✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Aug-2009: Hannover Stadium, Hannover - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

that was cool! :D couldn't see him properly through the crowd, but thats a better view, thanks :D

this one's a pretty good summary of the concert:

Oh my God! I always imagined fireworks coming out after the final note of LIT2!!

:D!! They actually did it!!

Omg i got chills from that video I LOVE IT :D:D:D:D

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody here who can say if it is allowed to take photos? I#M going to the concert in Düsseldorf today and according to espritarena.de (where the concert is), I must not take a camera with me. Why not?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxdbPDBN0Rw]YouTube - Coldplay LIVE und hautnah (Live@ AWD Arena Hannover 25.08.09) HD[/ame]

:heart: :heart: :heart:

:bigcry:

(that vid got the little song about the german audience at the end, heh. that was so cute.)

when they started the concert i began to cry... i was so happy because i waited for this like lifetimes :'D

es war einfach wunderschön, unglaublich GEIL, überwältigend, bezaubernd!

es war mein erstes großes konzert und ich war so aufgeregt, es war einfach toll!!!

Oh, what a great show!!! And I was in the first row! They are so fantastic! It was my first Coldplay gig, but I think not last! ... I was so lucky that Will sang Death Will Never Conquer again! And people were amazing... They realized my dream, thx Coldplay!

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the great reviews, pictures and videos! :)

Did anyone already try to ask the Oracle about the mystery of Chris leaving the stage for 3 minutes?

I'm not sure she'd respond, but maybe it's worth a try...

Coldplay rocks in front of a crowd of 37,000 people in Hannover

(Article by Martin Steiner - parts hereof translated by Nancy Boysen + a short summary of the rest).

"You can watch this man for hours". Then the author Martin Steiner goes on describing Chris Martin's live performances - so very active and energetic on stage and totally absorbed by the music when playing at his piano.

"Those 4 people are able to make melodies that make you soul fly. Following "Violet Hill", a song from their latest album "Viva la Vida ..., they played two world-wide hits: "Clocks" with the characteristic piano figure and the pulsing beat. And "In My Place", "this ballad that is so beautiful that it makes you cry when you are in that mood." "Live, it makes even those people surrender that normal blame Martin for his whining falsetto singing."

Chris Martin is praised for his linguistic skills and good pronunciation. [in my opinion he is a musical as well as linguistic genius]. The author, Martin Steiner at one point uses the expression "CHARISMARTIN" and compares Chris Martin to Bono of U2 - they are both benefactors and in favour of Fair Trade. Martin supports Fair Trade and Oxfam, "but he does not advertise his political attitudes on stage. He sings, and that is enough "doing good"." "The emotional highlight is "Viva la Vida" with its catchy Oh-oh-oh chorus which invites the Arena / Stadium audience to sing along. This exceeds the Billy-Jean tribute to Michael Jackson. In general: GOOSE-BUMPS for everyone."

Link: http://haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Uebersicht/Coldplay-rockt-vor-37.000-Zuschau...

(Newspaper: Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung, Section "Aus der Stadt")

A German fan commenting the full article recommends us to read the review of the concert in "NEUE Presse" and on "NDR2's Homepage". - I have not seen them yet, but will try to look them up).

Have a nice day! :cool:

Ugh ... my head hurts. Anyway here's a little review and "some" pics I took. ;)

[...]

AWESOME review!!

Thanks so much for this!

Hope you have fun today :dance:

And that's me and Anna's wonderful design for my yellow Coldplay jacket :)

IMG_0926.jpg

You're welcome, Kirsten!

Thanks for your texts again! :hug:

Oh my Chris...He's nothing but a kid trapped in a 32year old man's body..:lol:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I love that interview where he's been asked about his hobbies and Steve Lamacq replies with "That makes you sound about 7 years old" ("or something like that") :lol:

Does this link work for you?

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/content/827140?inPopup=true

I'm not sure if it's available abroad... If not... you don't really miss much! ;)

Thanks so much Lars!!! :kiss:

Yes, apparently he did... For 3 minutes. Between 42 and Fix you. And nobody knows why!

Maybe the Oracle will answer... (not sure...)

Maybe he had to use the restroom. Sometimes that can make a person very uncomfortable. Even if he just needed a break, 3 minutes is not a very long time, considering he sings, dances, and plays for 2 hours straight.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the great reviews, pictures and videos! :)

Did anyone already try to ask the Oracle about the mystery of Chris leaving the stage for 3 minutes?

I'm not sure she'd respond, but maybe it's worth a try...

yes I asked the oracle about chris leaving the stage...but i think the oracle will keep this mystery for every....additionally that was my 1000 question...and i didn`t get a answer till today....

As a highlight of this year's open-air season, they can be considered safe, the four Britons of Coldplay. Zahlreiche begeisterte Fanreports über die Konzerte in Hannover, München und Düsseldorf erreichten uns in den letzten Tagen auf eventim.de. Numerous Fanreporter enthusiastic about the concerts in Hanover, Munich and Dusseldorf reached us in recent days on eventim.de. Stellvertretend schildern hier die User Stefan und Sandra ihre Eindrücke. Vicariously here to describe the user Stefan and Sandra her impressions.

"First of all a big round of applause to the two opening bands, it was really not easy! Although I must say that the Kilians from Dinslaken the better touch with the fans had! However, both bands have made it neat! Well, where do I start at. It is about twenty minutes to nine, the tension that emanates from the 44,000 fans, the air is practically almost explode.

Und dann erklingen die ersten Töne des Intros! And then the first notes ring out of the intro! Die Menschen auf den Rängen springen aus ihren sitzen und recken die Hälse, wann kommen die vier Engländer endlich auf die Bühne? The people in the stands jump out of their sit up and stretch their necks, when the four Englishmen finally come on stage? Und dann.... And then .... Vier Wunderkerzen... Four sparklers ... Life in Technicolor und das Stadion wird aus seinen Grundfesten gerissen! Life in Technicolor and the stadium is torn from its foundations! Ein unglaubliches Konzert beginnt und hat alles für den Fan zu bieten, was es nur zu bieten gibt: Feuerwerk, Bunte Papierschmetterlinge, die in die Luft geschossen werden, riesige Luftballons, Nebelmaschinen, Lightshow etc.! An amazing concert starts and has everything to offer for the fan experience, what there is to offer only a fireworks display, colorful paper butterflies that are shot into the air, giant balloons, smoke machines, light shows, etc.! Es reiht sich Hit an Hit (ich glaube von der Viva la Vida CD fehlen nur Yes und Reign of Love)! It joins Hit an Hit (I think from the Viva la Vida CD missing only Yes and Reign Of Love)! Mittendrin, runter von der Bühne, an den jubelnden Fans der Esprit Tribüne vorbei, auf eine kleine Holzbühne mitten im Stehraum und mit Akustikgitarre und Mundharmonika weitergerockt! Middle, weitergerockt down from the stage, past the cheering fans of the Esprit Tribune, a small wooden stage in the middle of Stehraum and with an acoustic guitar and harmonica!

Was soll man sagen, die Fans wurden mit einbezogen, Chris Martin sprach Deutsch, ein gigantisches Feuerwerk zum Schluss! What can one say that the fans were involved, Chris Martin spoke German, a gigantic fireworks display to end! Es ist 23 Uhr, das Konzert ist zu Ende (leider fehlten Speed of Sound und Trouble), draußen noch die Live CD abgegriffen und mit einem scheinbar niemals endenden Lächeln im Gesicht nach Hause! It is 23 clock, the concert is over (unfortunately lacking Speed of Sound and Trouble), worn out or the live CD and with a seemingly never-ending smile on his face to go home! Große Band, großer Abend!" nk / eventim / fanreport / rock Great band, great evening! "Nk / eventim / Fan report / rock

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://blog.eventim.de/stories/41491/&prev=http://blogsearch.google.co.uk/blogsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26scoring%3Dd%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dcoldplay%2Bhannover%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I love that interview where he's been asked about his hobbies and Steve Lamacq replies with "That makes you sound about 7 years old" ("or something like that") :lol:

Haha which interview was that?