, chris apologized a lot :rolleyes: i think the screen in the middle wasn't working for the first two songs.

i have to say, i didn't like when chris suddenly left the stage for 2 or 3 minutes before fix you. it felt like an eternity until he returned and nobody knew what was wrong. the other band members seemed a bit lost, too :( still no idea where he went, maybe sth was wrong with his mic or he had to go to the toilet :P anyway...

one of my fav moments was definitely the c-stage :heart: although i couldn't see the guys back there at all and had to look at the screens, i sooo loved green eyes, that song about the german audience (it finished with sth like "and just to give you and extra thrill, here's a song by our drummer will" :cheesy: ) and especially the billie jean cover!!! i hadn't heard it before and boy, it was SO amazing. everyone had their cellphones out and it just looked stunning... aww. the atmosphere was really great as well at that part of the show. so yeah, that was probably my fav moment. oh and i loved the little dance jonny and chris did during DWNC as well, that was so SO cute, heeeh :wacky:

other fav moments were of course lovers in japan, the scientist (i like the normal version a lot better than the acoustic version), politik, 42 and strawberry swing.

a few more changes in the setlist compared to last year would have been nice, but well... i didn't really expect that too happen anyway.

to conclude this little review, it was a great show with only a few downers. i have to say, i enjoyed myself very much, but not more than last year, although this time everything was much bigger. this again wasn't as special to me as maybe oberhausen back in 2005. but it was still amazing, of course it was. :heart: :heart: :heart:

didn't take my camera with me this time, so all i got is a few crappy mobile pics, which i'd like to share with you nontheless ;)

PS: what maybe spoiled it a bit for me, was that people behind me kept talking very loud during the whole gig, especially during the quieter songs (the hardest part, green eyes...) i mean, i don't mind people talking, but that was a bit too much - for me it ruined the atmosphere many times :(

Why the hell was Oberhausen so special? I can't really figure it out, but remember when we were crying our hearts out at the end after they had played "the scientist"....I will never forget that....I really expect tomorrow to be really amazing...but I guess I will never have that Oberhausen feeling again....:heart:

oh btw....I found this picture and there is something in it that makes it soooo nice (Guy?:thinking:)

1-eb4e2116bcdf45f4.jpg