✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Aug-2009: Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf, Ger - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

I'm taking far fewer photos and vids too (especially in the larger venues) as my camera is only good for close-ups and there's always better material floating around nowadays.

Also I prefer to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the concerts.;)

I was lucky to attend Coldplay concert 3nights in a row, so what I did was taking photos on the first night, and enjoy the show the other nights..

And having other friends tagging along (which are not really fans) helped too :P

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky to attend Coldplay concert 3nights in a row, so what I did was taking photos on the first night, and enjoy the show the other nights..

And having other friends tagging along (which are not really fans) helped too :P

I got some good "external" photos at the 02 in December, but inside the seats were just too far away to get any decent stage shots.;)

However, with the Photoblog and all that, who really needs them?

I asked this man for water and he said he isn't allowed to hand it out - only paramedics.

Later I asked him again and said that I don't feel well so he replied with "Then you have to get outside"... no way I'd do that. I'd stand there until I faint :lol:

No, I didn't make Kris!! Carol did him and gave him to me as a present!!!! :dance: :heart:

He'll get his own thread where you can see his adventures soon :D

Yes, I got the drum stick on Thursday after LIJ and still have that one picture in my mind where I see the roadie just putting it inside my hands!

Hey a whole thread about the doll - very nice...

Yep girl - go outside - just waited for hours in the front row to see your favourite band - but hey if you're not feeling well go outside while the concert is running instead of getting a simple glass of water :confused:...I don't like security they are taking themself way too serious and don't have a clue at all.

To get the drum stick and the setlist on one evening - that's supercool - everything was worth it for you, I think.

Yep girl - go outside - just waited for hours in the front row to see your favourite band - but hey if you're not feeling well go outside while the concert is running instead of getting a simple glass of water

The other thing to remember if you're queuing outside for an unusually long period of time is to make sure you keep sipping liquids throughout as you're unlikely to realise you're dehydrated until it's already too late, which is when you actually feel thirsty.

I know this from running and tennis.

While queuing on Thursday I managed to finish off two 1L bottles of apple-cranberry before the gates opened, plus a cola and two Capri Suns inside and I didn't feel the need to visit the loo until I actually arrived home.

This indicates to me that I must have sweated everything out, as I do during sport or clubbing.;)

Aww Anna what a wonderful review ! You've been so lucky :wacky: You better share your Coldplay karma with me in Paris... erm... I even think you don't have the choice :D

Maybe not many pics, but they're so beautiful ! Especially the Chris ones !

My dad has the same camera, I NEED to steal it for my upcoming shows :sneaky:

I'm really sorry for the drinking problem, but so glad you didn't faint ! I think I have a very good solution for the next shows ! :dance:

Aww Anna what a wonderful review ! You've been so lucky :wacky: You better share your Coldplay karma with me in Paris... erm... I even think you don't have the choice :D

:hug:

True - I don't have a choice but I don't mind AT ALL :kiss:

And I think we're pretty much codependent *coughi'llhaveyourwembleyticketcough* ;)

During IMP I held up the “Chris, do you want a twiglet?” banner.

It was written in red with Kris (= Knitted Chris) and a pack of Twiglets attached on both sides :)

Picture will follow!

Chris saw it, smiled and licked his lips :lol:

He also did a really funny dance / jump and I hope someone filmed it!!!

I couldn’t stop jumping like that the following day whenever it fitted – such a funny moment!

Hi!

I'm not sure if the jump you mean is in the video, but I did film part of In My Place:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FwYFZ91Bc&hd=1]YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place (Düsseldorf 27/08/2009)[/ame]

Anyway, the concert was an amazing experience. I've been a fan since 2001, but this was the first time I actually saw them live. Can't wait for the next time :)

Hi!

I'm not sure if the jump you mean is in the video, but I did film part of In My Place:

YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place (Düsseldorf 27/08/2009)

Anyway, the concert was an amazing experience. I've been a fan since 2001, but this was the first time I actually saw them live. Can't wait for the next time :)

Welcome to coldplaying!!!

Your videos are great, I love GOW :heart:

Sadly it's not the part I meant...

It was a bit like he was about to do a limbo dance, so his upper body was leaned back and he jumped forwards in that position. Hard to describe but sexy and funny at the same time! :laugh3:

He was on the left side of Jonny when he did it...

I couldn't find a video so far :(

Welcome to coldplaying!!!

Your videos are great, I love GOW :heart:

Sadly it's not the part I meant...

It was a bit like he was about to do a limbo dance, so his upper body was leaned back and he jumped forwards in that position. Hard to describe but sexy and funny at the same time! :laugh3:

He was on the left side of Jonny when he did it...

I couldn't find a video so far :(

Thank you! :)

I think I know what you mean now. He did something similar during Fix You at 3:11

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOshRpmcjkU&hd=1]YouTube - Coldplay - Fix You (Düsseldorf 27/08/2009)[/ame]

Who knows, maybe a complete video of IMP will turn up. There were thousands of cameras there that night, surely someone must have filmed it ;)

I got some good "external" photos at the 02 in December, but inside the seats were just too far away to get any decent stage shots.;)

However, with the Photoblog and all that, who really needs them?

What do you mean by "external"?