✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Aug-2009: Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf, Ger - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm well-rested but still happy and all excited. :)

I was standing on the right side from the band's view, somewhere between row 5 to 10. That changed a lot, quite funny.^^

The people around me were, well, it could have been better but it was okay. Sometimes, especially during Glass of Water, I felt like being the only one who's singing :lol:

It started with the Kilians. I've heard their name before, but none of their songs. They were alright, definitely better than Howling Bells, which I disliked.

Right from the first note of Magnificant, I was totally nervous. A few minutes later, the lights were switched off and I felt like being in a trance for the next two hours. They were just perfect, marvellous and gigantic.

After it was all over, I felt electrified. That's fitting. It was like happiness and incredulity were combined. Very strange :lol:

Luckily, I was able to grab a lot of butterflies and also a copy of LRLRL, but I'm not sure whether my sister has a spare.

The setlist was great, I had doubts because VLVODAAHF is the album which I like least, but these doubts weren't affirmed, it was amazing. My personal favourites were In My Place, LiT ii, LIJ, The Scientist, Politik, Fix You and Cemetries of London. I was kind of surprised that they played Til Kingdom Come, but disappointed and sad about the missing of Speed of Sound.

But all in all, it was great and I'm sure I'll never forget this Thursday night :)

some people next to me got really bored by them...I enjoyed their music, but the singer was not a good "entertainer"....

Not but remember these times - no entertainment but great music....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w52UO2w6g0]YouTube - Coldplay - High Speed (Live)[/ame]

The howling bells reminded me a bit of the beginnings of Coldplay - that's why I probably liked them so much....and the female singer was also very good in my opinion.

Well her singing style reminded me of Kate Bush at times - but that's not the kind of thing you want to hear before Coldplay. It was far too melancholic.:dozey:

Well her singing style reminded me of Kate Bush at times - but that's not the kind of thing you want to hear before Coldplay. It was far too melancholic.:dozey:

So maybe I liked them because I also adore the melancholic songs from Coldplay...my favourite album is Parachutes...

So maybe I liked them because I also adore the melancholic songs from Coldplay...my favourite album is Parachutes...

So do I, but stadium shows lend themselves more to the "uptempo" songs, which is probably why you now hear far more of them in the sets. Even "Fix You" has "power ballad" quality about it.;)

So do I, but stadium shows lend themselves more to the "uptempo" songs, which is probably why you now hear far more of them in the sets. Even "Fix You" has "power ballad" quality about it.;)

I know what you mean - they did not "rock" the stage....but there was so much time after it until Coldplay was out, so I think that the best warm-uppers could not make a better atmosphere. I am happy that I discovered a new interesting band and that the people who choosed them had an ear for good alternative music.

The Killians were way too loud for me...it blast out, bad acoustic I think.

I know what you mean - they did not "rock" the stage....but there was so much time after it until Coldplay was out, so I think that the best warm-uppers could not make a better atmosphere. I am happy that I discovered a new interesting band and that the people who chosed them had an ear for good alternative music.

The Killians were way too loud for me...

I'm not saying the Kilians were one of the best supports I've ever heard, just that their "style" suited the occasion better.;)

I'm not saying the Kilians were one of the best supports I've ever heard, just that their "style" suited the occasion better.;)

I got your point ;). Their music is more dynamic for a gig like this...sure. I just wanted to say that I liked the Howling bells even though they did not really fit in...

Does anyone knows what's the song with the drum-sticks?

You mean apart from the awful parking system and shambolic organisation of the queues??:dozey:

As this sentence is part of the translation from a RP Online article written by TIMO BAKENFELDER I guess that this is his Timo Bakenfelder's opinion. I myself was somewhat surprised when reading his positive view of the traffic after having read some concert-goers' comments on a chaotic parking system.

As this sentence is part of the translation from a RP Online article written by TIMO BAKENFELDER I guess that this is his Timo Bakenfelder's opinion. I myself was somewhat surprised when reading his positive view of the traffic after having read some concert-goers' comments on a chaotic parking system.

:lol:

It was chaotic!

every car parked behind the other - so nobody could get out of it before the others cars behind or in front of were away - and then there were 4 traces but 2 of them were closed by red lights that never turned green...:rolleyes: - so everybody wanted to drive into the traces with the green lights...

It was chaotic!

every car parked behind the other - so nobody could get out of it before the others cars behind or in front of were away - and then there were 4 traces but 2 of them were closed by red lights that never turned green...:rolleyes: - so everybody wanted to drive into the traces with the green lights...

Well, that really sounds chaotic. Btw I can imagine the situation you describe here - and looking for / hoping for the red light to turn green, maybe your eyes were about to turn green - into GREEN EYES! :laugh3: